Do you find that your GAG experience is more peaceful and chill once you utilize the block feature?

I’m at a point in my life where I am completely unwilling and uninterested in putting up with even the slightest bit of drama or unnecessary nonsense if it’s not in relation to my loved ones or workplace. As a result, I have embraced the block feature as well as the general concept of blocking certain types of presences. Rather than patiently, willingly, kindly tolerating someone’s unbearable, antagonistic, dramatic self-presentation, it’s so much more useful to halt their access to my environment. Also this website has showed me that entitlement is my pet peeve. I can’t stand people coming up to me with an entitled tone, demanding that I share or give them my extended focus, time, energy, and innermost thoughts. As if it’s their right for me to cater to their internet desires of inquisition and/or debating. Embracing the concept that this world is more than big enough for ourselves and those we don’t care for and we don’t have to interact or even bypass each other has been one of my greatest choices thus far. It decreases so much annoyance, stress, and aggravation. I would have avoided a lot of wasted time and BS had my past self done this!

How about you? Do you feel like the chill, peaceful nature of your GAG experience improves when you simply block those who seem to disrupt it? Your thoughts on this concept?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• I haven't blocked anyone yet, as of right now I still don't feel the need too. besides the other people just block me first so its like the same shit hahaa.

• Then what're you doing in this site? That's like me playing the Witcher 3 as a devout Islamic Fundamentalist.

• ... I don't get your simile

• That's around 95% of the site though love :O

• Lol, I don't think so. I've encountered a lot more people here who are sincerely just trying to get some help and gain some honest insight.

• i haven't really blocked more than one person, but i have blocked certain topics because they often upset me

• That's interesting! Which topics?

• If you don't mind me asking, why do those sections bother you? If you do mind, you really don't have to answer my nosiness :P

• Well, i dont have to deal with penis questions
      i dont have to deal with "rape fantasy" questions
      How to give bj questions
      Would you do anal... etc

also many times people would attack me for my opinion for what they asked
      because i made them feel 'bad' about their decisions/thoughts

and its just gross

• I don't block

Why worry about any resentment. Especially when someone is a thousand miles away.

• My ignore instinct perfectly suffice my continued inner peace. I don't need the block feature.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that it is used more by people avoiding the discussion around an opinion. Someone will post an opinion but then be unwilling to support the point ot frame all of those dissenting as assaulting them, putting them down, being mean... all as a way of avoiding the discussion of their assertion.
    You yourself have used the block feature this way numerous times.
    I think it goes against the concept that GaG is based upon which is discussion of the issues.
    Most simply use the function to block dissenting views or a way to "get inthe last word". It is quite immature.

• Sweetheart, if you haven't actually taken the time to know me and you do not have the credentials of an educated, certified psychologist then save your time and effort failing to encompass the way my personality functions.

Some people just don't understand that not everyone comes here to argue. I suggest you revisit a dictionary and refresh your memory of the difference between a discussion, an argument, and a debate. They are intersecting terms which all have different meanings. I simply do not cater to those who have a pathetic, pointless, unproductive, e-hobby to be confrontational, argumentative, and call it a "debate". I don't owe any of you strangers my extended time to sit in front of a screen and explain myself in depth to appease your desires. There have been plenty of posts where I will have a discussion but if you talk to me a certain way, then don't expect shit from me.

• I can only assume that you are a 14 year old masquerading as an adult judging by your poor grammar and your lack of maturity. You would be better to simply use your correct age, but that is your choice. Feel free to write another three paragraphs. I dont think it will make any less of a point that that which you have already failed to make.

• Try finding a better hobby besides sitting around on GAG, cowardly trying and failing to tell people who they are and what they're about. It's very premature and "14" of you :) I guess you must be masquerading lol

• i totally agree.