GAG is making me pay to use it because I use adblock plus. I thought this was supposed to be free?

Fuck Captitalism

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• I got a pop up message before logging in last night, which was weird, but I didn't read through it completely. I just closed it and logged in and haven't had any issues.

• Yeah, I just logged out to re-check. Chill out, they're just asking you to donate. They aren't FORCING you to pay a cent.

• Okay? I don't care?

• It's your problem, not mine, dude.

• i also got that message. they're just asking for a donation to compensate for the money not being made from the ads that you should be seeing. i didn't disable it lol idc

• i saw a message this morning asking me to disable adblock

• Funny I to have ad block but have never seen this message.

• sounds kinda like a lie lol

What Guys Said 12

• GirlsAskGuys is not forcing anyone to pay to use the site, this a free website for all. The pop-up you are referring to is simply asking for donations, but no one is obligated to do it. This pop-up should only be appearing for people who are not logged-in though.

Once someone creates an account or logs into their existing account, they should not be seeing the pop-up. And of course, users over level 7 do not see ads anyway when navigating the site.

• That's a lie, cause I was using GAG with adblock since the beginning and never paid a cent.

Fuck YEAH Capitalism!!

• if you reach xper level 7 you will no longer see ads while logged in.

• I had a message pop up myself. I will not be pressured into disabling adblock or anything else. This is my computer. I built it. I will run it how I like. The same goes for my sisters computer. I built that, but she runs it how she likes. She is here occasionally, and also uses adblock.

GAG will not make any money from this, and will most likely lose some serious GAGers. Does it really want to shoot itself in the foot again?

• I saw one at your comments you are at level 9 and still getting ads - Something wrong there ads stop at level 7 - Contact admin

• I Adblock the shit out of this website and I don't care lol they haven't said it would cost anything. I just don't want them to make money off of me lol.. I'm kind of well known so unfortunately I'm click bait anyway and they should be happy with that!

• They don't MAKE you pay, they only ASK for donations because you block the ONLY thing that they can make money from -__-

• I've absolutely never heard of anyone paying for GAG. Sounds like someone is scamming you.

• They want my paypal

• Yeah that sounds even more sketchy. I don't suggest doing that. I use ad block with GAG and have never had a problem. I don't understand why they would suddenly ask you now.

• How are they making you pay?

• I use ablock plus and I'm still using this free.. maybe the gods hate you.

• Yeah I use adblock as well and there is no pay crap.
    You probably have a malicious plugin which is giving fake warnings on websites.

• That's a first