How do you go about deciding whether to answer a question?

it seems like for a lot of people, the decision to answer a question they see is highly arbitrary. What makes you choose to answer a question or not answer it? also, if a question already has a lot of answers, do you refrain from answering it because it might get lost in the shuffle?

Most Helpful Guy

• If question already has an opinion similar to me, I give +1 to author and move along.

If question is already biased toward some opinion, I move along. Let's see, there was once a question about Obama, but author already decided to praise Obama. Giving an opinion to such biased question is pointless, experience says that such people, usually, don't appreciate or don't care about opinions, which doesn't collide with their own.

If question involves too much responsibility, like: should I leave, should I forgive, etc. Inaccurate answer can mess up someone's life.

All questions asking to "decode" someone's behavior I ignore, like: he/she said "it's over", what does it mean; she/he looked at me 3 times, what does it mean; he/she mentioned this and that, what does it mean, etc.

Questions asked due to boredom I ignore.

Somewhat pointless questions I ignore, like: when I say [insert word], what comes to your mind.

Questions, which contain jerk slang I ignore.

Questions, which asks to evaluate someone I ignore, because each has his/her own values.

What Girls Said 2

• Just answer it if I have a solution/response.

• I answer a question if I know the answer. nothing more, nothing less

What Guys Said 5

• If a question is long and drawn out I won't reply. The ones I answer are usually from older women though I answer all ages mostly females. I don't answer rate me questions or the questions that are asked over and over

• 90% are questions from girls. If they are too long or complicated or confusing I skip them. If they are of particular interest and/or I think I can actually help, I will choose it. If they have a lot of answers or are starred, I move on immediately. And I am SO sick of the never-ending, "Does this mean he likes me" questions (from girls)!!

• those kind of questions come from guys too though but they are annoying af

• Oh, yeah, the ones from guys I don't even bother opening!

• Oh, yeah - Also, I never give a girl a number rating. Even though she asks, I find it to be rude and low-class. I will describe her instead. Regular polls I often won't click on either, because I would rather explain.

• Usually I just answer it

• Well I read down the recent list and answer those that I want to. Then I go to the different categories.

• I only answer if I can answer it..