Can we get rid of the mytake feature all together?

I feel they serve no purpose, and are a wwaste of space. Can we just get rid of them completely. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like my takes either. There really annoying especially when people use there ugly pictures or talk about a stupid topic. I hate seeing it as the first thing to pop up on my feed.

What Girls Said 8

• No way, not after people begged and begged to have user submitted articles reinstated after the site was overhauled last year. The feature was absent from the site for a couple of years until like 6 months ago. Just ignore the myTakes and look at the questions if you hate it that much.

What I'd like to see for myTakes is more quality posts being promoted, rather than the admins promoting and featuring any old crap takes that people post. Pretty much everything gets featured regardless of content or quality. I could write a three sentence myTake on how I went to the store and what I bought and it would still get featured.

• I don't want them on here, simple as that

• People like you, I don't know how you got to be an admin.. it's disgusting

• In @watermelonoma 's words uppied +1

• I like the feature a lot.
    It gives me the opportunity to share my view on certain topics, and express my creative side (I've written story myTakes).

It's also beneficial in terms of earning X-per points because it's pretty hard to get to 7,000 .

If I were you I'd ignore the feature instead of letting it bother me.

• Great generator of discussion at this time of the night. Thats what I have to say @Anon1999

• I don't like them either I find them rather boring tbh

• if your not interested in mytakes just ignore them that's it

• some like it.. i m not one of them though..

• If they ever got rid of mytakes they should come up with a new cool feature. Other than that, I like mytakes and if you don't like them you can just ignore them and that's it.

• I totally agree.

What Guys Said 10

• you should just ignore them. i like the feature. The only real problem is that there isn't much quality control in terms of which myTakes are promoted.

• Eh I could take it or leave as far as the mytakes are concerned. I don't think I'll ever make one because it's too time consuming and I only use this site in small increments. My biggest problem is that they promote click bait a lot.. Controversial issues that people will post on just to get views. G@G is a business though.

• I think we should keep them but have more abilities to report or vote on them, since many are complete garbage and/or trolling.

• I imagine the people who run dis joint will be... disinclined to acquiesce your request.

• It's easy enough to ignore them if you're not interested.

• Exactly. I don't know why this concept is so hard to grasp.

• I agree they are super easy to ignore and never see on here

• Do you expect people to cater to your every whim in real life too?

• Well it is sad that you feel that way, but people wanted Articles back ever since they were gone. So rule of majority over minority here. Just use the question feed instead.

• It doesn't interfere with anybody and there are people who like to write them and read them

• I enjoy having them around. They were not on the site for a while but having them back made the site better.

• Ahhh he blocked me from commenting on my own opinion.

• Nice to hear that I'm entertaining lol

• yeah I've noticed that too Anon

@musicbrain5

you are! Whenever i see you post, i get a bit of a nostalgia burst of the good old days of a few years ago

• Most are such garbage but you can just navigate to questions instead. Honestly I have a read a few good ones... most are trash though.

• It is not hard to ignore them.