Is slapping yourself considered self harm?

i dont cut since im too weak for that and I've only done it once. whenever i get at the breaking point when i'm ready to end it i dont, i just keep hitting and scartching myself, but that's only when i get badly upset. otherwise i'm usually always happy and outgoing nd stuff, no one can ever tell i get upset too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I think it is

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe not self harm as most people would tend to think it is, however, slapping yourself shouldn't be something u need to do if upset. Learn another coping technique and stop soaping yourself. Save slapping for a guy that pisses u off lol

• Absolutely

• I slap myself in the face to stay awake when I barely had any sleep the night before. I guess I'm a masochist :/

But no seriously, you should monitor and correct your mental-physical reactions when getting upset.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes it is.

• yes hence the term self harm, slapping yourself or hurting yourself on purpose in anyway is considered self harm

• Yes, you're hurting yourself.