Why do people here get offended at others speaking their mind?

if people post, others are free to comment how they please... if this reality irks people, why even post here?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't you ever get offended when other people speak their mind?

• no, i don't.

• I agree but then why would you claim that you don't get offended while it's clearly obvious that you do?

• i don't. but then people contradict, get with it.

What Girls Said 9

• Because a lot of people when discussing an issue look for like minded people. So when they receive comments that don't fit with their own idea about the situation they can't take it.

• Cause sometimes the answers are not even related to the questions in some way that it sounds offending.

• There's bitter people in this reality we have to live/deal with. That's just life.

• I don't know. I want people to be as honest as possible when answering my questions.

• Because people are retarded and don't know how to ignore others

• Because they just offended and really sad

• I'm not offended are you?

• I've only taken offense to 2 replies I've ever gotten. Most of the time, I appreciate others honesty, and even if we have differing opinions that is alright. It's their opinion. But saying in all caps that "I hope you die, bitch"... yeah I'd take that personally.

• I think people only take offense when. others deliberately target them. I have had a stalker for a long time. He/ she jumps on my opinions to belittle everthing i say.

What Guys Said 11

• Well there are two types of people the first type is those that are respectful and having an opinion and that type of person is entitled to and then there is the people that abuse that right and are simply strait out rude and offensive which is not acceptable.

• Because everyone expects you to post in a humble/boring manner on GAG. So if and when someone tells it how it really is/floats their own boat for even a moment... what do ya know, everyone has a problem with them #IveSeenItHappenWayToOftenOnHere

• People don't like to have the logical flaws in their opinions and beliefs pointed out because it shows just how full of shit they are and that they don't care that they're full of shit.

• human beings aren't logical... this is elementary, duh..

• Nobody is trying to really figure out how life should be. They're just interested in exploiting the fuck out of the metagame that it's already created. They just want to win and the consequences be damned

• Is it wrong that I often feel like other people are closer to wild, slobbering animals than myself because of that? Because that's what my god complex is based on. Didn't have this when other people were better than me. Woke up one day and everyone has been behind me since then, and I'm really just disappointed in all of them.

• That's the way it has always been; people are easily offended

• yes, becaiuse you most likely got some power from saying this... ok, that was funny.

• Wohoo I got some super power saying that. That's awesome

• yep, because its your motivation for posting... haha... sorry, but if you choose to be hostile, its how it is. haha..

• This is a pretty self-explanatory question, lol.

Not everyone wants to hear the truth, or hear a truthful opinion. They'd rather have people suck up to them and pander to their interests. It's ego and selfishness; It's common of internet people.

• Mostly thin skinned immature people with low self esteem. But sometime the utter stupidity of some opinions brings out the worst in even the best of us!

• Same in real life. Talk something they find offensive and they would get offended.

• They shouldn't. This is a site where you express your opinion.

• exactly same pinch if you dont want others opinion why even post here?

• If your not politically liberal people won't like your opinions.

• Yeah i dont know.