Do you ever lose faith in humanity on here?

Someone asked a question like this a few weeks back and I just thought "Ha, what is this scrub talking about?" But I'm starting to understand what he was talking about. The shit people write on here just makes me think how shitty we're slowly becoming, people are so insulated behind their little screens and have less and less interaction with people in the real world, they'd rather just spew hate on here about whether you're a feminist or not, or if you're a christian or atheist. Even besides that, it just feels like people are attacking each other on here for whatever reason and it starts to create this negative view of people in general. Like, I don't want to go out into the world and have these same heated political discussions that just end up me thinking less of the person after it's done. I've just thought about lately how I don't even want to talk to people in real life because I already know they have different views based on what they post in social media and I know the next time I talk to that person, the subject is going to come up and I feel like I have to be READY TO DEBATE... ugh.

TL;DR The shit people write on the internet when they can just hide behind their screen and be the absolute worst person that they could never be in real life makes me lose faith in humanity.

Most Helpful Girl

• LMAO @ the word Scrub!!! I haven't heard that in forever! Love it! I somewhat agree though. The more I read on here whether it be questions or answers, the more I shake my head. People are so deluded on the internet, and they wonder why they have no friends in real life or can't get. Girlfriend/ boyfriend. Their views are right fucked up.

Most Helpful Guy

• no. its the internet. if 50% of the shit I see on the internet held any merit in my reality then maybe I would lose my shit in humanity, but that's just not the way it is lol.

• Yeah, but it reflects people's views, regardless if they're true or not.

• well that I understand, but I judge them for their actions, not what they believe in.

What Girls Said 2

• They don't want help... They are preparing for their own cancer.

• You're right. And it's gotten to a point where it drives them mad if you disagree with them, it's ridiculous. People can't have their own opinion anymore, everybody needs to think the same.

What Guys Said 4

• It is important to adapt your usage if I feel my thinking going down that route I change my style on this site. If the feeling ever looked like becoming permament I would leave site.

• I'd pretty-well lost faith in humanity long before I landed *here*... War, religeous fundamentalism, republicans, pedophiles, Bill O'Reilly, deep fried donut sandwiches, and Mormons pretty much killed it for me a long time ago...

• Ya the internet is full of too many keyboard warriors >-<

• eh i wouldn't worry about it so much. It's just a symptom of the internet and anonymity