Do you believe we should get more Xper only from MHOs but no Xper from any opinion we post?

But I mean sth like 50 Xper/MHO and not 5 Xper/MHO (only manually-selected MHOs count of course), and 0 Xper if u post an opinion. Also 0 Xper if u post a question.

Kinda makes sense imo…. since Xper should’ve gotta do wid success mostly, instead of activity, since u earn awards coz of it.

Wot do u believe?

• agree
  • disagree
this would b beneficial for GAG as well i believe, since they would save more points given on opinions

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds very logical :)
    Fair enough, xper should be earned for being helpful and not only on how much gag activity a member does.

• thank god, some1 who understands me :)

• Well I think it's about 50/50.

Maybe they can invent a new method for MHO selection. I don't know what they could do though.

• @cincinnatiredfan most votes then...

What Girls Said 13

• I think the site would be more profitable if they reward people for activity as well. What's the motivation to post anything if there's no reward?

• How about the reward of helping someone? I have never used any of my points for anything and I don't even know how many I have. I think the best answers come from people who are looking to help others, not to gain points.

• if they were creatin multiple accounts then all of em would go banned obviously

• It would be difficult to find out though. It's hard now and I can only imagine it would be more difficult if there were more of them

• Do you know how much harder it would be for people to gain points then? Some people really like getting the Amazon gift cards (ME!!!).

You can answer a bunch of questions and get past 50 while rarely getting a MHO. It would be detrimental.

• Yeah but personally i feel like... is it really a success 2 have an opinion posted? Seems points equalize activity here, not success

• I'm assuming the people who saw the polls and voted were those who were OUTSIDE the realm of getting prizes anyway. I mean if you're not in America/Canada you can't get a T-Shirt or the gift card.

Yes, most sites don't have that... but most sites are fun. GaG used to be fun for me, but it seems repetitive now. The same topics over and over with nothing new added.

• Actually u can get those cards no matter where r u from... i dunno bout friday's card but amazon works for every part of da world. T-shirts might work only for america but most people don't care much bout t-shirts from wot i've seen

• Yes, but then there'd just be spam all over the place like, "ya, agree." "lolz no you should not haha."

• Agree -hi5-

• Well, the part where your question said 50 points for MH, I agree. I think it is worth it. But, the users should be given the points for actively participating and giving opinions. Because even if the user doesn't get the MH, he\she still wins cuz, there are some points. So, partly i agree.

• dat would b even more points for GAG, which means loss of money. GAG's a business.

• They already have business deals with companies like amazon and stuff. I don't think that it is much of a loss for GAG

• No. That's a terrible idea.

• nope! that would be too hard :O !

• Meh not a fan of the idea. I feel like I'd be more competitive with my opinions you know? I still think we should get more MHO points though.

• so less money for GAG...

• I agree but that is kind of hard. I'm a lazy bum and rather get exp for activity, lol.

• I say we get one for posting an opinion, three for a question, one per upvote on our opinion, and a 20-50 for a mho, depending on how many opinions there were in total.

• 3 for question? LOL... hell naw.
      i ask stupid questions like bout poo and toilets... do those questions deserve any point?

• Quiestions in other get 1exp

• fair :p

• I believe what you believe

• I foresee people exploiting that feature.

• No, because then how are we going to get our gift cards

• so u r here for those rewards? if that's so i could help since i've got some unredeemed points, but i can redeem every month for 2 rewards only, and i promised to other people here be4 u :(

but still i disagree wid people being here only for rewards :|

What Guys Said 13

• Most of the MHOs are given long before many people have even see the question, let alone answered. So I think most of the MHOs given here are not for the best answer. If MHO is already awarded, many people will not even read the question but will move on, which might not be so bad. But still, the answers you have for MHO are usually not the best ones posted.

• This is a good discussion. We are looking into increasing the value of MHOs soon and re-evaluate Xper system. I'm following this question.

• didn't x-pect it... but if this comin from an admin himself... i'm speechless (in a good way) :)

thanks... although a simple "thanks" isn't enough :)

• Yeah, they should give xpers on each number of upvote, but no deductions on downvote and high points on MHO.

Xpers on opinions counts are not a good way of measure.

Even i being grumpy and lousy advisor is gaining xpers, even when i curse them xD.

But for that, they must make achieving levels easier than they are now.

• "master" and "guru" levels should b separated from da Xper points in my opinion

• x-actly. becomin a guru's really-really easy if u have lots of free-time AND u don't mind destroyin yer rep, as a user. this way some1 can become a guru really quick

• Yeah exactly. That's the point!

• I wouldn't put too much emphasis on MHOs because I think only about 10% of my MHOs are justified at the moment Not given an xper for an opinion is weird people wouldn't answer question unless they feel they might get a MHO or upvote - How many questions do I answer that I have a chance of MHO maybe 20 that means I won't bother answering the other 280 that I do answer. I will shy away from giving an opinion that will be downvoted.

• Not. weird... in most sites actually u get no points when u post yer opinion

• so? if people stop postin here coz prizes went up, then it means they don't really care bout GAG... people who care, would stay here even if all awards were abolished

• Possibly after the uproar after the changes it returned to normal - There was an adjustment period - You are correct to a large extent in your analysis but I think the point encourages more posts - For example I think with the 15 min point gone people don't hang around the recent feed as much I hardly ever go there, I actually enjoy it the way it is now but the changes do tend to change the dynamics of the site

• That's be tough dude.

• nah i wouldn't want that. MHO is largely given to people who tell the opinion owner what they want to hear... which isn't necessarily what they need to hear. Making MHO's worth that much will only push people to suck up to the QA in times when they shouldn't be

• Man that would take forever to accumulate xp points then lol.

• Again i believe points should equalize success not activity

• u mean a master in martial arts? that's good.
      so wot i'd consider unfair's this... i ask a question bout POO, and get 1 point for askin and another 2 points for selectin MHO. some1 who gives a constructive opinion on a question gets +1 for his/her opinion and +5 for MHO...6 in total. u get my point i guess... who worths more points?

i like askin those questions bout poo, toilets and stuff like dat, just 4 fun, but gettin points for it is really shitty (sic)... so that's y after some point i decided 2 give my cards 2 other people here, instead... they deserve it more.

and i got lots of points unredeemed coz i can redem only for 2 awards/month :(

• Lol no a master oil painter and then I'll move onto traditional Chinese and Japanese art

And I see, I suppose what's fair depends on your point of view -shrugs-

• I disagree for 2 reasons:
    1) Interaction is important on GAG and if giving opinion is not rewarded there will be less interaction.
    2) Good change some people will constantly give each other MH's to gain a massive number of points :o

• 1) so people here post opinions only for da rewards? i don't think so... sure there r some, but those who truly care bout GAG don't care bout rewards much.
      2) even so dat would b beneficial for GAG. GAG's a business and cannot give points here n there. GAG spends way more points on opinions given here, than MHOs. So savin all those points for given MHOs would b both beneficial for GAG, and people who go there for da points and only would lose interest

• Thanks 4 yer opinion... i believe this question needs a part II

• Yeah probably... we won't solve it with a Grexit... there are better solutions haha 8)

• That's a terrible idea bro

• y?

.

• so they have to rely more on givin constructive advice so they would get their points ;)

• That wouldn't help it and that would drive a lot more people away giving a less diversity of advice given.

• I think that we should earn more for MHO

• No way jose

• GAG will lose users quickly.

• That would be hard to get xper.