How many users do you have blocked on this website?

Holy cow, I have over 50 people blocked. How bout you? What makes you block users on GAG?

Most Helpful Guy

• Only 1. I tried to be cool and give this person advice in pm to help her ego problem. Eventually though, after about 5 long hours of trying to work with this person as she kept being bossy and refusing to listen to any words of advice, I blocked her. I sincerely tried to no avail.

• DAMN. FIVE HOURS? That's commitment!

• I really wanted to help the person. I really did. But damn, their ego kept getting in the way. She was saying that she couldn't get a boyfriend (at a young-ish age mind you). I told her that was alright, but she said she had to have one. Then she kept thinking every random she found hot, like the bus driver, was checking her out because they would simply look her direction. I tried explaining everything to her, but it just wasn't working. Eventually, after going in circles with no solution I said a "Sorry. Can't help" and left.

• every random *guy* she found hot

What Guys Said 17

• I have blocked 17 and I will block anyone who interferes with my enjoyment on this site. Anyone who insults me or is unreasonable or offensive to me. I have made the decision to block at a moments notice.

• same I have been doing that too

• I like those words:
      "I will block anyone who interferes with my enjoyment on this site."

It just can't be put any simpler than that. :)

• 0
    I guess I've been lucky and just not attracted the creeps. (although I imagine being a guy has a lot to do with that)
    I did once get a woman trying to be "friends" with me because she thought we connected on a spiritual level... I hadn't even spoken to her previous to that!

• Only one. He just kept on pestering with BS and interfering with honest conversations. I am blocked by several though. A couple I remember them getting pissed off about the opinions I had. One got pissed because of a short back and forth with an opinion owner on his question. Others I do not even remember conversing with at all, but tried to upvote them on something and found I was blocked.

You may want to thin out your block list. Unblock some and see how it goes, then do it with some others.

• This happened to me too, I went to upvote someone (not downvote!) and this female user had me blocked. Don't even remember talking to her (because I do remember usernames). She must have just read something from me she didn't like and that was it.

I know I did most of my blocking when I start to get tangled up in feminism topics, and especially my own last myTake about it. Those who dug in to me with personal insults were blocked. And even then, not blocked unless I gave them a second change to knock off their shit. One just taunted me and though I wouldn't budge, came out with something suddenly like, "See? You're hating men! See you're being aggressive!" I'm sitting here thinking, "Nice try, I wasn't/haven't been and you just want a reaction." - block.

But also something else - after that myTake with about 8 people blocked, I went to go check it for this question and there's only like four of them left. I know for sure two of them were females, and they're gone.

• Does this mean they deleted their account or GaG removed them? I just found it weird that there was nothing there, just a space where they were there.

• Catfish, perhaps?

• I blocked one, but regretted it so unblocked her. Sadly she is still blocking me, and I believe my sister, too. It was all over a genuine reply to one of her questions that she took as an attack on her. It most definitely wasn't!! I miss her!!

• 7 so far :P

• to what end? you know blocking someone just masking them off, they still there and influencing other people, and reluctant to ackownledge their existence isn't one kind of lying to own?

• I don't feel like it's lying to own but just choosing to not have to deal with a nuisance. Especially a pervy nuisance.

• 0.

But I am pretty sure the 99% of the blocking is done by the women.

With good reason.

• I actually have only one person blocked, but it is only because this way it is easier to keep track of the fact that I was blocked by that person.

• How that miracle happened?

• @yourfutureex he was level 1 when he blocked me so I was like lol okay I will block back by the way the guy is supposedly a legend with like 150+ people blocked.

• To be honest, I was initially quite surprised too! But I think it has to do with that I typically don't resort to name-calling. I don't see much point in antagonism, considering it doesn't really take the discussion forward. I haven't been trolling lately and I guess I was forgiven or something. I might just have had a high report success rate.

• Nobody yet, I've seen people's comments/profiles and decided I don't like them, but I just ignore 'em.

• Zero right now.

• I never thought that I'll need to block anybody but sadly have blocked 9 people in total, never thought that there will be so many sadistic sycophants on this site when I joined :D

• 9? Wow 😲 I've been longer here in gag and I've still havnt block no one..

• @JoahZ10nT well not all of them were Sycophants, fanatics or bitter people some of them I just blocked cause they kept on commenting on opinions in my questions so I was sick of receiving notifications lol. I must have blocked 3-4 people or maybe less for genuine reasons haha. I'll unblock the spammers one day

• Zerooooooo

• I have not blocked anyone

• only 1, my skin is thick

• They must have been pretty bad then, that one you do have blocked!

• he was above and beyond offensive, like off the end of the scale, so to save wasting energy i blocked

• 2 or 3 maybe

• Thirteen ghosts, with many more to come.

• Zero blocked, because blocking people is fucking pathetic. Seriously.

• Some of these people may be getting harassed by other users in private messages.

• Pathetic in that case too, but understandable.

• @kinstrome typically that is not the reason why people block others around here, though. They just disagree and the person is like "lol shush" so that they don't even have to try to consider the opinion of the other person

What Girls Said 17

• I just checked and have seven blocked. I know I answered Red_Arrow with four but I just briefly glanced. The weird thing is where there were two there is a blank space and I know they were female users, so I have to wonder if they deleted their accounts since I blocked them.

I've said it before, I block when someone becomes insulting toward me. Even if I point something out and get the childish, "You should go back to school." I'll give the person a chance to just go back to normal, but if they can't do it, I block. I'm not wasting my time online to sit and read someone who has no significance in my life to make attempts to make me feel bad. And that's what they try to do - attempt. Not that it works, it doesn't. I just hate the fact I'm talking to someone who *tries* to be hurtful.

Anyway, I did most of my blocking when I got tangled up in most of the feminism discussions because there are a lot of people who simply don't know how to discuss. They give me nothing to take away, and have a refusal to even read what I write because a lot of them come back with crap that I already covered, proving they just are spouting off their hate toward something without even reading someone's information. If they don't read what I say, in a small box of 1000 words, then they're not reading articles, statistics, news stories - nothing. It's just based on personal experience or empirical evidence - all subjective.

I also have some right-wing-nutty people who become loose cannons when it comes to religion and abortion. I can only take so much bigotry before I decide it's evident that there could be a bigger issue going on with them besides religion, and talking to a brick wall is stupid. So in every topic, they're the same one-note tune and come to my questions with the same bigotry - I like to save the GaG community from having to be exposed to it.

So there you go, seven at the moment, and they probably know who they are. :) It's too bad because I'm sure when it came to other topics, we'd be in agreement with and probably upvote each other, but GaG has no notification turn-offs, so the only solution to shut the person up who is causing trouble in one question or myTake of mine is to just block.

• You seem really into this post lol

• Lmao it’s really no big deal! Your enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge is pretty admirable!

• Most people don’t even care to extend half the effort you did.

• I lost track of how many I blocked but I block people for a couple of reasons

1. I block sexist questions that talk about how unfairly woman treat men
    2. I block people who say bad things about me that aren't true or try to turn people against me
    3. I block people who block me

• I don't block users. If I do, I only block them for a little while and then unblock them. The only users I block are users that keep private messaging me weird stuff. I block them for a little while so they stop contacting me and then unblock them when I think that they have probably forgotten about me by then. I think it's kind of stupid to block people for other reasons besides that one. :/

• i have a few because they are pedafiles

• Zero at this moment!!! But if anyone is interested? Just le me know.. And ill glady block you ;) who wants to be the 1st.. To be blocked

• i block the ones who are really disturbing me again and again.. but i unblock them after 2 weeks..

• It was like 36 last time I looked.

• I unblocked a few people. It's at 35 right now.

• 10 and the last one was rude and pissed of because I'm married at this age!!! Seriously he was SICK and garbage

• 2 at the moment for being sex pests on here

• I've never blocked anyone.

• Only 1. Only my sister. xD

• I blocked 29

• I haven't blocked anybody

• So far I haven't blocked anyone.

• I don't block people.

• Only nine annoying people.

• Nobody. I ignore those little bastards😀