Why are people still on GAG if they joined years ago?

I noticed in some people's profiles that they've been members since like 2009, who stays on a dating advice website for 6 years? You'd think once you got the advice you needed (asked guys/girls, etc.) that you would no longer need this site for help lol. I joined because i'm bored as hell but i don't see myself still commenting here years from now that's just crazy. I guess this site is addicting to some.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people like me joined when I was younger and didn't really hang out too much on the site. As I got older I gradually started coming on intermittently. This was at a time when most GAG users still made sense with real questions and actual answers. From there I really wanted to level up to becoming a guru and I actually like answering some of people's questions. I enjoy reading some people's experiences. Now leveling up is a little harder now since they changed the way you earn points on the site last year/year ago. Not to mention there's more trolls, children, and just annoyingly irresponsible borderline stupid people in general that frequent the site. But I'm pretty close to Guru so I'll hang on till I get there make a few posts and most likely say my siyonara to GAG.

What Guys Said 22

• It's not just dating advice, you can ask anything, and also have some fun. Also, if you get bored, you can just stop coming here, no need to delete the account, that way, whenever you feel the need to ask something, or just help other people, you can come back.

• Really? Wot's so bad bout it? Y u should leave this site? I plan 2 stay till 2030 i wanna b a veteran hahhahahh.. not so fool to leave

• I joined here in 2013 and i still consider myself a newbie... so accordin to u when i was supposed 2 leave?

• It has its merits sometimes. Some people write witty responses, and I find that entertaining.

Source: been here since 2010 (with some breaks here and there)
    Note : never been as active as @klaatu51

• Bro i wish i was here from da start but thanks 2 my shitty head i joined in 2013... i still feel a fuckin newbie :(

• You said it. It's addictive but also fun

• Because your a level 1-3 and don't know anything about this site there are rewards you can get on here.

• People come and go, take breaks.

• Well it's not only a dating advise site. Also some people like helping other people and debating on this site, so yeah it's cool that we have some people who have been here for years. But I do not see myself on this site for that long. I'll leave after achieving the Guru status I guess.

• it´s not a "dating advice" site. it´s a community and it´s interesting. besides i´m still single so it didn´t help me all that well :P

• It's an addictive site. Besides, I don't picture myself here in a couple of years; I get bored way more easily than that.

• I just don't feel like leaving, k? :P

• It's the same with the usage of internet.

• This isn't a dating site.
    It's a website for all kinds of advice on life etc .

• Who said this was a dating advice site?

• Gag is addictive!!

• It's not just a dating advice website
    And it is addicting :)

• for some its just for fun. but then nice to see you reckon everybody has to share your motivatioins.

• Some people don't have much of a social life, especially the regulars.

• The active users have no life obviously so they are here.

• yea so what? its not just about dating young people so narrow minded and think they know it all just shush and let the grown ups converse

• Probably because it's a (from what I've seen) friendly community and you can't say people only need advice for one thing. Problems can occur anytime in life and this is a good outlet to express yourself

• I get what you mean but theyre not active the entire time.

• The problem I have is that people sign on, do their thing, then forget that have one, and never sign out (remove their profile). It takes up space. I think GAG should remove profiles after a certain amount of time. It's really annoying

What Girls Said 11

• I've been a member for 5 years. That doesn't mean I've been on here constantly for the past 5 years. I've left for long periods of time, then gotten bored one day and came back for awhile, etc.

I don't think I've ever asked for advice on this site. I enjoy giving advice and I enjoy discussing various topics that come up here.

• I come on just to see the questions and answer some.
    Plus, I have questions all the time, so I can post whenever I want and see results quick instead of searching for yahoo answers that only apply to half of my situation.

• GAG is kinda addicting

• My first account I had here was from 2009, but it's gone now.
    Came back in 2012 because I needed advice and now I just stay because it's fun.

• OMG... but weren't u 14 then?

• @klaatu51 i dunno, but when i found it in 2008 it was something along the lines of 'Have a crush on a girl, what should i do?' ;D

• @toad-1 ok when time machines will b invented i'll keep this in mind thanks

• it's a fun site, you meet great people and yes it is addictive. I only have 10 months here!

• It's addicting. I was actually googling for advice when I found this site. A user posted a question I was actually looking for answer to and a bunch of users were attacking her for asking it. So I created an account to defend her and I've been here since. :/

• Because it's not all bout getting advice. Some people enjoy giving advice as well. And as long as people are joining and continuing to ask for advice, then people will continue to stay and give it to them.

That and it's really addictive 😜

• because they are selfless.. and want to help others too..

• GAG is pretty addicting and i dont think Its only a dating advice site, people ask about anything that pop ups in their mind

• This site is not only about dating advice. There is so much more to it.

• If you're on here for a while you get special prizes right?