Do you bother answering questions that were already given MHO?

Question says it all. Many people have made it clear that they're here for the Xper, so to answer an already-given MHO means you may not have to work so hard at answering if you answer at all since it was already awarded. Do you do this, or still answer the question, and why?

Wow, a lot of people have changed since last year. Last year people would have been all over this question with only answering quickly and not-so-seriously for the Xper points because they all wanted gift cards. Now I see the site has become a bit more focused on the help rather than the incentive. Nice to see! Personally I do answer questions with MHO selected, but I won't if someone answered very similarly to what I would have said already. (I don't want it to seem like I'm an answer-stealer!)

Most Helpful Girl

• I skim through the opinions and of someone already said what I was going to say then I don't bother answering. But if i can offer a new perspective then I'll answer

What Guys Said 12

• I rarely do, but not because of the exp, but because they've already gotten the answer they wanted, so why bother.

• I sometimes don't answer. Its not because of the Xper points its just that they picked it way to soon and didn't wait to here what all the answers would be. That's the kind of person I am. I like to make sure I have the most input before I make a decision.

• I don't mind if MHO has been given - It is not important

• If they are given out right away in 5 min It bothers me But I do answer old MH Questions

• What does xper actually do? I'm here to learn and answer questions. I answer regardless of MHO unless it's a really old question from like a month or two ago and it would be pointless to answer it at that point in time.

• Acquiring enough will give you points towards things you can redeem them for. The most popular I am guessing is the Amazon gift card, that is electronically sent to you by email, and then applied to your account. Get a high-enough Xper to obtain this, and it's just like earning cash just for being on a social site.

• Nah I don't mind.. like now lol besides it helps put the question back in the feed

• Yes I answer them.

• I do all the time lol thats why my MHO percentage is crap

• Yeah. It's not all about MHO. It's about giving someone insight that they may not have thought of.

• Of course. I am into the popularity contests of this place.

• yes. im not an mho hunter

• For what? They already found their perfect answer. What I hate is the ones who award mh in like five minutes. What?

• That's what I wonder, if maybe people do that to discourage any more responses if things aren't exactly going the way they'd hoped. Or, it could be that they aren't going to log in for a long time so instead of leaving it wait, they award the MH before taking their break. Or, they could have just immediately found the answer they had hoped to get. Who knows?

What Girls Said 15

• I still answer. Some peopke give MHO as a popularity thing, I've seen. Regardless, if I have something useful to say, I say it.

• Sometimes I'd still answer especially if it's a question I think I could help with.

• I don't give two shits about xper.

I'm here to add my two cents, so an already selected MHO doesn't deter me from responding.

• Yes, I don't care about Xper at all - If it's an interesting question to me and I feel like my opinion might be valuable in some way I will share it.

• Eh, I'll still answer the question. Doesn't hurt to put my two cents in it. I could probably have a better answer then the selected MH, who knows.

• I may be able to relate to how the asker feels, so sometimes i'll add something extra hoping they'll benefit from it

• I do sometimes answer them, depending on how interesting the question is.

• Yes I do. I like good questions.

• yes.. i do.. most of the time..

• I still answer the question :) sometimes the user who got MHO may have left out something to say. So I add my comment.

Besides, the more advice you've got, the more secure you feel.

• I still answer the question :)

• Yeah. I sometimes do

• Yeah sometimes i do when I think the question is fun and worth answering.

• I still answer them.

• Well, I do.