Would you like the option of thumbs up or down for an opinion?

You can up vote or down vote a opinion, would you like that same option for comments under opinions?
I would :-)

• Yes, I would like to
  • No, that's silly

Most Helpful Guy

• I would like it if all down votes required a reason for their down vote. I don't want to dissuade people from down voting, I just want to know where they feel I am flawed in my opinion. Maybe flawed isn't the best word, but I want to be able to understand what they feel is wrong about it.

Explanation of up votes wouldn't really be necessary since it would typically be explaining what was already said. Unless they want to add something to it.

So I wouldn't mind up/down votes on comments under opinions, but I would like explanation of down votes.

I don't get very many either side of votes, but I'm always curious about my down ones.

What Guys Said 4

• that's gonna be a lot of tiny little colors lol

• Yes - I think that is good idea

• I think it's fine as it is honestly. The conversation threads that spring from someone responding to an opinion are only supposed to be within that particular thread, rather then taking up too much space.

• Agreed. It would just be nice to say, Hey I liked your comment, without adding more to the thread

• @Asker

Yeah I get it, but I dunno, it's not something I'm necessarily vying for.

Though who knows, GaG goes through so many cosmetic changes on a regular basis, maybe they'll see your question and implement it.

• Maybe they could get rid of half the ads while they are at it! lol thats a wish in the wind

• Good idea, I hope the admins take it on.

What Girls Said 7

• I think it would be nice but excessive.

• I don't thumb that much. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to offer it.

• No, I think that's a lot of needless code... They don't do anything so no, I don't think we need anymore.

• Isn't that something wr already have?

• We have it for the opinion that is posted but not for the comments on the opinion.

• Oh well that's pushing it...
      This isn't the bleeding facebook...

• Don't think I would ever use it.

• I don't know. People here down vote for ridiculous reasons

• that is true. I just know that sometime, I really like what a person comments but don't really need to write anything in words

• Yes, I'd like that.