What if UPvoting was free, but each DOWNvote cost you one Xper point?

• I would have no Xper points left
    22% (2)27% (4)25% (6)Vote
  • That would improve the negativity problem
    11% (1)47% (7)33% (8)Vote
  • Only if the anon function was disabled permanently.
    44% (4)13% (2)25% (6)Vote
  • Other thoughts...
    23% (2)13% (2)17% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|8

Most Helpful Girl

• the people would take to the streets and rejoice

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• I'd be gone a couple points, but I would only pay if the person wasn't anon. If they're anon and I dislike their post, I'll just comment or assume they're a troll.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Well fuck man... I'd have to stop being a cunt... and... well...

cdn.gifstache.com/.../...tache_2770_1353866401.gif

1|1
    0|0
  • Things wouldn't change, people will either just wast points downvoting, or not vote at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • You are trying to avoid Xper farming among friends but with this you will have your enemies downvoting all your opinions.

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be a way to indirectly censor people who disagree. Why would you want that? Can't handle opposing opinions?

0|2
    0|0
    • It's not about me? I didn't ask for it. This is just a spinoff question about negativity & trolling running rampant on this site. A lot of people come here for help with problems, and are met with cruel sarcasm and flippant remarks.

I'm just asking people what they think could resolve the problem.

I'm anti censorship, but if people are just saying garbage and hurting one another, site participation will decline, then there won't be anyone left here but a couple of 16yr old boys asking penis questions back and forth.

I'm asking a question about the greater good of the site, and possibly humanity in general.

But thanks for your opinion.

• please downvote this opinion

0|1
    3|1
  • i dont give a damn, some guys are so white knight like, and some woman are so misandrist, that sometimes i need to dislike somethings

0|0
    0|0
    • How did you manage to type that word without autocorrect fixing it?
      Misandrist & misandry are not real.

• But how will we punish the trolls? Tell me how!!

0|0
    0|0