Why do humans delete they're GAG account when you could just leave it open and return to it whenever you want?

Same goes for any forum account. What's the point of deleting it after all that progress?

kcolb em

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand this either. I stopped coming here for like a year, I eventually forgot about it then one day I randomly remembered it and came back. I was glad my account was still there! I wouldn't even set my account to inactive or anything. I would write on my profile that I was going away for a while and I'd tell the admins about it too, seeing as I'm a mod.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't understand this either.

• In the end they still return...

• They want to "bury" the account. If I wanted to leave, then I'd also delete my account.

• I do not know. I guess they want a fresh start.

What Guys Said 6

• They probably want to make sure they DON'T want to return.

GAG does take up a lot of time, so it makes sense. Even if I'm fairly dedicated, I can see why some others would rather choose something else to pass the time.

• There something symbolic in closing your account and saying goodbye though a few just deactivated

• if they delete it they can set up a new identity with the same email. They might be just cleaning house. My girlfriend is considering this now.

• Perhaps they never liked their old opinions and don't want to associate themselves with them. Hence, they delete their account. Later, they become interested in joining again with a fresh start.

• Definitely for fun bro

• To prevent relapses into addiction