GAG consists of 30 famous users and the rest is "just here"?

It really makes me feel like shit and lonely..

Do you agree?

• I agree
  • I dont agree
  • Party agree
Push push push

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's something you should know: Yes, there are a couple dozen or some "famous" users, but a lot of what you see on the surface is just for show. When you look at the situation at a deeper level, you will see that not too many people actually talk to each other beyond the superficial stuff you see in comments. A lot of the most popular users don't know people as well as it may seem. As @Ihav2fart said, there often isn't much connection beyond what you see on the surface. This is why i personally make it point to actually private message people who intrigue me, and try to garner more from them than what they choose to show publicly. That way, you form real connections and relationships with people.

Based on what i know of what people do on here with double accounts, fake profiles and the like, its very clear to me that there is a deep longing amongst a lot of gag'ers (especially some of the so called popular ones) for real connection with people. So there isn't any real reason to feel like shit, because frankly there is nothing to be envious about half the time. If you want to make friends, be proactive, abandon your shyness, and message people that seem interesting on the surface. You may find that a person is better than you expected, or worse. If i left GaG tomorrow, I know i would be leaving with at least a handful of friendships that will last long after i left here... and the only reason for this is because in most of those cases, i was proactive enough to message the person first and get a relationship started there out of nothing. That's what you need to do.

• Really well written!

You're such a go getter dude.

• Always so well spoken.

Hand this man an award!!!

• Lovely approach to life in general. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• There are few of us who have been Around awhile, made a name for Ourselves and worked Hard to get to the level that we have.
    Thank you for this Update here, dear, never gave it a thought actually. I feel that just Being on GAG for a year and a half, having made it to this Level, I fit In with Many GAGERS, who I Feel are part of the GAG Community, no Matter What, and the ones who I have helped, are Just as Important if Not more so.
    Don't feel blue, you may be new, and with Using your Real name, we can get you In there so you don't feel so crappy, by Being Seen all Over.
    Good luck. xx

• lol.@Klaatu51, my team mate, my Exact sediments, thank you for helping. xxoo

What Guys Said 77

• No, but you gotta get involved more. Message those who you think are cool, comment on their opinions, ask questions, and use the anonymous feature as little as possible.
    The more people you talk to, the more involved you'll be in GAG.

• nah man, not at all. I see new users and talk to them and they're interesting as fuck, I like them. all of the regular users just say the same shit every time so I love the new users. always bringing a new perspective. fuck fame.

• On the contrary tho now that I've been aware for a while more I'm starting to notice a lot more new faces.

There's a NEW WORLD ORDER in GaG

• There are maybe a dozen people who seem to spend their entire waking hours (they don't seem to sleep hardly at all) on Gag, but these people by defintion have no real life, so no real advice to give.

Just ignore them. I block most of them actually. The rest of us are what make the site worthwhile.

• marty boy you have like 20k+ opinions LOL, are you describing yourself?

• I've been her over 7 years now.. I'm not on here all day and night like these dozen. We've always had about that many at any given time, actually, who answer hundreds of questions with three word non-statements...

• m.quickmeme.com/.../...aaeefb013f3654764314256.jpg

Really? You feel shitty and lonely from not being popular on GaG? It's a website... Who tf cares ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Right! I was just thinking that. Do you know how many people out there have like 400 'friends' on FB or other social media sites, but don't have much of a real life or real friends in the real world? GAG is just a bunch of random people asking and answering questions. How does that institute popularity at all? It just means they are either really active at posting/answering/both.

• You're spot on. Pretty much a majority of people that "receive popularity" on social media sites face that reality unfortunately. They usual do it to mask what they don't have when they get off the computer or put down their phones. I always look at it as if you're gonna provide "good/quality content" on the internet, then do it for the sake of providing value, not for seeking petty/useless things like fame.

• Hey people assume I'm popular, but I barely know anyone here on a personal level

• if u go anon often u'll never be famous :p

(jk)

• Every famous user was new once I would replace famous with active. It often feels that way but personally I find GaG very inclusive.

• Famous or not... we're all just here to kill our boredom, who cares if someone is "famous"?

• Yes this site has many consistent users, who are known for their consistent use.

But keep in mind that ANYONE who is consistently here, and gives useful or interesting posts... can obtain "GaG Celebrity Status". 8-)

#GaGCelebrity

• There's also 'Anonymous', the most active of all users. :D

• I don't even know who they are. But I'm assuming @Illusive_Man @YourFutureEx and @Klaatu51 are among them.

• I still sometimes see Gurus I've never even noticed before.

They might seem famous to you because the more active the user, the more likely they are to meet other active users. It just happens that way in every forum. The more active users get to know each other.

It shouldn't make you feel lonely. This site isn't designed to make friends but that will happen naturally over time and with activity on the site just like any site or social group. The fact that you're not "GaG-famous" is just because you haven't posted >8,000 times for the last 2 years. This place is very busy, there's a lot of people. I've been here almost a year and I'd say >90% of the users here don't know me so don't worry.

• Who are these "famous" people and why in the world would you allow the fact that someone is "famous" make you feel like you are less of a person. I have known "famous" people - some earned their way to fame, some got there by other means. I know several who earned their way through hard work and doing what they loved without compromising their integrity. they are regular people who consider themselves just like the rest of us, but fortunate to have achieved success. Then there are those who, to use a catch-all term, sold their soul to be famous. I envy neither of these famous types. I admire the ones who earned it, and feel sad for those who got their by other means. The REAL question YOU need to ask, is why do you feel like you have less worth than these other people?

• 30 seems a little low to me.

• Meh i've been on here long enough to see people come and go, it's rare that people stay forever and if they do they generally aren't on constantly unless they're admin.

• I wouldn't say anyone on here is famous just consistent.

• I honestly wouldn't know as I don't really pay attention too much to usernames.

• Na, I don't give a fuck about the GaG scene really, this is just a way of killing time.

• I voted for C. When is the party?

• The King Of Gag Is Here"

• Haha true dat!

• Who are the famous users? Haven't been here long enough to even notice more than 3-4 people but it seems most people are trying to be helpful.

• I'm not part of the famous 30, but I'm here. I'll talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere. I'm not in a popularity contest.

• Haha I don't think so :S it doesn't bother me anyway. Lots of people know each other from being here for a while but that doesn't mean they won't listen to your opinion and try to answer yo question.

• Well, it takes a certain kind of person to actually stick around here and answer people's questions. Most people just join, ask something, then leave.

• I voted C because I like parties!

• I didn't know this website even had recurring characters.

• First I'll address your feelings on the matter. It's just a website.
    Second I'll address the issue of "famous users". It's just a website.

Life's too short to stress over a website.
    Hug a family member.
    Spend a day with a good friend.
    Watch a nature documentary.
    Read a novel.
    Eat some fruit.
    Enjoy some time in the sunshine.
    Soon you'll forget about this website. It's just a website. All websites are essentially meaningless.
    When you eventually realise this you'll enjoy the experience you have on this website, and every other website for that matter. Because it has no real impact on your life.
    Only you do.
    Only you.
    You.

• It's an inconsequential website on the internet, full of people who don't know you and will never meet you. You should never let something like this make you feel like shit. Don't ever overvalue a website full of anonymous strangers.

• More from Guys
    47

What Girls Said 58

• Uh, famous? Lmfao. It's a website.

• Not really. There are actually many active users here. The ones you think are "popular" is only because they are really active. They post a lot and they don't post anonymously which is why you see them more.

It's no reason to make you feel bad about yourself. If you want to make friends, it helps to not post anonymously and to be proactive. Message people you think are interesting and try to form those connections. I have made several very good friends on here and it wouldn't have happened if we didn't start private messaging each other and getting to know each other on a deeper level :)

• Very true.

It is hard not to notice the very active users.
    However, some of them get special treatment it's almost like they are the vip members at a club lol

• I do agree. My questions hardly ever get answered.

• I have been a member for 9 years yet I am only a level 6 because everyday you do not log onto the site, you loose 2 points... I go long periods of time without ever logging in, but when I do come on I give lots of opinions that I feel make a difference in people's lives. I wrote a couple feature articles in the past that were very successful and about 30% of my opinions are selected as mho... I have put in MANY hours on this site, especially when I was younger... but how does GAG thank me for being a member for 9 years? They don't... I used to be at level 11 and now I am a level 6... There are people who have been members for only a couple years and are now considered experts above me even though it it not fair... Moral of the story? The people who are "famous" on GAG are people who literally spend most of their free time on this site. Don't feel bad because the truth is you probably have great things happening in your everyday life, that they don't... because instead of interacting with the real world... "Famous" GAG members are on here... Hope this helps!!! And I agree, it is frustrating that I get no recognition for being a member for 9 years... and that they have all these social status things set up on the site... but they just do it to get more business... that's all... nothing personal... just unfair...

• I've been here for years and still am not a celeb. So, consistent use does not automatically make you well known. There are a few level 9 users that are much more well known than me, but they also do a lot of MyTakes (which when popular automatically boost how recognizable a user is)

No qualms.

Also, I feel like a lot of the more talked about users actually talk to people, lots of people. I talk to a few people, but I'm pretty sure the average user doesn't talk to that many people and build a real relationship.

• Can anyone show me a link or tell me how many users GaG actually has? I'd be curious. You often here of Facebook and Twitter boasting of numbers all the time - even though we know those numbers can be fudged because of multiple accounts and inactive users - but I'm still curious what the numbers are here.

• I think the 'popular' users on here are really just the most active, so you see their opinions on every second post which basically means every one can become 'popular' or 'famous' on here if they just keep being active and posting a lot..
    but then if you're active on here a lot what are you actually doing with your real life? oO
    (unless your on vacation lol vacation is always a good excuse to be on gag 24/7 B) )

• Ehh, I don't agree. I mean, yes, there are GaG famous people on here, but there are still some plenty of people that have a lot of fans, but just aren't mentioned as much. I have less than a hundred followers, but I still have followers nonetheless. It doesn't make me any less significant or any more significant. To be known a little more you just have to answer more questions, answer questions thoughtfully and with good advice or be a jokester, and stop going anonymous. :)

• GAG is just a place for you to share opinions, ask questions, and mainly, to kill boredom. Don't bother too much about the famous thingy, it's the internet after all. If you want to be known, use less of the anonymity feature and talk more to users. Like private message them, get out of your comfort zone. That's how we all started to make friends.

• what would being ”famous” on a forum accomplish though? focus on youtube. i know people who became famous through that.

• that isn't true at all.

• Yeah, I don't agree with that. Nobody here is famous lol. We're all just regular users. Some are more active than others which sometimes makes them more known, but famous? Nah.

• No not really... I will admit that their are "popular" GAG members however some people are popular at as little as level 5.

And there are way more than 30 "famous" GAG members.

• Okay this just shows that more than 30 people on here are known. We played a game about whose known and all you had to do was leave an opinion and if you knew the person up vote them (or down vote but that's stupid)

And exactly 134 people partipated and a lot of people got a lot of votes... So that's exactly 104 more popular people than you expected an everyone on the site didn't even play:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1385112-lets-play-a-game-do-you-know-me

• Yeah, probably.

• This is true at some extent. I see users who are like celebrities here, people talk a lot about them and it seems that they answer all questions.
    But at the same time, there are users who aren't "famous" and they give helpful and interesting answers. The problem is that they're not here often and sometimes they post anonymously, so it seems that they're just here.
    So, as you can see I don't agree with this completely.

• Voted B. Hey, it's just a website, don't take this who's the prettiest/hottest gager questions seriously. We are all here simply to help and kill our boredom, lol

• Meh those "famous" people just spend TOO much time on here.
    If you want to make friends then just talk to other users. No one bites.

• It's just a website, who the fuck cares.

If you feel lonely try talking to people outside of this place, you're not missing much anyway lol

• GAG consists of me and everyone I'm yet to piss off.
    27.media.tumblr.com/...lff9nqEvyg1qdub9yo1_500.gif

• What the hell. lmao
    No offense girl, but Ima need you to kinda sorta slightly get a life :/ :P

• I don't agree. I think there are so many new users here on gag and I actually think the popularity type questions have gone down significantly lately.

• I agree. But being famous on gag doesn't mean you have achieved anything in real life so I don't give a shit. You shouldn't too

• I do see some of the same people answer more often or put up questions more often but I think that is due to them being on here more, not that they are famous. More like infamous :-)

• For real tho? You're asking to be known more but you post anonymously? I'd ask you to join my clan that I'm starting on GaG, but I can't mail you your invite. :T Way to shoot yourself in your foot.

• It's a website. Does it really matter? Being well known in the real world is much more rewarding.

• Dont be shy now. Start talking more.

• I don't agree. Some people are popular, but I wouldn't say famous.

• Also if you feel lonely, then you can message people or make a introduction question (if that makes sense).

• I'm not a well-known user, nor I'm consistent. The reason I'm here is to share and receive opinions, not to become famous.

• I would say its closer to 300 - 400 "common" users.

• More from Girls
    28