"All mods and admins are biased, inconsistent and corrupt." Shouldn't these things be banned?

Things like "all women are idiot" are banned because it is profane and it hurts a specific group of humans. This statement will upset each and every woman.
So, when a user tries to offend admin staff or (especially) moderators, it hurts the current moderators, it hurts me.
I'm honest with my life and my work. I'm doing this for volunteering (and same goes for other mods too). I just can't (and don't want to) listen all this nonsense.

If they want to know why their post was removed, why don't they contact admins?

Shouldn't such comments be banned?
Or whether they are already banned?

• I stand. Should be banned.
  • Freedom of speech whether it's wrong.
  • Already banned.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do think they should be banned, they're technically member posts and hating against GAG. I don't like being put into the bracket of being biased and corrupt when I'm not like that at all. A lot of people are ignorant and don't realise that a tiny number of mods are like this but they eventually get their mod status removed. If they don't like us or GAG they should leave and these types of posts should be against the rules and removable.

• Yes! Yes! Yes! Exactly ☺

• @dogbert444 Mods can remove comments immediately themselves, that's why but it doesn't get removed permanently unless an admin says so. If you report a comment, you have to wait for an admin to remove it or hope a mod sees it and hides it. If you send me a link to the post, I'll remove it for you.

• Thanks. It was removed this morning, UK time. :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• I go with the little lioness @justbanANNAz here :)

Why get emotional and take it to heart? No matter what good intentions are & you do, expect a section of people to criticize and even accuse you the other way round. End of the day not everything is about intent but also more about perception from the other side.

Moreover, there are those who not only are fixated but also frustrated and they get to vent themselves out here since no matter what everyone's ideally anon :)

History is testimony to various great people who have done good to mankind but have been not only persecuted but also been put to death cause their opinions / actions were against what the majority wanted in that particular place :)

Learn to ignore, I go with everyone who said that :) I debate those who have opposing views but I DEBATE, the moment it reaches a point where it's becoming an argument I stop :)

• Let me repeat what I said to Meson
      Of course but isn't it antagonism? And how I'm supposed to debate with a person whose post I didn't remove. I don't know their story and I can't believe a heartbroken person. All I know is that he/she is publicly offending a group. And it's the nature of the site to promote only lively and progressive debates.
      Of course, I won't take it to my heart but but the content these people are generating is distasteful and profane. It "should" be removed, not because it's against me, but because it catalyses hate/offence/antagonism.

• I'll look forward to it :)

• Wow thank you for the MH my young friend, you are very thoughtful and generous :)

I just discovered that GAG now allows 2 MHs to be selected from each gender, thank you for the initiation :D

What Girls Said 6

• Users are allowed to criticize the admins/mods here as a whole. Some users simply don't like the rules and don't like that their posts get removed. However, unless they are criticizing a specific mod (which would be considered member post), their comment won't be removed.

Being a moderator is something like a position of "authority" since mods can hide posts so of course anytime someone is in that position, they should expect that some other people will not like it.

So, like I said, if someone mentions specific mods in a negative way then it would be a member post and can be hidden. However, if they're just talking in general about the moderation here, the comments will not be removed.

• just ignore them man. dont let anyone get to u. u dont have to respond to haters u know. that will only add fuel to the fire.

• I'd agree that it seems like antagonism to me. If this person is using that wording and do not give valid arguments to back up their claims other than using insults and generalizing then for me it would be a violation of our guidelines.

• If they don't like how the site is run, they don't have to stay. In fact, they ought to leave.

• You just have to ignore it. They should really cancel the POLL guy who's in anon mode. He really talks nonsense.

• WE WILL BEND THE RULES. Our own new government with new policies in favour of mods and their honesty!!!

• I agree, why don't they contact admins? If they think "all mods & admins are biased, inconsistent and corrupt"... why are they still on this site? They can deactivate their account and not come on here to troll and bother others that want advice or opinions.

• Mod team needs you 😌

• You're cuter :(

• Aww shucks. thank you :)

What Guys Said 19

• Technically I'm more of a fan of answering their qualms and just respectfully disagreeing. By silencing, you imply that they're right, and you're hiding something. Or at least that's how I feel about it, and that's why I don't hide it as "nonsense" or "offensive". Although of course, the "why did my post get removed" questions get removed and redirected to the Help form as usual. I know I'm not corrupt, though.

• Of course but isn't it antagonism? And how I'm supposed to debate with a person whose post I didn't remove. I don't know their story and I can't believe a heartbroken person. All I know is that he/she is publicly offending a group. And it's the nature of the site to promote only lively and progressive debates.

• Freedom of speech, with responsibility.

Let them comment like that all they want, and force them to face responsibility for their actions. I can go up to the president of the united states, and call him a "wh**e taliban sympatizer who f***s sheep", but i also know i will face responsibility for it.

• A president is chosen "by" the people but not mods.

• still doesn't change what i can say about them, and that i have to take responsibility for what i say

• I don't think that the "all women/men are idiots" should be banned either, it's freedom of speech, it's what they believe. Should you get arrested for saying that the president is an idiot? No, it's what you believe and they're just words, you gotta get over it. You knew (or should have known) that when you become a mod/admin, aka, someone with more power that the rest, you were gonna get hate.

• I got your point but think that it is generating hate which is not relevant for the aim set up by the site (to help people and closing the gap).

And laws =/= rules.

• Not necessarily offend but imagine if sooo many users opine this and share a laugh with each other, would you stay here on such site where people humiliate your countrymen?

• Well, I wouldn't be in a place where I'm not liked, but I'd rather go than be with some people that don't like me and I didn't even know.
      I know many people in this site don't like America or Americans, but it's not even half the people, and they still have the right to give their opinion.

• it doesn't bother me. im just chillin. it probably does bother some more than others though but don't worry about it d00d. its the internet.

• But it's sheer antagonism, no?

• Sorry to take the beef here dear boy but you were the next comment down and your esteemed colleagues talk smack then hit the block button.

YFE: It's subversive suggestion within the framework, apparent to anyone with decent language skills.
      That would be removed on the grounds of it being a member post, your challenge is as silly as your critical thinking skills... if you do, in fact, agree that it's all about perception... then what are you here bitching about?
      I'm DONE!

Peace out brethren.

• @master_poop ehh I have no idea whats going on its all good lol

• Frankly, it doesn't bother me whatsoever when people say that. No hater that i have on here has any effect whatsoever on me. My real life is going too well atm... which has the consequence of making anything that happens on here super insignificant for me. I don't think people voicing their frustrations with moderation or the opposite gender for that matter should be banned, unless they are taking it to the extreme, which comes in one form or another. My preference is just to re-educate these people on what is real life, and what isn't.

• He/she is offending a group. And it's the nature of the site to promote only lively and progressive debates. This is sheer antagonism. No matter if it hurts anyone or not, this is not relevant to the site's objectives. That's why.

• Doesn't bother me. If they want to complain and bitch about that stuff, there is the door and they can either leave or suck it up

• When you sign up to be a mod you know what you are going to get so from the freedom of speech point a view, you have to let it go - If it gets personal I will report it but other than that you have to be seen to be fair.

• But why would we let this antagonism be ignored? Just because it's against the mods who are temporarily selected, is it fair to offend them?

• Once it is not personal I think you have to allow it.

• Mods and admins just smile and shrug when they read things like that.

• Don't feed the trolls.
    media.licdn.com/.../3c36c7f.jpg

• I chose B becz freedom of speech is way more important than we getting exploitations.

And ya if we say all mods are biased or something like that then its your resposibilty to correct the corrupt mods.

So freedom of speech is to stay!

• Why my responsibility?

• Oh boy.

Can I say all Indian cricketers are suckers?
      It's also a team

• Well I don't care if you say anything about them becz I am not a fan of cricket. Well if you say it in front of the coach or a team member! He will try to improve him or his teammates to not be called suckers.

• Interesting, Its hard because when you see people post saying mods are corrupted etc is upsetting i am personally not corrupt or biased and like other mods I follow the guidelines. If I ever hide things it's only after I have considered it's the correct action.

• Exactly. And when they say "all" mods are corrupt, it includes each and every one of us.

• No, I do not think that should be banned. Although I think most admins and mods are good, I think users still should have the rights to say whatever they want to say.

• Isn't it antagonism?

• For instance, assume I am saying "fuck you" words with another user in your question.
      If that annoys you, you can tell them "get the fuck out of my question and argue in your messages" and block both of us.
      If that annoys other users who are viewing your question, they can just ignore those craps and make their own comments.

• It is true that people want peaceful discussions, so do I, but many people do not mind if they see some others are saying bad words.
      It is also unnecessary to concern the image of this site. Most people will still voluntarily be peaceful, and even if someone says bad words for once or twice, they still like to be peaceful.
      Also, there are also quarrels on Facebook, Twitter, etc. I am peaceful, but sometimes I simply insult someone without debating, for instance, if he is a commie.

• Comes with the territory doesn't affect me at all.

• Brave heart.

• If you just think about it they are just words. I mean if they were coming from someone I knew or cared about that is one thing but if it's not your friends on here then I wouldn't worry about it. Most the time the people that lash out at others are the ones that are not happy with themselves and need to try to make others feel bad about themselves so they feel better about themselves.

• Very wise words :)

• I wouldn't say that but I don't see why it should be banned

• Sometimes mods are too sensitive

• Why can't we report the comments of admins?
    😀

• Because reporting means advising "admins" to remove the targeted post/s
      I don't think they're stupid enough to remove their own posts.

• Some of the things should be banned.

Same old stuff repeats 100 times a day.

• The truth can be antagonistic! haha

• So? Antagonism isn't allowed here no matter if it's true or false.

Our actions can be hurtful! haha

• "Whether". There's vast difference between "suggesting" and "construing".

And no. That was not antagonistic AT ALL. "it's all about perception."

And you say corrupt is not an insult huh? I challenge you to post a question "is YourFutureEx a corrupt mod?" And let's see if it survives or not. And no, honestly I won't hide it.

• Says a person who can't even write in proper box?

That was just a discussion (more lile debate)
      Yeah I went a bit aggressive but you have your own share of bad words which I ignored.

I'm sorry if you felt bad. I don't want to hold grudge and I honestly don't like to piss people off.

That thread was just intended to minimise the antagonism. And I expected jest like you did in your initial opinion. You seemed to be a good debater that's why I pulled that convo.

At the end of the day, if you want to block me and end this in the least productive manner, that's your choice.
      Have a nice day ahead and best of luck for your future :)
      Wish you will have a better experience here on this site.

• Don't ban vagina and boobs questions and I'm happy

• Be happy then.

• saw one vagina and one boobs pic today it was awesome :D

• OMG! I missed it, damn :( You're teasing me.