Do you believe we should select MHO after 24 hrs have passed and only?

I mean wot’s da point of selectin MHO after 4 opinion ONLY’ve been posted? This could happen in just 5 mins…. someone asks a question then gets 4 opinions in 5 mins and selects MHO…even if those opinions r not-so helpful since they’ve been posted so early…and someone who tries to post a helpful opinion and needs 10-15 mins in order to post it…before he/she hits “send” button MHO’s been selected!!! Kinda unfair isn’t it?

• agree
  • disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• You have a point there but most people just select MHO according to what they wanna hear anyways, they don't really care if it's actually helpful or not..

What Girls Said 11

• I agree. It can also stop the hit and run question askers if this is done, encouraging them to log back in after at least a day to select MH

BUT, with that said, I also think that MH should automatically be selected if the question becomes abandoned by the Asker, such as the answer with the most upvotes should be rewarded after 30 days or something. I have hundreds of opinions just sitting, and I've gone back to see what ever happened to the user or ask for an update (just because yeah, I give a shit sometimes), and the person has vanished. I almost feel like it's unresolved business for me. LOL

• Aren't there auto-selected MHOs though?

• No. I have many opinions from months back that are sitting there with the other responses from people. I think they did at one time do this, but not anymore? I could be wrong.

• Nope, not unfair...
    Who cares...

The person felt like that was the right response at the time. What if that's the only response they ever get on that question?
    I think it might be fair to have 2 or 3 mho's in a question... but that's not happening either.

• many people mentioned about multiple MHOs... but it's called MOST helpful opinion... and by "most" it means only 1. otherwise it'd be called "ho" (helpful opinions)

• I've had many equally as helpful opinions on just one question...
      So...

• I think there should be 24 hours before you pick MHO. :-)

• im not sure what the rules are about picking a MHO but i think you should wait at least a day or two to give people a chance to answer. i think most people just ask random questions and pick a MHO quickly for the points.

• I agree 100%. Sometimes I see people asking questions and selecting mh after 2 minutes and it's so dumb? what's the point? how can you live with yourself?

• Wait for the majority of opinions to roll in first, then choose. Much better.

• You should wait at least 24 hrs. At one time GAG wouldn't let you select that quick. Yiy had to have a certain amount of comments or 24 hrs. Well something like that. Whats the point of posting a question then a few minutes later M H is selected?

• haha i wait over 7 days, but I barely ask questions anymore, I'm spending less and less time here.

• yup noticed this... bored of GAG? o_O

• Yea kind of. Between the constant race questions etc and life, I've thought about taking a month away.

• You will be missed here, but you deserve more time for yourself. Enjoy it! :-)

• I agree with you. Sometimes I see the MHO selected and just shake my head.

• Nope. You could get the mho on your question right away.

• yes haste is waste

What Guys Said 11

• I may let it go close to 30 days (the max before the system chooses one). That way I will have the widest variety of opinions to select from. Many people on here select one as soon as they have three or four opinions, which may be within five minutes. Then five minutes later they so one they like better and tell that user "If I had not already selected MHO I would select yours." The solution, obvious to anyone with a head on their shoulders, is wait a reasonable time. and considering G@G is worldwide, that would mean waiting till people currently asleep can wake up and weigh in.

• There was a similar question last night I agree with more - You can only give MHO when you get system warning that automatic awarding will happen soon which I think is a month - My usage style often means I hit questions up to 24 hours later after posting.

• I'm more concerned about your atrocious spelling.

• never heard of da phrase "just for fun"... eh?

anyway wot's yer opinion about it?

• (╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻

• eh ok.. sorry bro but i cannot take u seriously... i've seen u very often choosin to make some offensive comment towards asker instead of postin sth related wid da question

not funny. i cannot laugh

• do you believe there are several pyschologists behind this site who collecting and researching users's hehavior and did what's best for this company?

• Yes i agree too many people choose MHO too fast.. I believe waiting for 24 hours and some girls waited over week to give MHO ,

• I agree... some people are unable to come online every day.
    I'm not saying it must be an obligation, but I usually wait for about a week before I give it.

• Yeah I agree. But the worse is writing a long opinion then hitting send and the question was removed -_-

• awwwww sucks happened to me a few times

• Yeah I agree.

• Because people want instant results and don't want too wait 24 hours too choose an answer.. even if others are more in-depth and explained.

• There's a lot of stuff on here that don't slide right.

• Who cares about mho? I never get it so I can't imagine that it means anything