What's up with the images on GaG?

Why aren't images displaying on GaG? There is a Click To View image instead. This is on mobile and PC browser and has happened to others too from what I have heard. Any chance you can fix the bug GaG?

@girlsaskguys

(Using Chrome on both mobile and PC)

• I've had issues with loading images but it's fixed now.
  • I have issues with loading images and it's still not working.
  • I haven't had any issues, don't know what you're talking about!

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• One of these days I will have a browser glitch and be unable to load Girls Ask Guys, but I will not try to fix it because I will think it is just another update.

• It is an update and it is beneficial in three ways :-
    #1. It saves the bandwidth.
    #2. It supports the fading opinions.
    #3. It helps users to have a hassle free experience as it'll hide unwanted gif (as some people use 2-3 gif in one opinion)

• This is the first question I've looked at in around a week or two so I don't know what you mean (yet!) but judging by the comments, it may be a hassle for some, a godsend for others. If this update came last year, I would be cheering haha. I barely had any data in my dad-to-day life and all the pics and gifs would use it all up in a few seconds or so when I loaded the page.

• But there is still a marker there, an image that says Click To View. I get what you mean about the data usage but you could have changed your browser settings to help with that.

• well that was what I was thinking, it's still an image so how is that reducing bandwidth? @Yourfutureex

• I don't think they'll load unless you click on them. And it's just one pic as compared to many.

• There is new thing they have where you got click the image
    i think they using censorship on here cause too many people
    have been posting links, images etc that is deemed inappropriate.

• For the moment no issues though I posted a question earlier tonight and for one pic the image is showing, for the other the URL. But the link works so no issue.

• I seem to have had a few links not show up :(

• What I've noticed after posting my opinion, was that often you have to click on a "show image" icon to see the pic... but clicking works without a problem :D

• actually i believe GAG has updatd again... and this is a new feature

• It is a new update - Pics don't display until you click on them

• Honestly? I can't believe that - why would you do that? It stops me from looking at the questions. That Click Here thing looks dumb.

Is the feed back to the old layout now too? It changed twice yesterday, back and forth, but now it's back to the old layout.

I'm confused!

• Nothing to do with me - It just happened yesterday evening for me too

• It's rubbish... what a silly idea.

• Some people, like me, have to pay for bandwidth and this new feature, assuming it is in fact that and not a coding error, saves us quite a bit of data by not automatically loading all the images on a page (like when people post memes in response to some questions) and only shows images (spends data) that you choose to open. But I can unerstand how it could be annoying for people who get free internet.

• You can change your browser setting to not load images, on most you can anyway.

• I don't want to stop loading images altogether. I just don't want to load random images that i won't even look at

• Voted B and also think it sucks.

• It is a daft update, it looks like the site cannot load properly. Looks unprofessional in my opinion.

• Yes, I agree. And it breaks the way we wanted to communicate by images (having to click on it kills the mood).

• Total mood killer, you are right about that!

• Some update

• They show up when I click it... but it's kind of a "meh" thing.

• probably to defend the weak to give them a choice to view a pic that may or may not offend them.

• this is so annoying but #DealWithIt i1127.photobucket.com/.../..._MTkxNjA0MzY0MTIx.jpg and TBT I don't see why in the hell they would even make this update

• I know, just what were they thinking this would achieve? Just looks shit.

I can #dealwithit but I have learnt from experience that sometimes bringing these things to attention can help. Most of the time it doesn't but sometimes it does.

• SEE! I HAD TO CLICK IN ORDER TO LAUGH! madness

• @BertMacklinFBI exactly, laughing should not be a two-step process!

• I've noticed that I've had to click the thing to view the images, I was wondering what was going on, I don't now how they think this is an improvement. (Or a new 'feature'...)

It's annoying and wastes time.

• Looks crap doesn't it. Like the page can't load.

• Yeah I'd assumed there was something wrong, or at first I thought it had been a link to a photo that was taken down or something. Some of these updates...

• Yes, that's exactly what I thought too. Looks broken.

What Girls Said 8

• I think it's pretty shit.

Half the time when you click to view it, it'll redirect you to the page it came from like Pinterest.

Other thing is that it's prone to trolling with lewd imagery, so it won't get reported as quickly, making multiple users to click on something really disgusting until it eventually gets removed.

I get that admins are probably trying to speed up the website, but it's actually gotten more shit with these text fadeout and image click features.

• i think this isn't an issue. this seems like an 'update' to the site which SUCKS. really not liking where this layout is headed.
    i miss the old GaG, like the 2-year-old version -.-

• Most of the updates I quite like, or I at least give them a bit of a chance to grow on me as I can see what they were trying to achieve, but this really does suck! Clicking on all the images to load them? Why? What benefit is this? It's silly and looks crap too. Makes the site look as if it isn't loading properly, looks unprofessional.

• yeah i really dislike it. makes the site look like it's constantly lagging, ur right -.-

• Just don't get why someone thought that was a good idea!

• Just tried to upload some images today. Unfortunately this feature didn't work for me

• I thought it was a glitch but apparently it's an update.

• That's the update. :)

• Who voted A? I want it too!

• I fucking hate it

• I'm on mobile right now and haven't had any issues with this