What do you use the gender exclusion option for?

I use it when I want to avoid some pointless negativity and a couple insulting comments.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 10

• i usually only close out guys because i donĀ“t want those stupid stereotypical guy comments, especially on sexual topics.

• Never, because I'm not a biased, bigoted, ass who just wants a circle jerk. Everything I say and do is open for debate from anyone for whatever reason, even if it's just say "lol ur a fag".

• I use it for more personal questions

• I never use it. can't see myself using it. I want my questions to be open for all people.

• I don't use it for anything, I find the exclusion based on genitals rather silly, actually. I believe in gender neutrality, after all.

• I never use it then again I don't ask many questions

• Never used it and will never

• I never use it. It may be known that I wish that feature would be removed.

• I think I've only used it one time, and I'm glad o did cuz there was some strong conversation I felt might have gone hostile.

• Fair enough! Honestly, as long some people are getting some good use from it, its alright. Just annoying for me at times :-P

• my I only want girls or guys opinions

• It's a way of snipping traffic and half the users an opportunity to answer. meh

What Girls Said 6

• I tried using it for the same reason, but it didn't work on the myTake section. A lot of the guys on my new myTake have been supportive which is great but of course there are always a couple of downers/fools who say nothing about the Take or completely misinterpret it.

I may start using them on questions as well because whenever I ask a question that is specifically for women, I see a bunch of guys answering with bigoted views or nonsense.

• Never have

• I don't use it at all. I don't like the option. I think it is very possible that in using it you could be missing out on opinions or advice that could possibly be of value and you would never know. I would much rather ignore any possible negativity or invalid responses.

• I don't think I have ever used the gender exclusivity option before.

• Never, really. Even my period questions are open to all.

• I use it when I don't need opinions from the other gender. Like if im directing my question at guys I don't need to know the women's input.