Why can't we change our username?

0|0
7|7

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• Because it will give birth to many confusions.

2|4
    2|0
  • For tagging purposes and people stalking others

0|0
    0|0
  • Because too many trolls would post ridiculous shit, Then change their name to avoid punishment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because your name is your identity here.

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea.. hope GAG change it

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • it's system.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Cause then it'd be like a different person and nobody would recognise you.

2|2
    0|0
    • Yeah but our dp, "about me" etc will still be the same..

• People change these things a lot, these things are not permanent unlike the username.
      It'd be super confusing if everyone started changing their usernames all the time.

• Eh, some sites let you change your username freely, and others don't.
    G@G used to allow one name change per account, but they've stopped doing that.
    At the very least, changing your username would kind of ruin the @ mention system.

1|0
    0|1
  • You can, just contact the admins, but you only get to change it once. Why they don't let you change it mutilpe times? I don't know, maybe it's a policy or term they came up with

1|0
    0|0
    • "Recently we have changed our policy and do not allow username changes anymore. Username changes have been starting to become more and more popular and these changes have been creating confusions among users. So, no more username changes. Thank you for your understanding."

• @TheoryOfAvarice wow well that sucks

• We used to be allowed to change our usernames but not anymore. The reason is it'll create confusions.

0|0
    0|0
  • It just confuses things, whilst ruining the @mention feature.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it messes up the mentioning system

0|1
    0|1