Would you be angry if somebody stole your profile picture and used it as their own?

I'm not talking about selfies because that would be creepy. But other miscellaneous pictures?

• I'd be boiling mad!
  • I'd be flattered they liked me that much.
  • I'm indecisive and there's no hope for me.
Thanks to @anon1999 for letting me play my little joke and not getting creeped out! No fear little minion I'll change back to a mediocre selfie pronto! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Lmfao!!! I wonder who this question could be directed at lol!!!

• @Genie23 What do you think of the minion takeover lol

@MistNigqa808 I think my cover has bee blown lol

• @genie23 that's so crazy! :(

@anon1999 guess who automatically gets mho though? <3

• It was one of the best thieveries on GaG kept me highly entertained lol :P

Thanks for MHO though :D

What Guys Said 22

• Got here late and missed your joke, but I can put together what you did. I will say that generally stealing avatar photos is not nice. But if some girl wanted to look seductively sexy, I could understand them stealing yours. :-)

• images.girlsaskguys.com/.../profile.jpg?7 I don't think that most of #GAGers have enough balls nor are they creepy enough to even attempt to steal mine ^_^

• If it was a picture with me in it, or people that I know, then I would not be too happy and find it rather creepy! If it was a picture with no people in it (like say landscape or scenery), then I would think it very cheeky for someone to just use that picture without asking, but it wouldn't bother me too much. I guess the less personal the picture, the less it would bother me! :)

• well according to google analytics, 9 out of 10 women who visit my profile download my profile picture to their hard drive. What they do with that picture when no one is looking is anybody's guess, but i imagine if a few of them (or guys) used my photo in this way, it would be because they see me as either a source of inspiration to work up to, or a source of sexual gratification that only my face can provide. In either circumstance, I consider it fair use

• I didn't know you could check that kind of thing! They probably have dimple fetishes! ;)

• I'm so going to do that one day! The cereal thing, not the Google thing ;)

• hahaha, be my guest!

• Vote 'D' cause neither my profile pic nor what's written there was coined by me or that I have a copyright over it :) But glad it inspired someone :) :D

What is, is a description of what and how I am :D

• Well stealing your stuff and plagiarism are the highest forms of flattery after all but I'd still be pissed.

• If it was a picture of myself I'll be pretty mad cause they're saying stuff using my image which can get me in trouble depending on what they're saying.
    If it's a picture from the Internet, like I have now, I wouldn't care too much.

• I wouldn't be offended, as long as they also understand -- like me -- that archaeology consists of research! Reading! And "X" never -- EVER -- marks the spot.

• X always marks the spot lol!

• Oh but those rats!

• @BelleGirl21 Ahhh yes, the rats too. James Bond -- er, I mean -- my DAD would have been terrified if he were there. He's scared to death of them! =P

• Nope. It's my Immortal Technique T-shirt, they're more than welcome to. Same if they used my Free Palestine T-shirt that's my cover image. They can even use my status thing by just writing a sign saying Free Mumia and use that too. No problem whatsoever with me.

• Hmm... I think I'll steal yours temporarily

• I always create my own pictures so yeah I'd be pissed if all of that work was wasted only for someone to steal it.

• I think I would go B and be flattered - It is nice to be noticed

• I'd find it a bit unoriginal, but hey its a well used meme picture so i guess i don't have exclusivity on it. If they do i hope they at least use a different version.

• I'd be extremely angry, I took the time to create my profile pic, plus my profile pic of Orbison defines who I am.

• As you should be! Yours is so unique to you. Don't worry, I won't touch it! :)

• Now you're just rubbing it in...

• That would piss me off isn't that called cat fishing or at least half way through the process?

• 0|0
  • I guess I'd be flattered? Or neutral on this?

. Ok, there is no hope for me.

• I don't know why someone would, but I guess I'd be flattered

To be honest just thinking about it... it would actually be funny to run into a profile anywhere with my pic on it

• No it will be silly if there are nothing between them but if we friends it can be like a joke but not shallow friends

• I'll be a little annoyed.

• Yes I would be mad who wouldn't.

What Girls Said 11

• Uhhhhh, yeah, if someone used my image as their profile pic I'd be pissed. You are not me - don't use my picture! WTF? Who wouldn't be upset about that?

Unless you mean you had a picture as your profile pic that was a group pic and one of the people in that pic decided to also use it as theirs. That's fine. Obviously.

• Oh yeah, for sure. that's why I specified not selfies.

• Oh, so are you talking about a random picture that isn't even of you? Then who cares? I just wouldn't want someone else using a picture of ME.

• Yes I just meant a random picture. And I'm with you on that!

• Yeah, I personally wouldn't like that.

• It's actually pretty funny to me lol

• Their actual pic is off limits I agree. I've ran into that problem several times before having to let other users know about their pic being used when I knew it wasn't them posting a question. But I know her and it was all in good fun so no worries.

But yeah hands off peoples actual pics. Admins typically step in at that point when they take someone's actual pic.

• @anon1999 agreed minion! You know how it rolls

• I would be furious and creeped out. That person clearly has severe issues.

• Nah, I may find it funny

• Don't care. I used to do it a long time ago.

• I'd tear their house apart block by block. No one messes with the Enderman.

• I'd be pretty annoyed

• Yes, I would be upset.

• It would be upsetting because I didn't give them permission to use my information.

• Nah, I would come up with an even better profile pic ;)

• *hides under the bed*