Is it just me or has traffic on GAG slowed recently?

I haven't been around much lately but when I am on it seems traffic on GAG has slowed. What's your take on GAG traffic?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah I'm afraid the last update, which was to the opinion of many an improvement, came a little too late. Some previous changes were not so popular and may have led to users leaving.
    Plus, there is the continuous problem of anonymous creeps stalking people or posting offensive things.
    Or the people sending nice girls sexist PM's, is another issue that may have led to even long term users running away.
    In the last 2 months, I haven't had any question anymore that triggered more than 20 opinions. It used to be 40+ for general questions.

• It does seem to slow after every update.

• Same here I would give mine away if it was allowed.

• Me too :-)

• Yes traffic has slowed. A lot of Gagers that posted a lot and got into conversations have left. Also GAG has made some changes which means questions now don't get seen by as many people. Both these means less answers to your questions.

• A lot of the entertaining active users have left or have withdrawn their usage time of GaG

• Yes I have cut way back on the amount of time I spend here this summer.

• It was terrible slow two weeks ago but I think it is off the wall at the moment but I think it is because I am mainly in the Other topic and the conferate flag/ gay marriage has other topic hopping.

• I have been noticing that from time to time

• I agree. I stopped coming in for a few months and just got back and I don't see the same volume of questions I used to see.

• Volume or quality is what I was thinking

• Quality has gone up actually for me, I find more questions interesting than I used to a few months ago.

• I have noticed it myself , I get no where near as many responses now. I may look at scaling back a bit but remain active for mod duties.

• I blame the loss of use on the raising of the amount of xper for a 20 dollar gift card. Now we all know that 90% of us are never going to get one.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here

• I could think of a lot of easier ways to get $20 even before the raised the amount of points needed.

• No it's not only you the traffic has slowed down and people are not willing to give helpful opinions on the questions which really require some attention. This month has sucked bad.

• Its been slow for the last month

• It's what I was thinking but I haven't been on much myself being busy with work & all.

• I've noticed it too. I would usually get sometimes 20+ responses in about a minute but now I barley get 5.
    A lot of active members have left which is probably one reason why.

• It could also be because of the time of year.

• The time of year may have something to do with it. But I have noticed many big time users have inactive accounts.

• Pride will have a fall.

• I'm gay and got married and also Gag made it almost impossible to get cool stuff. Also many of the users I liked left or barely come on. I have logged on maybe 3 times in the last month. I don't like any of the changes either the last 2 years so...

• Yeah but it's not too slow.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah. Unless you post something crazy inflammatory, you get next to no responses.

• i haven't noticed... but then again, i'm not here that often
    but i have noticed 'big names' posting less often though, if that's what you mean

• Yes many of the more prolific GAGGERS have either slowed or left completely it would seem.

• It does appear at times that the lights are stuck on red!

• I think it has too but I thought it was just me lol

• It seems to slow down after every update