Is it okay to be honest on ''How do I look questions'' ?

When someone who is over 18 asks a question about how he/she looks, is it okay to say that they don't look attractive or that you don't like their style or is it unacceptable to say so? Whenever I say sth like that I get comments like: How dare you say that to her and that, this is not very nice to say... Why would people ask such a question if they don't want to face the truth?

• Be honest, no matter what
  • Lie and tell them that they look like the most attractive man/woman on planet Earth

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not gonna lie, I may choose my words but if someone wants my opinion I'm gonna give it to them.

What Girls Said 14

• I know, I try to be honest always, but sometimes I'm scared to tell the truth bc of how they'll react O_o

• It's fine being honest just don't be rude. You can say "i don't find you attractive" but you don't have to say "your the most hideous thing he ever seen in my life"

• Honestly I block this category. There are just too many young people on this site who take things to heart. I wish the site would remove it.

• This is tricky. People post pics of themselves for reassurance I think. And to me, there really is no UGLY people because I don't define it by who id sleep with vs who I wouldn't. I always say something positive to these posts because there is always something positive to say. "If you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all". :)

• You should be honest and tell them the truth because that's what they want to hear. I don't say anything about their looks if I don't find them attractive because I feel that's rude to say to them, even though they asked the question.

• They put themselves up for judgement, so they should prepare themselves for honest answers. If they get upset because of your honesty then it's their own fault, really.

• Lol everyone seems to either get solid 9's or brutally honest comments
    I think people just want to be told what they want to hear when they post pictures

• Be honest no matter how much the truth hurts. I always say sorry when it's not a happy opinion.

• Well your supposed to be at least 80% truthful lol

• I tend to avoid the how do I look questions.

• Be honest and yet word it properly

• An honest opinion is valued. Even if its not what I want to hear. If I don't like what someone has to say then I ignore them. Its easy. Diversity is a beautiful thing.

• What if what you don't like what someone says, happens to be true though?

• I think people need to stop taking critisism to heart. They asked peoples opinions so they very well got people opinions. They have no right to be mad and need to stop taking things so personally

• Well, I try to be as nice as possible. I don't want to make those people feel bad.

• Honestly if I didn't they look good I just wouldn't answer the question. That way you don't have to lie or hurt their feelings.

What Guys Said 15

• 1|1
  • i'd never say they r unattractive... coz some of em might tell me 2 "fuck off" i believe... if i find a feature on em i find unattractive i'd either overlook it or make a suggestion.

4 x-ample... "i believe u'd look better without glasses"... NOT "glasses make u look ugly" ;)

• Do not even bother about such people who say how dare y say that to them etc.. Just answer the q as the questioner too needs to know the truth. Sugar coating in such situations be avoide n only truth shall b told. Many a times they can take this something as a goal like to improve it by working out etc. And they too would highly appreciate an honest opinion only.

• No, be brutally honest. Whoever is of legal age is aware that he or she can get negative feedback too.

• It's OK to be honest, but, be constructive with your criticism. They don't want to hear "you're fat", but rather, have you tried dieting more and exercising a certain way etc.. it helps them rather than just saying "you're fat". They know they probably are but it's not very nice thing to say to someone

• Eh, if adults ask that question then they should know better. If they get some comments they don't like, then that's on them for not wearing their big boy pants.

• Be somewhere in the middle be constructive without destroying them

• Last time I was honest I got a barrage of downvotes... never again lol I keep my mouth shut! D;

• of coarse it is. They may not like that... but they asked the question, and you gave an honest answer

• I can't understand people, if you are not gonna tell the truth why do you lie like he/she's the hottest person world. Just dont say anything. All in all getting xpers is more important, isn't it? I hate that hypocrisy.

• I would prefer if people were honest to me.

• Despite what they say, people ask rates for attention and an ego boost. They hope to be told they're better looking than they think they are.

I'll give mediocre rates in a non-antagonistic tone. If someone is outright ugly, I just keep my mouth shut. I don't feel the need to bring them down. Just because they ask doesn't mean I'm compelled to answer.

• I'm honest, but I'm honest about something I find attractive. I've never had too much of a problem because I've always found people who post pics to have some attractive qualities.

• I always try to be nice unless their personality irritates me...

• You can be as honest as you want. I've always been just saying the same thing over and over again.