Within the relative anonymity of GaG, why have a private profile?

You can go on/off anon as you please, and your profile pic can be a dinosaur if you choose.
So, why make your profile private?

0|0
7|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people do it to cut down on the amount of pervy messages or because they've had problems with harassment and trolls do it to be inconvenient.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hmph. Good insight!
      Thanks!

What Girls Said 6

• The only reason I had a private profile for a little while was because my sister made a GAG account and she knew who I am. I didn't like having a private profile, so I decided to just block her, so my profile shows as private only for her.
    That was my reason.
    But I believe many people make their profile private so creeps can't send them messages, and so they can control who's following them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess bc some people don't want other strange users messaging them all willy-nilly.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't really want people who I block to be able to see my account. That's just me

1|1
    0|0
  • It's simple - creep message reduction

0|1
    0|0
  • Stalkers or whatever reasons

0|1
    0|0
  • Restricts who can message you. Especially if you use your picture, you can get a lot of creeps...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• OBVIOUSLY they don't wanna receive any nasty messages from creeps ;)

even if u have a dino as yer profile pic, as long as u've got a female username there r creeps who would send u their shit

3|1
    0|0
    • Very valid point, sir.

• You're right I once had a profile pic of a hand giving the finger and I got a creepy message asking what would i do with that finger lol creeps message you with any pic or without one

• A lot of people don't want someone to use their pic to cat fish or they just don't wanna get perverted messages.

1|0
    0|0
  • My profile is private to ward off unwanted attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • fear man. fear :D

0|0
    0|0