Can a person temporarily freeze his GaG account, so that he could re-join later with the same username?

I am planning to take a break!

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not possible. Only UberMods can freeze the accounts BUT while freezing the account, he/she will have to give a reason for that, which is obviously a reaction to the atrocious acts done by the malefactor like creating duplicate accounts, using explicit pics, posting antagonistic/offensive things, harassment or unwanted private messages or spam etc.

In that case, if you want to take a break, you don't need to do anything. Just leave your account as it is and you can reclaim it later whenever you want. No matter how long your hiatus is, your account will always remain conserved.
    Remember: You will lose your xper points by the rate of
    No login for 7 days -20
    No login for 30 days -50
    No login for 90 days -100

Good luck :)

• What if you redeem a gift card and you were at just enough points for it, then don't log in for the amount of time it would take to start dipping in to the points you had to redeem your points?

• Yeah, i think posting VERY few opinions a day at max is better than taking a break.

So i will further reduce my activity, than to take break. Its better idea

• Yeah. Moderation in life is the best and fun way :)

What Girls Said 4

• There's no need... your account will always be here, no matter how long of a break you take. Username sitting is usually frowned upon anyways, but yeah, if you're going on a hiatus you don't have to do anything, don't deactivate it, just let your account be and it'll be here just as you left it whenever you return.

• Well, your account will still be here, but you just won't be able to access it of it was deactivated. If you're going to take a break your account will be fine. It will be here when you get back.

• Just don't log on it will still be here when you come back.

• Doesn't stopping to login lead to the same thing?

What Guys Said 5

• Deactivation cannot be undone. Only Uber mods can "freeze" an account, but that is done for very serious reasons and I think typically the admins do it. Just take a break and don't look back for a while. :p

• I think if you leave it untouched you will be okay but just check.

• I know what you are talking about I just can't remember details - I think it is called sleeping the account

• Nope, once it's deactivated, it's deactivated for good requiring a new account. Your best option for taking a break is to set your entire account to privet and just not use it till your read to use it again.

• Isn't there any 'site ban' function to temporarily freeze accounts?

So that we can email the admins to re open the account when we are ready.

• No their is not. You can't freeze your account only deactivate which deactivates it for good.

• just dont log in. Dont deactivate because it won't be recoverable after that

• Just don't sign on, dude. The account's not going anywhere.