Should GAG get rid of "thumbing down"?

That way people who disagree with something will have to actually rebuttal instead of going "Wah! I'm a pussy and I don't like what you said, I don't have any good arguments so I'll just downvote you"

Most Helpful Girl

• i agree...
    and then they pick the answer they liked best for mho even if it's not helpful, just what they wanted to hear.

• Nothing you can do to mitigate that unfortunately...

• true.

What Girls Said 10

• Nah, I like them. Besides, if it's already a popular opinion with lots of comments already posted, there are only so many things you can say to agree/disagree with someone. Sometimes a simple downvote is all that is needed. I wouldn't mind it being like facebook though so you can see who did it!

• Maybe before you can down vote you have to leave a comment. Although that would cause a lot of nonsense comments and make things worse. I say just leave it alone. If people don't like my comments, I'll notice but I'm not going to stew over it.

• I never downvote, and i'm indifferent towards what other people think of my opinions. Someone disagreeing with my opinion will never change my mind, so it's futile to try to alter my thoughts. I never argue or downvote just because i don't agree with someone elses opinion.

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. some are more vocal about it while others are shy.
    Why expose the shy people?

• Nope, I like downvotes

• I just ignore them or block them

• Yeah, I know you do.

• Okay, just when someone offers a counterargument to your views block them and continue to play bubble trouble, "Heyyyy, I'm a slavery to my own ignorance and Christianity, but I got Bubble Trouble! Yep... my favorite game, Bubble Trouble, just sit here and play Bubble Trouble and slowly wither away"

• Lol, now I see why Christians hate atheists. The ad hominence. It's got nothing to do with a disbelief in a god. Grow the hell up and stop calling other people's beliefs stupid.

• Nah but I think we should be able to see who down votes and up votes

• Yes I agree with you :)
    Contact the admins and tell them that. Sometimes an opinion doesn't deserve any downvotes and it gets several downvotes :/

• No, it should stay.

• No, I love them.
    Downvotes get me so hard

What Guys Said 16

• If they get rid of downvotes then they should do the same for upvotes.

• I kind of started to think that it's a good idea because I'm targeted :(
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1565364-am-i-being-trolled

• I thought about it, and I've come to the conclusion I really don't fucking care lol. no disrespect.

• eh leave it be. Removing downvotes isn't going to spur people into leaving a comment instead. The reason why people dont comment is because they don't want any drama, so a downvote is used instead.

• No, i like the system. It also uses your most upvoted comment as a quote on your profile. They can't really get rid of downvotes without getting rid of upvotes, and without upvotes, we wouldn't get the quote thing on our profile.

But i do think they should find a way to see who upvoted and who downvoted.

• I like the up and down voting

• NOO!!! I wanna know how many people I offended just so I can come back and post "lol at the downvotes" or something like that to piss em off even more :D

• No way bro

• No, let's not pamper the Internet even further, shall we? A few popular up/down comment systems already made the downvote useless and it's pretty stupid.

• I wouldn't mind losing it, but it doesn't make much difference anyway.

• No, it allows you to tell people what they said was stupid without starting a fight

• No, it's actually quite satisfying to see that I've challenged someone's views in numbers.

• Yeah, I suppose that could make sense.

• Nah, they should keep it.

• No bruh no downvotes no partys we need haters the game will be boring if we dont have any haters

• It's a great idea.