Why do people bother asking questions, if they don't want an honest answer?

Anone else notice this? They ask a question, you give an accurate and honest answer along with several other people, but then they choose the one complete bullshit answer, that is innacurate, dishonest, but fits their reality.

I mean, if you don't like reality why bother asking? Just make up your own answer. That is what you are going to do anyway.

• Yea, I've noticed this a lot lately
  • Yea occasionally
  • No, not really
  • I'm one of those people.
To be clear, I am not talking about people being angry and cursing someone out just for asking a question. That is something different, please do not confuse it with what I am asking.

Most Helpful Guy

• they expect people to feed their ego

What Girls Said 9

• They are desperate for confirmation, and they truly believe they are right, so they're thinking EVERYONE must agree with him, only to realize he's wron... EVERY ONE IS LYING OMG ONLY THIS ONE KNOWS THE TRUTH. I'M TOTALLY IN MY RIGHT TO HATE XXX.

• What I have found Lately, is Asking for Advice and then leaving you hanging Without Voting or just talking to You, Still Not voting and they Continue the Convo until it ends up With... GAG making their final choice.
    Yes, this Happens as well, but on GAG, anything with anyone is possible here, dear.
    Good luck. xx

• Well they want answers that are similar to their point of view. I find this common when I answer questions people have about religion - if I say something that is true but unpleasant - I often get ignored in the crowd of positive liars who tell people what they want to hear.

• I completely agree with you (because I'm being completely honest) lol

I have noticed it a lot lately. They just aren't open to receiving answers to there questions, making them very narrow minded people. Users need to realise that when you come on GaG and want advice, that they should be open and respect what people have to say. Eh I don't care, curse at me, I'll curse them back. I got no time for narrow minded people.

• This happens a lot I think, and I guess they aren't really asking, they are looking for compliments and when they dont get them, they get upset

• they just ask.. hoping they are right.. thats all they want

• To be honest I don't really pay much attention to M H.

• Because they don't truly want a honest opinion. They just want to be reassured by strangers that their point of view is right.

• Yes why get mad if you ask a question and get an answer you don't like then oh well

What Guys Said 10

• they do it because they can. that's all I can say really. they just wanted validation for the time.

• You see that all the time here.
    Anyway, you already got a good answer.

• Oh please, I always welcome good answers, even if I already have some!

• They typically want reassurance of their opinions by hearing it repeated or they are small talking.

• I'm personally more concerned at the fucking abusive amounts of sex questions.

Just all the god damn time. Some of you people are so fucking single-minded, "please" just stop talking about fucking or something relating to fucking or opinions on appearance (which is just a roundabout way of saying "am I fuckable?")

I'd seriously be willing to answer anything, honestly or otherwise, if people weren't such liberal slime and could ask a variety of questions.

• Yea that's why I had to unfollow the "how do I look" and sexual categories. Especially all the "rate me" pics. I mean yea your gf/bf you should care how you look to them. But who gives a rat's ass about random idiots on the internet you will never meet?

• Because people love circle jerks and hate having their views and ideas challenged, even though that's the best way to grow. I blame our over PC, pussified, society that we are becoming. People's feelings now take priority of growth, logic, and reason. It's retarded.

• Well that is a bit of a stretch I mean you can be honest, and truthful, without resorting to personal attacks, or being obnoxious and insulting. I'm sure you aren't as most people aren't, but when people don't resort to the personal attacks etc., then Political Correctness really has no argument against you.

• But people only resort to personal attacks because they're precious feelings have been hurt and they refuse to use other people's arguments as a method of self reflecting, self examination, and self improvement. "NO, MY WAY IS RIGHT YOU SHIT!" That's the part paradox of overly-PC, pussified culture. It promotes defensiveness and sheltering over challenging yourself and hardening your resilience. You should be able to weather opposing ideas without breaking down into a screaming two year old, even if you come to the reasonable conclusion that those ideas are wrong. Young people now a days are almost incapable of that. They snap and yell at the first sign of something that challenges their rooted moral system, hence why they constantly seek external approval. They have to constantly prove to themselves that each temper tantrum is justified, rather than using challenge as a learning experience.

• depends. i't probably because you lke to swear at the time and such, and then get irate if they don't like it. and why get irate if some stranger doesn't appreciate your answer?

• Uh oh I said bullshit once. Are you going to tell teacher on me? That must mean I curse all the time. Because I said it once when venting. The fact that you try and assume, incorrectly, what I am and attack me personally leads me to believe you are one of those people who can't handle much of reality.

• Lol, I'm not "irate" you must be oversensitive, facetious, or simply need to work on your reading comprehension.

• OK, you have aspergers. you reckon people have to read your things, and not you others, and based on some weird points in your head? got it.

• I think it has been always there unfortunately

• i think hoping they will see it your side of the argument and when they don't then you have to go and try and figure out even harder why your right and they are wrong.

• To most people the best answer is the one that fits their preconceptions. It's true for princes and presidents as well as common folk. A lot of history is explained by this phenomenon.

• Yes but there is a difference between preconceptions and dogma. Everyone has preconceptions, its just so many seem to take them as dogma.

• Many people aren't in touch with reality...