Why is it that people ask questions anonymously on here?

My question is why does it matter though? can't you just block people?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's the internet and you don't presumably know me and vice versa. Knowing my name which may be fake anyway as a lot of them are is not really going to make the opinion I give any more or less valuable because technically, I'm already anonymous. People just want to be able to post without people passing judgement. Sometimes its hard to express, even on the internet your true thoughts, especially when it comes to things dealing with sex, without fear or judgement. Society has made so many things so incredibly taboo, that even in this internet world, people still don't feel assured or comfortable posting their thoughts out in the open.

• I know this is just me, but who cares if someone judges you? People dont know you

• true, nope it wouldn't matter to me one bit, I feel like people have something to hide when they do that. I feel they care to much about what people think around them. The problem with this world today is too many people try to seek the approval of others and fit in with people instead of doing their own thing. Why do people follow fashion? b/c they wanna fit in. Ya you might like the look, but you like the look you had 5 years ago so why change the style? to fit in right? That's all I'm saying I just think the thing is people dont like being "judged" for being different. Who cares be different!! I'm sure whoever you are is an awesome person be proud of your questions and who you are!!

• Unfortunately in this world it isn't always so cut and dry. Having an opinion can as noted in the recent history of the internet, get you fired, black listed, kicked out, shamed, harassed, and sometimes even killed. Being anonymous allows important, or maybe not so important info to be shared in a way that protects the sender from any possible retribution beyond simple judgement. To say people's opinions don't matter is I think putting it a bit lightly. This whole website is designed because you along with everybody else is seeking the opinion of others. If you didn't care whether or not someone is or isn't posting anonymously, then why ask in the first place...

What Girls Said 9

• To hide their identity because they are asking a personal question.

If not,
    Some people just do it for the simple fact that its an option they can check off.
    No REAL reason other than that.

• I guess I can see that, But I guess in my opinion is shouldn't bother you?

• They may feel that their reputation would be smeared if they were to ask the question with their profile showing.

I asked a question Anonymous ONCE because I didn't want to get any bias.

• To remain anonymous.. Cause they're embarased of their question or they don't want their stalkers/followers to know what are the posting on GaG.

• vagina, boob and ass rates

• So those who recognize you from your previous posts and questions don't judge you.

• Even if they're using a fake name, I guess it makes them feel safer in some way...

• I have no idea why people go anonymous on here.

• if you don't, for sensitive or sexual subjects, you get men sending you sexually rude messages. You also avoid hate posts from people not agreeing with your point of view.

I only post with my name on posts that I don't think are too controversial. Usually sexual posts I go anonymously. The anonymous postings from someone with 1 Xper point are often from "catfish" (men pretending to be women... if I read the definition correctly.)

• There is no association.

What Guys Said 11

• I think they are afraid of being judge by the internet gods I guess. I'm not sure. But I know what can help. . . .

hypnodepot.com/.../fearbeingjudged.jpg

• A number of reason personal issues, sensitive topic on the other hand could be just trolls plus there is anon registration available and there are people who just don't want to be known on the site.

• Most of the time they are trolls or its something really personell. But oh well, the ones that piss me off are the ones that answer anonymous because most of what they do is troll. I say if your gonna be an asswhole, at least have the balls to let people know who you really are.

• As I'm becoming more known I've started caring about my image so have been posting many anon questions these days... It was much better when I started on this site was hardly anonymous and more honest. Yes you are right people need to stop asking anon questions so much.

• Because I wouldn't want to be personally associated with some of the more controversial, perverted or plain risky questions that bubble up in my mind.

• Because they don't want people to know who they are.

• lol, I know that but what are they afraid of, you can block people

• There are things that you ask that you don't want people to link to your name.

• To get unbiased answers.
    To save their reputation.
    To keep things private.

Though most people abuse this feature.

• cause some of it's embarrasing

• becoz of pervy questions

• Cowards, guys who try faking girls. Can tell by stupid question:)

• To preserve their precious reputation of being an ass kisser.