Can we get the age function back on for anonymous users?

Quite frankly it would make answering questions a bit easier if you know the person's age. It lets you know their maturity level/ an estimate of their social skills. We all know that relationships are different in your twenties and thirties than in your teens and so is dating in general. For an example when anonymous teens are asking for date ideas I would like to provide a more suitable answer than "go to a bar, etc." Also its really awkward on the sexuality section not knowing the person's age at all. Sometimes I have an idea of their age due to wording but quite frankly sometimes I don't know whether I'm giving sex advice to really young teens or a really naive adult.

Most Helpful Guy

• Having accurate age in anon posts is not suitable for privacy. That's why the age range has been reinstated after being asked by a lot of users.

No matter the user is 13 or 17, it is advised to keep the sexually explicit details and content away from them. It is against the site rules.

However, I don't think it would be "that" hard in case of dating advice.

What Guys Said 8

• Can't remember the last time I used anonymous. But if I were to do it and my age was given, would you have a single bit of trouble figuring it was me? there is a good reason for using the age range rather than exact age.

• Yes, you're right, min owing yhecexactcagecwould be a big help

• I think the age range is too protect the anon if the exact age was put you might have an idea if who it was especially in my age range I would know straight away who it was.

• The age range is usually enough of a pinpointing for those types of answers... well at least to me it is.

• People lie about their age all the time though regardless whether they are anons or not. In any case, I do agree with you

• I totally agree with you.

• Yes. I agree. Though I wasn't aware they removed in until now. :/

• How about, no

What Girls Said 8

• There are some teens here who masquerade as a thirty something year old and then there are fifty something peoople who pretend to be 18-25. Can't get the age right.

• I think that would be harder, as some users age are "incorrect" wink wink nudge nudge. But they can impose by being someone of a certain age when truly they could be twelve.

• Hear hear! 👍🏻🍻

• No because then it's less anonymous.

• i think it gives an age range

• It gives a range, like 20-24

• I don't think age matters. In my mind, most people lied about it

• Not everyone has the same maturity level. So no it should remain under 18. People judge on here. You could miss out on an MHO just because you're young.