Do you often side with your gender on questions that have strong gender dividing opinions?

Often times I see post where there is a clear difference in opinion between guys and girls. How many of you often look at the other genders disagreement and dismiss it because most of your gender agrees with you? Do you ever wonder why there might be such a strong divide? Do you ever think that the bias from your own experience as a certain gender may be clouding your thinking and stopping you from understanding the truth in the other genders opinion? How can we fix this?

• I often side with my gender and rarely think about it
  • I often side with my gender but that's because they're usually right
  • I often side with the opposite gender
  • I've never noticed how often I side with or against my gender
  • I take the time to think about how my gender may make me biased on most questions
I guess I should add that I don't mean that you purposefully side with your gender often. It just happens a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say I side with any gender. I go with what I feel and I truly mean what I feel about the situation at hand and base my opinion off of that. I'm not biased by either gender. Of course I take a look at both sides, but I have a mind of my own and use it.

What Girls Said 4

• I usually side with my gender because we share the same experiences. I think that anyone who answers a question on here will be biased in some way - afterall, we're giving our opinions and giving advice, an inherently biased thing. Our experiences shape the way we think and the way we see situations, so it's hard to avoid being somewhat biased when answering.

• I think it depends on the subject matter. Obviously all of us will think what we want to think with gender having no heavy bearing on the outcome. I think the divide is just because maybe the majority of girls do think in a very similar fashion and guys as well. For me though, I find my opinions sometimes coinciding with the opposition, it's just the way I think and feel about things. Thought about changing the way I think but then I realized I can't and shouldn't.

• I think I might have sided with the opposite gender more. I dont know.
    I think my opinions matched with theirs more.

• I often side with the people who i see are in the right about that particular situation.

What Guys Said 9

• I side with the people that have the same opinion as me, if it's a male, cool, if it's a female, cool too.
    I just give my opinion, not caring who's side it goes to.

• i'm not a sheep to side wid anyone's opinion... i've got my own ;)

• I usually side with the girls

• I side with what I find myself agreeing to.

• It's has no bearing on what my opinion is, or will be. (given that I know about the topic being discussed)

• i side with whoever seems most correct to me. I've sided with women on many occasions

• I side with what's right, not who says it.

• I think I am equally critical and supportive of both genders.

• Ha, only women voted B.

• Must be feminists