Are you allowed to have two different GAG accounts which belong to the same ROUTER IP address?

I understand if two accounts are used by the same PC/laptop, GAG would recognize the same computer/laptop IP address. However, what if there are two different accounts which belong to the same internet ROUTER address?(In the same house at that.)

The only reason I ask is because I live with my sister and she wants to make a GAG account herself. She uses another laptop than I do but I don't want us being banned because we use the same internet router.

Are we allowed to do this?

@skullly This is probably the actual true answer. The moderators won't reply to me for whatever reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can do as many accounts as you wan! BUT if for some reason someone does check it and there are more than one, then they WILL Deactivate all duplicates that they find... (so it's NOT allowed, but you CAN do it! and they will not deactivate it unless they notice it!) It's like driving! you can break the law a zillion times as long as you're never on the spot light, cause if they see you, you'll get a ticket! :D!

To avoid being deactivated it, maybe you should message them directly and explain your situation, and perhaps they can overlook your account without deactivating the other.

• This is probably true. It makes sense.

• thank you for most helpful opinion.

and I would suggest sending a message to the website directly and not to the mods...
      http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

If you still get no answer... well, just do it! and don't get into trouble so that they won't have to check you out for "whatever" reason and find that you have 2 accounts from same ip address... That's all i can think of.

• Once again, thanks! You've been a big help.

What Girls Said 6

• there defiantly isn't an issue as long as you use separate emails, google accounts whatever it doesn't matter both me and my house mate have GAG accounts as do me and my boyfriend and we're frequently logged on at the same time aswell

• My brother and I have a GaG account as well. So is @MissNowhere and her sis. Doesn't seem to be a problem for us.

Else, perhaps the admins could answer your question. Try asking them.

• Yes. I actually have another account that I used for like a week. Now I've forgotten the login information lol so I haven't deactivated it.

• Alright, do you know how to message the administrators? I will explain to them the situation and tell them the user name my sister is planning on using.

• So you're saying I'd have better luck with your other sister? ;)

• @BelleGirl21 Well my 22 year old sister seems to hate every girl. I'm actually on the verge of calling her a sexist against her own gender.

However, my other sister (the one who just turned 20) is the complete opposite and has a lot of girls that are friends, as well as being a friendly person in general.

• Nope. I tried and gag deleted the other account.

• Yes, you are allowed to most definitely. Many people have deactivated there accounts and made new ones. You may be allowed to have two running at the same time on one IP address.

• But @inlovewithyou2014 told me she tried and they deleted the other account.

• Yeah. I understand too. People would have multiple accounts to try and harass people.

• It's actually quite easy to differentiate between computers on the same router, but not so easy with two accounts on a shared computer. It depends on how it's set up.

• Thats a good question...

What Guys Said 5

• There are two sisters on site already.

• We have 5 computers here shared between three people, plus two tablets and three phones ALL with internet connections off the same router. Both my sister and I have GAG accounts. It will be an extremely poor implementation of a website if it won't allow multiple accounts off the same router and also on a shared computer. There must be thousands of families with multiple users with only one computer.

• you can only have one account per person. Your sister should be able to make an account though. Missnowhere's sister is on here so it seems to be alright

• I doubt this would be an issue. But @xHoneyxBeex would be the person to know for sure

• Most likely they ban individual accounts at first.

• But what if MY account IS the individual one they ban?

• Why would your account be banned if it isn't the one that's breaking the rules? If your sister's account breaks the rules, that account will get banned. Not yours.