Should gag have an age requirement?

Im seeing waaaaaaay too many under 18 year olds on here asking either stupid questions or questions they shouldn't be asking should there be an age requirement?

• no there shouldn't be!
  • yes definitly!!
And id also like to see the post anonymous box go away too

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not going to work. If people want to join, they're going to lie about their ages. It's like any site that asks you to click "yes if you're 18" so you can see the content. I'm sure there are plenty of teens here who have lied about their age to get onto porn sites.

Even older users on hete have admitted to lying about their age - they sign up with younger ones so they're taken more seriously or so they can blend in when they go anonymous.

Under 18's are restricted with the kind of questions they're allowed to ask in the sexuality section though.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well they should put some sort of filter
    Let's say I am tired of 14 year old girls asking to be rated I could select something that says

'Display questions from users over 18'

I don't know something like that

What Girls Said 19

• The age requirement is 13.

At one time it was 16 +.

They was changed several months ago.

Younger users joined anyway they just lied about their date of births.

There's no getting away from younger users.
    Instead of being freaked out by their questions, I think we should enlighten them.
    We were once their ages and curious.

I wish this site were around when I was a young teen.
    I was so curious about sex then!

• I feel GAG should allow 13 and over on here, @Mr. Texan37, because from That age on, things begin to to happen in their lives when: Life begins.
    As far as' Stupid questions' here, dear, I see many adults over 18 who have Asked a few things where it wasn't appropriate and I had wondered what got into their heads.
    As far as "Anonymous box" goes, I feel they have their own reasons, no matter their age, to stay behind the computer curtain.
    Good luck. xx

• I came on here as an under 18 year old looking for sexual advice, of course a lot of my questions got deleted which I found unfair but I still got a lot of help from people on here. The questions may seem silly to you because you know the answer but when you were their age you probably didn't know either. Some of these young ones might not have anyone to ask about certain things or simply don't feel comfortable talking about it to anyone else. Just help them out no matter how silly it may seem, it will help them make a better decision.

• Ok no offense but i doubt you were asking how to give head at least i hope not

• Well no, but I'm sure I've asked for some tips on it before. It's not a big deal, you can direct them to some websites.

• I don't think really an age requirement even though I voted yes because their already is one. But maybe for the questions they post like the sexual ones and they you get these Pervy people commenting like 20 plus years older. I just see a lot of shady stuff like that. And maybe if they post questions like that people with in like age spectrum could respond to it like let's say five years older at most I don't know seems unrealistic considering this site and what it's about.

But seriously lately the questions some of them ask I'm like really are you serious...

• I think under 18s should be allowed on here. After all, even kids have opinions and things to say. Maybe though you should be able to put an age restriction on your posts. So if you ask a question that's sex related. You can set it so that only over 18s can see it.

• I have nothing against children but what if some horrible pedophile adult decides to prey on them? They need to be protected from questionable people.

• There is an age requirement. You have to be at least 13. By the way, there have been countless questions like this and nothing has been done about it. There's nothing you can do about it anyway. No one can control the people of the internet.

• No, it should have an IQ requirement instead.

• ha no way they've let me be here LOL

• LOL, well how about a common sense requirement instead, then we should be ok haha

• although i do find like 14 year olds posting about sex and other stuff like that uncomfortable if there was an age requirement underage users would just fake there age bc its really not hard and that would make opinions based off age inaccurate

• it should be 15+ but still they can lie about their age.. so no use..

• GAG does have an age requirement it's 14. With that said you don't have to show any ID so in reality there may be children younger then that on GAG.

• Not really. I find individuals to be aged 13-18 to be less of a bother and are more wiser than individuals aged between 20-24. That age group are annoying as hell.

• I'm disagreeing just because I've never asked questions like the ones you are referring to.

• People will lie about their age

• Yess. Im like why are these little kids in here instead of outside playing. lol

• What do you consider a question they shouldn't be asking?

• Like how to give head or how to turn boys on

• Why is it that you also want to see the anonymous box go away?

• People talking shit hiding behind being anonymous

• No way Jose!!!

• It would be pointless since people can always lie about their age.

• No because a lot of teens need advice. But I do think there should be a filter that blocks all stupid questions that are asked all the time.

What Guys Said 17

• Like others have said the age limit is 13 and from what I have seen this seems to be the standard age limit for many sites. I think it is a good age limit as I have seen some very mature answers from some of the under 18's on here and I at around 13 people are starting to have questions that maybe they are embarrassed to ask their parents about but are ok with asking a stranger.

• I think its exactly those young, lost and confused people who could need to get some advice from older and hopefully wiser and more understanding people.

• Maybe a filter for age appropriate questions that we could set for what age to see them but we can't just restrict them from coming on here when they need advice mostly but often surprise me and give very good advice themselves. Besides you can just lie and put what age you want on here anyway

• People would just lie about there age

• You know, because no one would have the witty idea of pretending to be a different age.

• They should and it should be 37 and under

• Totally agree. Age requirements for sure. Obviously most would lie about thier age and get on anyway so it's kinda pointless.

• And tell my what would that solve? People can easily lie about their age.

• pointless. Even with the age requirement, there's nothing stopping under 18's from joining anyways.

• It does have an age requirement. It's 13.

• No. I think it's good to be able to inform the younger users about issues they don't feel they can ask personally.

• You know people will just start lying about their age more frequently, right?

• I think 16+ is fair, but they treat 17 year olds like me as minors and remove my questions due to my age.

• Freedom of internet.

• No but there should be an IQ requirement.

• No I think it's fine how it is. Yeah there are some stupid questions but from all ages. Some under 18 questions are relevant and I've even seen under 18's give good advice. How else will they learn?

• Nope, but there should be a law against ugly tattoos.