Do you think GAG should consider adding a new topic "Race Relations" ?

Tell me what you think

Personally I think it's worth considering

• Yeah definitely
  • No thanks jeff

Most Helpful Girl

• yes i definitely agree!! how can some people be still be ignorant? i mean there's not a single day where you won't see some silly race-related questions on here about "my race is better than the other ones" , "do guys from _____skin color like girls with _______ skin color?", "reasons why you should not date someone with _________skin color" ,"girls from race A are jealous of us girls from race B because us girls from race B are much better than them and we attract/take the men from race A" (some troll who came back with the same question using different accounts)... and i wonder why people in your poll are against it-_-

What Girls Said 7

• I think it would just encourage trolling and flame wars. It would be horrible to keep track of. Can you imagine having to hang out in race questions ALL DAY? It would be almost as bad as having to hang out in How Do I Look all day. Race is a popular topic right now. Eventually it will be replaced by like I don't know slut shaming or whatever the racist trolls decide to move on to.

• Lols, as soon as it's created i would "block topic"

• True, it'll end eventually

More n more mixed relationships are happening, me n my girl r mixed to the T, assimilation at its finest

• Let's hope! I really don't think that day can get here soon enough!

• I'm with @MaskedSanity for the purpose of being able to filter the topic or not see it I'm all for race relations

• Abso-fucking-lutely!

Then I can block that shit same way I did with the "Rate me" category.

• Nope - I'd actually want to ban those kinds of questions - because they're tedious...
    But I'd like to ban bitter people too - who attack others on here - but you can't do that either. O. o

• wow.. the poll kinda disappoints me.. but a big yes in my opinion... :) thank you so much for this post. I do not hate my race at all! but all i'm saying is definitely wouldn't mind dating or being in a relationship with a guy of a different race.. for many reasons!

• Lols!!! That username is too much lol 😂

I agree, yea i wish the poll reflected otherwise

• yeah.. my username.. is totally not what i ma besides the chihuahuas! lol! i dont eat pepperonis but like the sound of it. eh. lol.. on the brighter side the poll doesn't reflect the world! :D

• Lol, well it does sound

And ur right about the poll not reflecting the world

• Yes, so I can block it pronto.

• I'd like that in order to block such questions from my feed.

What Guys Said 15

• I don't see that being implemented because honestly that's just like putting up a big sign saying "racists come here." The people who debate those racism things tend to be the biggest racists of all and they just cherry pick "studies" and argue that their race "has it worse" or whatever. Victim parades and all that jazz. Then you got the kids who come on here and claim their race is what holds them back from dating but then you offer an opinion and their response just gives you the real reason they're single.

• Yea, id just think it be nice to filter it into another topic

• Yeah good idea

• Yes I do so I could unfollow that topic and never see them again.

Also lol @ no thanks jeff. Lifter pls.

• That would cause more trolling than usual.

• Maybe, but it would be filtered and you'd be able to block it

• Since when has that ever stopped trolls? We already have people misusing the misc. category to post questions like "why are white women ugly?" or "why do black men suck?". Adding a race relations category would probably bring in more trolls.

• Lol, yeah

The plans not to get rid of them, the plan is to restrict them and givev them pasture to graze...

Think about both of the questions u just mentioned, if they were under a topic specifically for race and u had said topic blocked... you'd have never seen them

• It's tempting because I could block that topic. At the same time, though, I'm really sick of all this talk about race. It's nauseating.

• yes could be a good idea since there are a lot of race questions here these days.

• Yea, i think there is enough for them to warrant there iwn topic

• No, because that makes it look like G@G supports those questions.
    Perhaps, we should have a reporting category for "racism questions".

• But a question about mixed relationships isn't racist, it's when comments flare and stereotypes take over

There's nothing wrong with supporting healthy and respectful discussions over race

An inability to do so would reflect back on us making us look immature and childish

More structure can change things

• Hopefully! It wouldn't hurt G@G to try it out.

• True

I do think the potential is there

• no. it'll end up being a 'hate on white people' subforum, and posting a thread about black on white hate crimes will get people banned.

• The rules won't dissappear, yes the negativity will be banned but honestly that topic is big in the media right now and whether you want it on gag or not it's here

I just don't see a reason not to give it it's own circle

• Because it's a white guilt/hate whites circle jerk.

State capitals are banning the confederate flag because a white guy shot eight black people. Sermons on racism, whole societal madness about racism and the confederate flag.

When a black guy Omar Thorton killed 8 whites in a workplace shooting in 2010, did anyone give a shit?

When black mobs at the Wisconsin and Iowa State fairs ran around beating whites in 2010, or the at the Milwaukee State Fair in 2011, did anyone give a damn? Nope. Was there any public talk about how blacks need to deal with their hate of whites? Nah.

• That's just how things are, EVERYONE experiences rascim

And everyone ALWAYS says "well race A was treated this way, and race B was punished at all for doing the same thing!"

It'll be a "Race Relations" circle jerk, GaG wouldn't allow any racist topics, those comments or questions still aren't allowed

But that's not to say no one could have an respectful discussion over race related questions

• I think moderators should more aggressively moderate to keep this fucking place more on topic.

• Well that's the thing, Gagers are still allowed to ask questions regarding race

• The purpose of this site is not for general discussion of politics or religion, or at least that was not the original intent. Used to be questions of race were asked in the context of dating and relationships. If the admins so desired they could keep this place on topic, but unfortunately they let it run wild.

• Well i think giving it it's own topic would help in means of managing race Specific questions

• Sure why not? It's something rarely talked about here and will bring more variety to GAG.

• ... Yeah, no.

• i wouldn't mind it.

• They should consider it, but they won't.

• Isn't there enough discussion about that already with out making a specific category for it? Id feel differently if there was a way to limit participants to emotionally mature, intelligent and open minded individuals. But that's impossible, so... no.

• Creation of a topic doesn't generate more discussion

It's already here n people are talking

Giving it a topic gives u a means to manage it, as u choose what topics u want to see

• Nope I don't want an area for anti-white, anti-conservative, anti-police propaganda, thanks you very much.

• I understand, but be mindful that it's already here in ways...

You see it in the minority (most of the time) of comments in a range of topics

• So your saying it will keep the other threads clean of this vitriol and out the racist, liberal cop-haters on here so that everyone can see how hateful and wrong they are?

• Well, comments will be made no doubt across all threads,

But we have many race SPECIFIC questions that would (assuming you block them) be filtered and and you would see less of those comments