Should there be an age limit on this site?

Recently I have noticed an increase in people aged 13/14 asking questions about relationships etc. So what I want to know is, do people think they should be on this site, should there be an age limit.

If you comment thinking there is, saying what age you think the limit should be would be appreciated :)

• Yes, there should be a limit
  • No, there shouldn't be a limit
  • Indifferent / Other

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, they come on here asking for advice, and if it's good advice then all the better for them, especially if they listen to it.

I mostly just hate how they ask the same questions so many times, usually shallow, like "My crush didn't snapchat me back for 2 hours, what does it mean?" Or simply utilizing the search bar to see if their question has been asked before. Otherwise I don't care

What Guys Said 25

• There used to be a limit of non younger than 16. They changed it to 13 when the site got its massive overhaul a couple years back. The site was way better before 13-15 year Olds were allowed.

• The problems that resulted when the age limit was lowered were a main reason why I stopped being a moderator.

• No matter what the ageof the asker is, we should do our best to give a full and frank answer to the best of our abilities. Some questions are trivial, and these are the questions that should be discouraged. Any 13 year old (or maybe younger) that has a serious question deserves a serious answer. Any 13 year old that has some sort of emotional issue should be listened to, and advised accordingly.

What we mustn't do is sweep these kids under the carpet just because they are young. What seems a minor issue to older people can be a huge problem for a youngster. Young girls might have questions when they start periods. They should be addressed. Young boys might have questions about spontaneous erections. These should be addressed too.

• No. I wish I had some guidance at that age. even sexual. I grew up before the internet. In my home, growing up, sex was never talked about. I never had "the talk". I had to figure it out on my own with no real way to learn. An encyclopedia does not tell you shit. I mean I thought women sat down to pee because they pee'd out of their butt until I was in my late teens. So better to educate and give them a forum.

• 13 is the lowest age allowed to make an account on this website. if you see someone stating they are younger than 13, report it.

• The minimum age here is 13 so they are nor breaking any site rules (unless they are asking 'how to ' sexual questions.

Does it bother u to have 13-15 year olds on here?

• In does not bother me, just some of their questions I dont believe people that young should be asking

• Their parents won't give them advice that is genuine, so they come here to ask for advice.

That is the beauty of GaG. people you know with no personal agendas, giving unfiltered advice. 8-)

• What would be the point if you can just lie when you sign up? Putting a restriction age in the Internet is stupid cause everyone can lie about their age. There are many people here that aren't the age they claim to be.

• It won't really matter, a 10 years old can make an account saying that they are 20, in other words, we can't stop kids from using this site in anyway.

• Yes, but it won't be foolproof. It's too easy to lie about ages on Internet forums.

• No I think 13 is fine

• Yeah everyone should b 40 or above

• Blocking them from this site isn't going to stop them being interested in relationships. Better that they get advice from adults with life experience than from other 13 year olds who are just going to fill their heads with myths and misinformation.

• Real talk, what would a limit do?
    "Woah, this website requires you to be an 18+ girl or guy! I'll just say that I'm 18+, when in actuality I'm 3. And a cat."

• Nope. It's not nice for them to feel unwanted. They want to learn some things that all people want to know when they are 12, 13, 14.

• As it is the internet, an age limit is just a formality, anybody can state they are 20 if they really are 13.

• no because you can't forbid anything. if you will tell someone not to smoke or not to drink, they still will do it because forbidding something isn't a solution..

• You're not too different from 13-14 years old teenagers. I don't like this restricting ideas, about anything.

• They have a right to know about sex and relationships. Or are you one of the fools who'd rather have their little teenagers not know anything about sex and get pregnant or an STD because of that? If you think knowing would hurt them, you're an idiot.

• No I am not like that, its just I have seen quite a few of them asking about penises sizes and things when they are only 13. I only want to know what people think

• Yes. But kids don't know any better, and they still try to find a way to get on here or in places they shouldn't be.

• It is normal because many 13- or 14-year-old kids are having a relationship.

• There is one.

• I thought the actual age limit is 13

• Yes, this should be limited from age 18-24
    and make a GaG Site restricted age 17 and under
    and make a GaG Adult site age 25 and older

• I think below 15 is too young.

• The problems aren't the young ones, it is the rude 17-24 year old men and the horny foreign men.

• LOL. Not all of the foreign men are horny and i would push that age up to around 28 for the men. ;D

• What about the rude women? There are no rude women, right? Idiot.

• And there... is the proof of my point!

• i found this site contain sexual topic... is it fine if they get learn sex education in this site lol?

• It's a course if they don't get one in their educational system. Like apparently so many people are ignorant about in the U. S.

What Girls Said 9

• Freak yes! Or at least make an adult section where people who are 18 and up can go and a separate one where it's only 21 and up.

Some things on here are openly displayed for kids to see (and they have to learn about it sometime right. Plenty of them are already doing it).

But I like being around people my own age.

• Do I enjoy young kids talking about things I personally feel they're too young to discuss? No, it makes me slightly uncomfortable.
    But the truth is, they're gonna discuss it if not here then somewhere, we can't change their behaviors by taking away a venue for discussion.
    On top of this I rather talk to a 13 year old and relate to her about my issues and how I was once in her shoes albeit older then having her feel alone and lost. If we can help someone whose struggling then why not.
    As far as secual topics. The way I see it is they're either going to learn from someone here or from the porn industry if they're not feeling like discussing them with their parents... And I em rather they talk sexuality with someone here then there.

• There should be an IQ limit.

• They can be here but they will get upset if most people don't answer their questions

• No. To me, younger users have a right to be here as anybody else does on this site. They need advice from us so that we can set a positive influence for them, you know? :)

• Isn't there already an age limit set at 13?

• I don't see the point. If they don't write it here, they will somewhere else

• I don't see anything particularly wrong with it... I mean kids nowadays probably need to come here to learn what their parents refuse to tell them. Their parents refuse to give them the rated R truth, but they're gonna learn about it from another source regardless.

• yeah there should be.