How do you think G@G would be different if users started getting 1 Xper point for every upvote?

Users started getting 1 Xper point every time their opinion get's upvoted.

Most Helpful Girl

• Back when I first joined in 2008 and for a couple of years afterwards, it used to be that way. You'd get an Xper point for every up vote received on your answer which led to a lot of nonsense shit being posted just so you could farm xper points. I don't think you got one for up voting other answers though.

• This is true!

• @Toad-1: Those were the days, huh. Lol. It was a horrible idea and I'm glad they stopped giving out points like that. Although it hasn't stopped the nonsense.

What Girls Said 8

• That'd be cool but then I think people would just start up voting their friends. I have a lot of friends here and while I'd appreciate them up voting because they like me I'd much rather have them up vote for the actual opinion.

• That's how it turned out to be when this feature was in place at the beginning. The site was more of a popularity contest than it is now!

• I would buy off so many people. And it's GaG so I would only need to give a lot of the guys random half naked pics from google. Score. I would get so many pics.

• not a good idea.. people would upvote for xper.. not for the actual opinion..

• It would make very little difference to me personally. I have 32,000 point's I'm trying to get rid of now.

• not a bad idea

• People would have a lot more xper points lol

• I don't know if it would be any different unless if users loses one point for every down votes.

• It would make little difference to me.

What Guys Said 9

• I mean, this sounds like a communism-- a great idea if it wasn't going to be abused and corrupted. (No, not like communism in a literal sense.)

Some potential problems
    --Questions that xper farm. "Hey make an opinion on my question and everyone upvote each other?" Or those "See who can get the most upvotes?"
    --People that xper farm with themself. People that make multiple accounts and upvote their own opinions.
    --People that upvote everything. I'm all for free points, but there is no limit on upvoting. This would lead to...
    --Xper 'inflation.' Suddenly xper wouldn't be worth as much and GAG stock would go down. Amazon giftcard prices would skyrocket since it'd be easier to get xD
    --Those people that post something stupid like "Upvote me. For no reason at all *insert picture of Peter Griffin." Or "Upvote me and I'll upvote you!"

Suddenly xper wouldn't show someone's dedication to this site very much. The system could be even more easily exploited with +1 upvotes. It seems like a good idea in theory, but a bad idea in practice.

• And that's exactly why they ditched this feature years ago.

• You don't have to care about how the site used to be. I'm just saying that everything you state here already happened on this very site when I was a newbie.

• Oops, I meant to say I don't *know* about the old gag.
      But yep, I understand what you are saying.

• The most useful opinions would mean next to nothing, and the popular users would have their followers upvoting every opinion they gave (and they would start giving an opinion to just about everything). So if a person was popular, the could make master in a couple of weeks without ever giving helpful advice. Just answer an opinion with "Hey guys, it me." and get dozens of point on every opinion.

• if that's so then "+1" from opinions should be abolished
    also to make it more fair u should get "-1" Xper from downvotes

sounds better now?

• I thought you already did - You learn something new everyday

• I don't mind, but they'd have to balance it out by raising the gift card.

• That would be just too beautiful

• You wouldn't have honest votes and it would get out of hand

• Cost of amazon giftcards would be raiased to 15 000 xper

• It would be more worth being a part of Ga