About Moderators?

So, I have just found out that I have reached Xper level 6, which is good :)
I got an email from GAG saying:
"You’re knowledgeable, dedicated, and you know the rules. Your GirlsAskGuys experience qualifies you to apply for moderator status."

So, I have some questions about this.
Mods, how often do you use your power over opinions/questions?
Do you feel like you have responsibility?
Does anything happen if you don't do your job?
Can you lose your moderator status? If so, how?
Feel free to add anything you think might be informative :D

Honestly, looking at the questions I've asked, I don't think I deserve it. But I'd like to do somehting to keep this site how it is, even if it is only a small thing.

Thanks for any replies

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• I was Asked through a Message from GAG a year ago, @Doffydood about being a moderator. However, I thought I was going to have to be hooked at that hip here, dear, and I politely declined because with doing what I do right now, I feel more comfy with no strings attached.
    Good luck. xx

• Being a moderator is pretty easy.
    If you're a active user... you don't really consider it a job.
    Since you're spending most of your time on this site anyway, you're bound to see things that need to be removed (so there's no real hassle at all).

You can lose your moderator status if you do not fulfill the requirements (moving X amount of posts per month).
    You can also lose your status if you become a active member.

• Congratulations... 😊... We need role models for the out of control peeps (of your sge)

• Thanks :D I've never really seen myself as a role model before. I guess I could be for some, but I don't like to think about that for some reason :P

• it's not hard at all and you seem to have the makings of a great mod ☆ 頑張れ ♪

• Do it. It's a good thing! You can keep us all in line and clean up the site a little

What Guys Said 7

• It's not really a power thing it's more about removing things you would report anyway. So doing it is really anything different except the items you report get removed from the site until the admin has a chance to decide if it should be permanently removed.

If you don't do your job of removing or reporting so many posts a month you can lose your status.

I don't think it is that hard. Sometimes there are things that are borderline and not sure if you should remove. Before I do that in those cases I just check with an admin before removing it. I think it's important to keep in good contact with the admins on the site to make sure to keep things uniform on the site.

• Yes if you choose to accept their offer and can be unbiased then you canandwouldbe benifical to the site. Feel free to message me if I can help

• I was happy when I got moderator but now I am not so sure - I am losing faith in the moderation system, I am seriously thinking of resigning my moderator status.

• What is making you lose faith in the system?

• I have already resigned my status - There is stuff getting removed that I think should stay and stuff getting through that is off - They are more concerned with reputation of site than actual standards.

• Mods, how often do you use your power over opinions/questions? not often

Do you feel like you have responsibility? i do, yes

Does anything happen if you don't do your job? you may be removed from your position, but its not demanding

Can you lose your moderator status? If so, how? yeah for being inactive and not removing enough stuff. But once you're a mod, its rare to actually be booted from the position unless you want to be

• i want u as a mod bro... u should've made a poll bout this if we agree or not for u to b a mod :)

• It's fairly easy dude

• Great now <18 are gonna dictate us what to do and what not with their biased prey

• Yeah... um... as a matter of fact, I don't think of myself as biased. Anyway, there are plenty of people who are under 18 here that have lots of good stuff to say!