Do you think most people choose an "Opinion" as a Most Helpful Opinion (MHO) solely because it's a long response?

I just recently passed up my 100th MHO in my GAG carreer (I have exactly 103 now) and I've only been on here for five months, so that's impressive. My MHO ratio is 103 out of 779 "Opinions' that have been chosen for MHO (13%.)

Anyway, as most of you know, I write very long, detailed AND helpful "Opinions." With that being said, I'm under the impression that if I just wrote long and detailed responses, whether they were accurate, relevent OR helpful, I would still get a MHO. I think most people look at the length of a response and choose it for MHO, regardless of what it says (they probably don't even read it.)

I think this is stupid. I agree with quality over quantity (I can work both at the same time.) I personally don't choose MHO's on their length.

What do you people think?

• Yes, most people choose a MHO based solely on the length of the "Opinion"
  • No, most people don't choose a MHO based solely on the length of the "Opinion"
  • It's about 50/50, some people do, some don't.
@Theguyoverthere You pretty much hit it on point and I didn't pick you because your "Opinion" was long lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• People typically chose the MHO of the person you typically agrees with the QA. I honestly feel most QAs are just looking for answers they want to hear. You can have a "Why are all women gold diggers?" as a question and they'll be tons of people saying they're not but if you simply answer "Because all girls just want money" the bitter guy asking the question will nominate that as the MHO. It's not a good system in my opinion.

Lengthy opinions can also work against you if the guy/girl does not have a lot of patience and especially if it is an answer they don't wish to hear. So if you have some girl posting about how she's on and off with an abusive ex with the excuse of "but I love him..." even though you'll have a bunch of people saying "avoid him and report him" if 1 person says "give him another chance" she'll likely nominate that as the MHO and go back with him because she wasn't really looking for advice but moreso validation as to what she wanted.

What Girls Said 11

• Anyone here who knows me for a long time, @CincinnatiRedsfan, knows I am Thorough And... Long and lengthy many times over.
    However, with this, I explain in great detail my Answer so they better have an idea of the problem at hand and don't have to come back to me incessantly with repeat questions... But of course many do anyways.
    I get many a MHO from others because of my Answer and along with the length, short stops get me a Home run as well.
    It's not how long but How... Strong.
    Good luck, keep up the good work. xx

• I've noticed you're the same as me when you answer questions. I always put a thorough answer with my "Opinions" too.

• Yes, and with this, a lot always goes a long ways, @CincinnatiRedsfan. xx

• I choose the MHOS based on whether I was convinced, or if It really really made my day (made me laugh) and based on whether the the question was answered precisely.

• I said about 50/50. I personally don't. I think that sometimes the short and precise answers are the best and sometimes the longer answers borderline on preaching or rambling.

• I tend to pick longer ones because I want to reward someone who gave a well thought out interesting response

• I can see your point of view here. I love to write long responses myself, so now I know to answer your questions lol

• no i think t has to do with the fact hen someone has a long answer theyve put long thought into it. inverse true of short answers.

• I agree with that (especially with mine) but I've also seen people write ridiculously long responses which have virtually nothing to do with the topic OR with inaccurate information.

• For me, I choose mho based on whether the opinion was helpful to me or is able to help me in any way, that being said, I also look at whether the opinion owner answered the question precisely.

• I choose people who give great advice. I don't choose because the opinion is long or short.

• Sometimes I let the system do the choice.

• No, I've seen tons of MHO that have been short answers.

• Most people give it to their friends or popular users.

• lots of them do.

What Guys Said 8

• Most of the time how helpful an opinion is, is more important how long an opinion is. Me personally since most of my questions don't require a serious opinion, I either choose funniest opinion or opinion with the most upvotes.

• I don't have a lot of questions but I tend to pick my MHO on the opinion that made most sense.

• I personally choose the MHO based on what seems most applicable to the situation, as well as that which offers a new idea or good spin on the question. It definitely helps when they respond if you follow up, or if they write in complete sentences, to be sure.

• I don't know? I guess I'd like to give people the benefit of a doubt and say no to your question. I've written short answers and have gotten mho before. I've also written long answers without getting a mho.

• It just seems most people with a high MHO rate usually write long "Opinions."

• It's possible. Or maybe people like you give great advice and they want to reward y'all for your efforts. ( I'm giving you a compliment by the way).

• Well thanks!

Yes, good advice does help but too many people can't handle the truth either (and I'm blunt and honest.)

• No, my opinions are chosen cause I'm sexy af.

• sometimes shorter responses are better
    But if the answer is long and thorough i will select it

• some do im sure, but I've had a lot of short responses get MHO too, especially if they are witty

• No, people just choose what they wanted to hear in the first place.