Do you think the GAG questions are biased?

Do you think that the questions asked on this site accurately represent the situation? Or do you feel like the person may be leaving out vital information? No one is perfect and sometimes we may do things to push people away or cause uncomfortable situations. Do you think that because this side of the story is normally left out, inaccurate advice is given in some cases?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this happens often and you can tell by how a person reacts when they tell you something like "don't judge me you don't know the whole story". As you read the comments and opinions and people give their answers you realize they left parts out and they reveal it with ifs, and, or buts every time someone answers. It's quite annoying I think they do it on purpose but its pointless if you really want an honest answer then it helps us to have important details. They tell certain parts to see if they can get more answers of validation or to prove someone wrong who they may be in conflict with which mainly happens with relationship questions.

What Guys Said 8

• I honestly feel that most users are only asking questions looking for answers they want to hear. The mho feature is a huge indicator of this.

• Oh yes, definitely. I'm sure lots of people cherry pick which information to include in their questions.

Despite that, I still just try to give the best advice I can based off of what I've been given.

• There's always 2 sides to every story. And it wouldn't surprise me much if both people were posting here at the same time and we didn't realize it. Doubtless some information gets left out along the way. Whether it's intentional or not, we don't know. All we can do is offer the best advice on what's given, and sometimes tease out more of the story. I've even become friends with some of the posters.

• Aww I like that a lot that you have been able to make friends on here. One thing I never thought about was the fact that it's quite possible two people are posting about the same situation, only a different side of it. Thank you for pointing that out for me.

• lol definitely didn't notice the age difference xD but I'd agree that once the awkwardness was gone, it'd be easier to talk lol.

• I act younger than I am, and I like younger things, like anime and alt rock. But don't get me wrong; I'm still mature. I'm a professor, but that's work. Normally I'm just a goofball. I'll talk to anyone, I don't discriminate. *extends paw* I'm Scott. Nice to meet you. :)

• Oh definitely we are gettting the FOX news version of facts.

• Everyone has some personal bias but yeah some Askers don't want advice they just want someone to pat them on the back and agree with them.

• i'm nogt bothered. people can post as they please, and it's not my concern.

• I feel that personal questions are extremely biased.

• No, but I think the best answers selected are

What Girls Said 7

• YESSSSSS. It takes a very mature, humble type of person to willingly be vulnerable enough to actually give the full facts even when they make them look or sound bad. A lot of people probably leave out vital information because they may have been really emotional and distressed when creating the post or because they can't handle holding themselves accountable for a part they may have played in their own mess. So you are spot on when you suggest that inaccurate advice may be given!

• I'll be honest, I'm an emotional person so it took me a few posts to realize that I wasn't getting the advice I NEEDED, but the advice I WANTED. Now I tend to wait a day or so after the situation has happened so I can calmly and rationally ask the question in the best way possible. That's mostly why I thought to see if anyone else posted like I used to.

• @Asker and ya know, that's okay. For whatever reason or past occurrence that I'm not aware of, you're not at a point where you are comfortable doing that. We have to be gracious and patient with ourselves and try to honor where we're at on the timeline of our lives. I'm getting the vibe that you'll grow out of that trait sooner or later

• I really hope that I do, openness is one of the key factors in ANY type of relationship. Openness is apart of trust and having a true connection with a person.

• A lot of questions are biased. Sometimes the posters will step back and say okay well here's a set of articles or studies and other times they'll be like OMG Rawr rawr raw. One type of post is more desirable than the other.

• Given that most people are biased about the situations in their lives, yes, the questions posted to here are definitely biased.

• Every story is one sided. Everything is biased. This isn't just for this site, everything is biased if you hear one side

• Yes. I often mention to the question asker that I can give them an answer based on what they wrote but I believe there is more to the story then what you originally wrote. They normally respond and give me more information so I can give correct advice.

• I think it's great that people are willing to offer more information when you ask.

• The questions asked here are okay but honesty is rarely received well.

• sometimes!