How to get my sister to leave GAG?

So, my sister made a GAG account 2 days ago, and I'm veeeeeeery unhappy about that. I mean, I feel like my GAG life is kinda ruined.😞 Now I have to be more careful about what I say, there are things I don't feel comfortable talking about with her here, it's embarrasing and shit like that. I've been feeling so uneasy ever since she got here. Plus, she's only here for the Amazon gift card.😑 She already stalked my profile a bit, eh, and judged me for some things I've said.
How do I make her go away? What can I do to make her leave? Please, I need serious suggestions!!!😢 This is a major problem for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hahahaha I'm so glad I found this question, but I'll be serious here. It's going to be hard to get her to leave. And telling her to leave (as a sibling) is going to make her want to stay even more.

Generic tips and options for dealing with a sister on GAG:
    1.) For the really bad answers where you know you just said something really sketchy, maybe sexually suggestive, I'd suggest you go anon.
    2.) Block her. If you are really worried about it, make your account private and answer questions when she isn't on. That way she'll probably never see any of your embarrassing answers, unless she is checking out the dirty embarrassing questions herself, in which case go to number 3.
    3.) If she is in it for an Amazon gift card like you mentioned, she is going to have to answer a LOT of questions. Considering the nature of GAG, I'm going to guess she isn't going to be answering just "What's my spirit animal?" or questions that don't require semi-dirty answers. Chances are she'll slip up somewhere and put a dirty answer or several on GAG. Sniff those answers out and then mention them to her. Since you both have embarrassing answers, you can create a stalemate. A truce of "I won't share your secrets if you won't share mine."
    4.) Completely ignore her. If she already completely stalked the crap out of your profile, chances are your answers now are going to be about as dirty as they were before. "What has seen cannot be unseen."
    5.) Tell her IRL how you are trying to help out people, and how if she blabs about your answers, tell her you will be angry / never forgive her/ be very disappointed in her, etc. If she is the "understanding-sister" type, she may agree and keep your answers secret. She may know (which will suck), but it is better than everyone else knowing too.

How to get her off GAG.
    My nerdy calculations. 7000 points for giftcard. You get 120 (right?) points at the start. Each opinion is one point. Each MHO is 5. At best, assuming she gets 100% MHO, she will have to answer 1,146 questions. With reasonable effort, I've answered 508 in two months. So over 2 months over effort and getting MHO on everything.
    With your MHO% (11%), she'd have to answer roughly 6250 questions. Divided by my opinion count, that'd be over a year of nonstop effort and hours on the computer. Double mine and that is still 6 months of work.

For what? A single $20 giftcard. If she asked for a measly $2 dollars from a person for a month, it'd be a faster process and would be easier.
    Not worth

• My math so people can check it...
      7000-120 = 6880 <— the given points to new member
      6880 * .11 = 756 <— MHO% question points
      6880 - 756 = 6124 <— Non MHO% question points

Six pointers : 756 / 6 = 126 (MHO 5 points + regular one point for answering question)
      Everything else : 6124 / 1 = 6124 (All other opinions are one point)

6124 + 126 = 6250 questions.
      I’ve done 508 in 2 months (let’s say 60 days)
      12.303 months or roughly over a year of reasonable effort.

For a single $20 gift card.

• Nah I doubt it. I totally bombed sequences, series, and multivariable calculus at my college lol. Granted, I wasn't the only one.
      And it's ok, your secret is safe with me hahaha xD

• Practically, 3-6 months for one $20 gift card. More like a slap in face who wants to earn money here and not help people.

Most Helpful Girl

• Te her you'll give her one of your gift cards if she leaves, which is a better deal because it will take her forever to get one on her own.

• I might do that! Thanks

What Guys Said 33

• What, my sister in law is here? Just block her, and then try telling asking her to leave cause it's a place you use to be yourself and enjoy it, since you don't really like living there, I mean, I feel like GAG for you is like some place you escape to feel at ease, am I right?
    I don't know how understandable she is and if she'll respect that, but if not, then just keep being yourself, don't change or stop using GAG cause of her.

by the way, I wasn't planning on meeting your family so soon, but if it has to be done, it has to be done xD

• Hhahhhahhah
      GAG is definitely a place like that for me <3
      And, nah, she's not gonna respect anything I may say to her, I know she's not gonna listen to me, she fucking hates me, and she loves to bother me :P :(

• Hmmm I don't know, I think she can't see anything in your profile. She would still see your comments if you comment on a post and she enters that post.
      I've been blocked by several people and all of them appear to have a private profile when I click on them, I don't know if it's coincidence or if it actually happens like that cause I'm blocked.

• Well, yeah, obviously.
      Okay, thanks! :)

• Simply block her or make another account that she is not aware of that is you.

• LOL, now to harrass you so she thinks you're in a relationship!

BHAHAHAHAHA

• Aww thats cute lol sounds like having your parent working at at your highschool while you're a student there. Um.. troll her with a different account til she leaves? Or ya could introduce her to Yahoo answers and hope she moves on there even though that's like throwing her into the jungle on her own.

• She has thick skin.
      LOL, what's she gonna do on YA? There's no prizes there, from what I know xD

• Oh yeah welp... tell her I said welcome to GAG :D lol

• Steal her phone, get on her account, and send hate mail to the admins 😈

Fastest way to get kicked 😂

• probably not gonna happen, I've never been able to hack her phone XD

• Oooooh wait i got it! Trick her by telling her "you will get automatic moderator status if you spam the admins, asking for moderator repeatedly". 😉

• hahahahhhhah
      she doesn't mind the creeps
      and she may be stupid, but not THAT stupid XD

• That has to be awkward. I would say you might have to anonymous often. You get to change your username one time through GaG so maybe change your username and take your pic off here then she won't know it's you

• I really don't wanna do that :(((((((

• @Frost_Byt3 I won't say they will be able to help you... but if you want to keep it the same just with a tweak of the spelling I would email them and see what they say. It won't hurt

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1577233-how-much-time-effort-is-required-to-make-20-or-equivalent-amount-in

Getting a gift card is not worth the effort.

Read my question, for those who are here for the gift card.

• It is worth the effort for her I guess :|

• If 1 xper is earned in 1 minute, then you need at least 117 hours of GaG activity for $20 gift card. This is the ideal example just for demonstration.

So if she spends 4 hours a day continuously earning xpers, it will take 117/4=30days to earn $20, that too under ideal conditions (1 xper in 1 minute, practically impossible).

The actual time to earn 1 xper will practicality be 'much more' than the ideal conditions i used for explanation, as PM and opinion comments don't give xpers.

• Tell her how much work it takes just to get a gift card. LOL

• I told her... I guess she'll just have to fully realize it herself.

• Oh I had noticed there was another chick from Latvia on here. Just tell her to find somewhere else to go.

• You are worried about her reading everything and yet you write a post about wanting to get her off the site?

• thats why its not recommended to put your real pic up
    I dont think there is anything you can do

• If she had any will to leave this site then I'm sure that she had lost it all after this question lol.

• Maybe she won't find this Q!

• Tough one but in fairness you are not that mad on site naybe if you say anything personal go anon.

• I still haven't been able to leave and I hate this place. Christ knows.

• Maybe you should just talk to her? You know, things like "its not your business what i say".
    And of course, a less rude solution is preferable. If you are feeling bothered about her then you should talk about this to her and not to us.

• She's not gonna listen, she's not that kinda sister.

• Is she the bossy type of sister?
      If she is, remember that she has no reason to be bossing you at all. She is not your mother. Its just in your head.
      In other words: Give her a nice "i do what i want I say what I want piss off".

• haha, yep, she is xD

• How did she find out you were on here?

• Well, she always knew I was always on some kind of forum.. then she found out the name.. at first I thought ''ok whatever'', but now I'm realizing how uncomfortable I am with this.

• Alright put her on. I'll give her a stern talking to.

• make her an offer that she cannot refuse

• but whaaaaat?

• Alright well once i figure out who she is, ill "persuade" her. :) i won't harm her... but the threat of harm is on the table.

• hahahaha okay XD

• why do you tell her your profile name in the first place?

• I'm not exactly invisible here

• Go anonymous from now on i guess? but i won't get to see your pretty face anymore :'(

• I don't wanna go anonymous much 😢 Takes away from the experience.

• After she gets enough creepy messages she'll leave

• Lol is she your older or younger sister?

• Kill her maybe

• yup, I could do that.
      she's sleeping, I could kill her in her sleep.

• Thanks for the tips!

• LMAO you're welcome

• You're just gonna have to torture her..

• I am now very curious who she is?

• Obviously I'm not gonna tag her, you can PM me if you really wanna know!

• LOL, you can block her.

• That won't solve the problem.

• Who is her? I will creep her out in a heartbeat! XD

• Just go up to her calmly and say:

"Listen bitch, I don't give a fuck what excuse you got, if you don't remove your account I will cut your face to fucking ribbons. Men will never want to love you, women will be too disgusted to look at you, your presence will give children nightmares.
    Delete that account or I will make you a fucking a fucking pariah!"

That usually works.

• what is her username ;)

• Ummmmmmmmmm anonymous

• I don't like being anonymous!

• Troll the fuck out of her. Tell all the guys to send creepy messages. That ought to do it

• She already got some creepy messages, she doesn't seem that bothered, she's just glad someone's talking to her XD

• Give her the gift card quickly then. Before she gets attached. Then there's nothing you can do. Don't give her name either. If she makes friends then it's another reason to stay

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 22

• Talk with her in person, asking her politely to leave, I mean at the end of the day you can't really control what she does on here, but you can tell her to leave her opinions about what you say to herself because if she wasn't on here it wouldn't be an issue.

• She's a rebel, she's not gonna listen to me if I ''politely ask her to leave'' :/

• Hahha, literally then buy her a gift card or give her yours like @linkywinky said, If she's only here for that then might as well just give her it!

• yep I guess

• Make a deal with her that if she agrees to leave, you'll give her one of your gift cards. Or, explain to her how freaking hard it is to earn 7k Xper points for the gift cards. My best friend's sister heard of us using GaG and that it has gift cards and she wanted it. So she created one GaG account but about two months later she canceled her account because it took her a lot of work to get one, and the creeps are sorta creepy to her. Maybe your sis would be terrified of the creeps and leave then?

I'm curious who she is tho. Curiosity kills the cat 😂

• I hope she realizes how hard it is and leaves.
      And nope, creeps won't bother her, she loves attention. :D
      I can pm you her username!

• Oh wow, I am sorry about that and I understand how much it sucks 😓
    Tell her that she needs to invest a lot of time on here to get a gift card.. seriously, I've been here for like 4.5 months, I'm a somewhat active user and I have 6.2k xper. I've never gotten a gift card or something.
    By the way, there are better websites/apps to earn gift cards. I forgot the name of it but there's this app where you get points for downloading free apps and in the end you can redeem them for gift cards!

• I told her, she thinks she's some kind of a superwoman who can do it fast :/

• Lol! 😩 I am sure she'll get bored of this site when she realizes she barely earned 1k xper in 1 month. I guess until then you have to use the anonymous-button more often.

• Yep, I guess so!

• I don't think you can make her go away. Stalk her back? Block her? Mess with her mind by answering things ridiculously for a while? Good luck!

• Mess with her mind? hmm so nice 😂😂

• I don't think any of that will make her leave :/ But thanks though!

• You can't make her do anything but you can go anon on questions and answers if you want. If she is only here for gift cards then she probably leave soon once she realizes the effort it takes to get one I'm not sure at what pace people go just to get a card but it's not worth it in my opinion. Knowing that this bothers you will entice her stay to try to figure out why. How old is she btw?

• Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for.. that she realizes that it takes a looooong time to get the gift card, and she gives up.

• Oh, and she's 15

• Maybe trolling can be exceptional in this case but you didn't hear it from me lol

• you can still block her and make your profile private

• Just tell her to post a couple of sexy pics and wait for random pervs to scare her lmao. Or you could just block her which sounds more reasonable xD

• haha, she'd probably do it and actually enjoy it, she's kind of an attention whore tbh
      If I just block her does it mean she won't be able to see my activities on my profile? Or do I have to set my profile private too?

• Yeah, they'd come up in the feed every now and then, but it's a lot more difficult, since there are so many active users.

@Watermelonoma What are you doing? Telling people I have connections with the mafia? Hahaha
      But yeah... we could do that...
      http://data1.whicdn.com/images/24401379/large.gif

*The next day Barbara's account got banned*

• Eh don't worry. I have my way of dealing with people who talk
      38.media.tumblr.com/...m3h561ZcRb1qdsug1o1_500.gif

• Set your profile to private and don't let her follow you, and don't follow her. You can also post anonymously if you want.

• That might be my only option :(

• get on her account, change her password, and block her completely out. XD

• Maybe ask some guy friends to creep her out? XD

• yes, that's her. thank you very much for not actually tagging her!!!

• yeah she started following me today, lol. So when I saw the country and then your question it made me wonder if it was her, lol.

• haha will she is gonna see this post isn't she? she'll probably take the hint

• I think I know who she is, haha :p She became one of my followers a few days ago. Anyways, since you feel uncomfortable with her being on gag, I suggest you set your profile as private & block her.

• Oh. How did she find out u were here?
    Nd u have a little sister? How cute

• Shit happens, that's how I guess XD

• don't make it fun for her and she might get bored

• Tell her it takes months for people to get enough points for the gift card.

• She knows, she believes she can do it faster : lmao

• I'm on here all the time and I'm barely above 8,000!

• Just block her :)

• That doesn't solve the problem, does it?

• Actually it does. sorry im so late at responding. um yeah if she's stalking your f*cking account and you're scared she'll see the stuff you post or say... if you block her she can't see any of that, wow magical right?

• there's nothing you can do, I feel the same. Sometimes I forget my mom has an account ;/

• buy her a gift card and in exchange ask her to leave.

• just post anonymously or create a new profile for private questions you don't want her to see

• Ohhhhhh so there's another MissNowhere? Huehuehue 😈

• you can't block her, you can't ignore her, rip gag

• Hide her computer charger

• Ugh, I would feel the same way if my sister made a Gag too! Glad she doesn't know I have one 😃 Try blocking her, or making your profile private.. Or find out her password, & delete it lol (but she can always make a new one.. So I don't know if that's a good idea) Or tell her how you feel about it..

• Wait don't tell her anything. Do it back to her. Or she will keep bugging you, if she knows it really bothers youth

• You *

• Yeah that's true. But yea everyone reacts differently. You're welcome! 😊