Girls, Too much pressure?

Girls do you feel the pictures of models , magazines & tv make you feel there is more pressure on you to look sexy and glamourous all the time potentially making you take health risks to achieve it.

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Once they told us in health class how they are all photoshopped I began to not care because it's all fake anyway. It's girls I see in real life that make me insecure, but then when I start talking to them I find out that they were envious of the way I look! Then we just end up complimenting each other and making friends, girls are just great.

What Girls Said 14

• To me? Nope not at all, I hate make up, I don't care about being skinny so nothing bothers me. I just hate how some girls will compare themselves to them and will think they are fat even though they aren't. I heard this 11 year old calling herself fat and she was really skinny, for once they should show models that aren't super skinny showing women with meat on their bones might help girls think that you don't have to be skinny and just because you don't have thigh gaps does not mean you are fat

• It's not the magazines so much because we all know it's not real. It's the comments online from guys drooling over those pictures that make me insecure, because the message is clear, right? They don't understand it's not real and they DO expect girls to look like that. And a lot of the comments kinda imply that looks are all that matter which makes me sad and give up on men

• that's really sad to hear about you feeling that way but I can understand it.

I suspect there is someone out there that's perfect for you and I bet he's in the last place you expect don't give up we are out there we are just a little harder to catch😊

• I think so. I mean I never wanted to look like the models in magazines, but I always liked the athletic and toned look. It wasn't until I was working out for 2+ years that I learned even athletes are photoshop'd and don't even look like what they are pictured.

I guess the same can be said for men. I mean all those calvin klein images are photoshop'd too.

• Not so much models bc ik there are other desirable body types out there but when it comes to other things like having a pretty face I feel like I need to be as made up as most celebrities are or whoever everyone finds "hot". Most people say they don't like makeup but I feel like all the "hot girls" are the ones who wear excessive makeup. So yeah I do feel pressured sometimes to change up my looks a little to look attractive.

• No. I do not think those pictures are all real.
    And I know though they are taller than me , slimmer than me. Gorgeous face etc. But I am still more real than them. And I have so much to offer rather than just a pretty face.

• To look glamorous, yes. To take health risks, no. It also depends. Lets say a girl is in love with celebs like adam levine and leonardo di caprio. They know they won't have a chance with them unless their a victorias secret or super model.

• Nope because majority of the pictures you see are photoshopped.

• They don't because I don't like at pictures or magazines like that. But I think for the majority of women who do, it has a huge impact on their body image and security.

• It definitely used to. I still feel a bit insecure when I see picture of models in the media (even if I know there's photoshop, and that all guys don't have the same tastes in women), but it was far worse when I was young and had absolutely zero self confidence.

• Nope. I don't want to look like that. "Sexy" isn't my thing.

• For me no. But I do think for a lot of teenage girls yes. It's sad.

• All the time. It's honestly horrible

• I honestly don't give a fu**, but then there a other women around me who are being very judgmental because of this

• i dont care about them.