What reasons do you think people have for being anonymous?

Most Helpful Guy

• So they can say things without people being able to judge "them" for it.

What Guys Said 15

• usually gals use this feature in sexual-related questions in order to avoid creeps or people who want to share sth very personal and they cannot wid their username (good use)

some people though use it for trollin or to insult other GAGers (bad use)

• Some people do it if what they say is too personal. Others if they're too blunt, or try to be mean.
    Then there's those who give a really good answer and go anonymous. Yesterday one girl gave a great answer without being anonymous, but 5 minutes later she changed it to anonymous... I don't know why.

• Apart from trolling , some don't want attention , others don't wish to discuss personal stuff while named.

• They don't want to ruin their reputations when they post stupid questions and comments.
    That's my excuse anyway.

• They're pussies. Can't give their honest opinion without hiding their faces.

• can't be bothered filling out there profile or they see no gain out of it which is my case (the 2nd part for me)

• Some reasons are pretty stupid (note: QA going anonymous for a question like this)

• They are fakers

• Probably don't want to be recognised for their questions and opinions a bit cowardly I think

• Because they desire anonymity, usually.

• says the anonymous girl.

• And the anonymous guy...

• I do it because I want my answers to stand on their own merits and not be prejudiced by people recalling other answers I made.

• Well for me personally is because I don't want people I know to stumble across my questions. My questions relate a lot about my relationship and her behaviour towards me and my insecurities and everything and I often get scared that either her, her friends or my friends may stumble across it and it may make things worse..

• Because I can.

• They don't wanna find anyone stalking them.

What Girls Said 8

• shame of either the question they're answering, or shame of the answer they are giving... no other reason, unless they are just hiding from someone which would be highly unlikely.. they're just ashamed of being seen answering such question or answering in such matter... etc.

• Some people use it to maintain their persona on GaG.

Some use it to disclose very personal information.

Some use it to insult others.

Some use it so that their persona does not influence results.

Some use it because who the fuck cares who is behind the pink face? We're all anonymous to a degree anyways.

• For some reason, they don't want to have posts associated to their accounts or they're trolling.

• Too lazy to create an actual account like that was me for a while. Never changed those posts to have my name on them either. Who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• To share their personal information and yeah for ofc to troll :D

• I do it for very personal questions or for sexual ones where I don't want a lot of creepy messages.

• I simply don't want people to know who I am.

• it depends on my question, sometimes i just don't like to post something personal, other times i get paranoid someone i know will be on this site and read my question and know it's me