Why did G@G eliminate age filtering? Why have ages next to asker's names been removed? Why does G@G continuously unnecessarily eff with this site?

I am very annoyed with these tweaks. They do not improve the user experience, but degrade it. If it isn't broken, don't fix it. You G@G coders should 1. Make existing functionality more robust. 2. Add functionality based on how users use the system and or from their suggestions.

UPDATE: Yeah, it seems that they elimated the filtering on the feed other than sex. My live feed used to be filtered on sex, age, and only have questions. Now I get everything in my live feed except ages. This sucks. I had bookmarked my live feed as well to compensate for last month's annoying eclectic Windows 8 homepage update.

Seriously, using this website is becoming more annoying than a root canal. To paraphrase The Joker in the 1989 movie Batman: "This site needs an enema."

Most Helpful Guy

• Gag has made mistake after mistake and Gag was fine 3 or 4 years ago.

What Girls Said 4

• I can still see your age beside your name, and I can still filter questions. They haven't changed a thing.

• Oh filtering by age - yeah I don't see it anymore but I'm on mobile right now so it could be different. I never used that feature anyways, it's useless to me.

• Yea I was disappointed with the removal of age filtering too.

• i still see the ages.

• In your feed which shows all the questions, you don't see ages. Only when you open the question, are ages displayed. It seems a design objective was a deliberate disabling of people from only selecting questions based on askers' ages which is something I often did.

• I don't think ages have ever been shown on the live feed. I know that years ago they used to show the age groups, on the old version of the site. But not anymore.

• Probably because the majority of users didn't want it. They can't make everyone happy. That would be impossible.

• With software, that's ridiculous. It's functionality that they had. It takes effort to remove functionality. It is much easier to leave in place.

What Guys Said 4

• They said not enough people were using it to be worth keeping it, but I am equally surprised by how they just rip out features instead of adding new ones. I still want better control over the event types, how am I supposed to moderate opinion comments if I don't see where and when they occur? Sigh.

• The age is still beside the questioner and I never used the age filter so I don't miss it.

• I can still it. You're age 52.

• Steady on Old Boy!

At our age we have to be careful.

... But you're right.