Anyone else think gag is becoming too much of popularity contest?

Like unless you are in a certain "in crowd" your opinions and takes dont matter?

• Yes I noticed it. Its getting annoying.
  • Its always been like that, where have you been?
  • It doesn't seem like it.
  • Im popular so I dont care.
  • Im new
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's always been like this. Just keep in mind that the cool people on here have no real lives and freinds.

Most Helpful Guy

• it was much more of a popularity contest back when i wrote this take about it getting out of hand

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10203-gag-has-become-a-narcissist-have-the-popularity-contests-gone-out-of

since i wrote that, i noticed a huge drop in those kind of popularity contest sort of questions to a more reasonable rate. I disagree with you about which opinions and takes actually matter to people. I've made many anonymous posts that were highly valued by people, as well as myTakes. The content of what you write still holds weight. It's just that when it comes to being tagged in things, your popularity often ends up mattering more than what you actually say

What Girls Said 11

• GaG is what you make it. If you feel like it's a popularity contest then that's what it'll be to you. Your mind will always have you thinking that your questions/takes are being ignored while other people's are not. Are there well K own users here? Sure there are. They've either been here for a long time or they are really active. That doesn't mean that they're popular. Just well known. I answer questions and takes that interest me. Doesn't matter who wrote them.

• Not really sure why people are still hung up on this.

People are allowed to like other people over you or other people, it's perfectly fine, you will survive.

Maybe I live under a rock or something but there's only maybe a handful of people on here who I even pay attention to or even like for that matter lol

• Honestly, it's kind of always been like that?

• what is popular really? this is a website.

• If your always anon you will never be in the popular crowd.

• Who says I'm always anon ;)

• Prove me wrong & go unanon. Surely this question can't be so personal or embarrassing you need to hide?

• I think I know who it is already lol

• No option to just say "nope"?

• I don't really care, nor do I pay much attention to it. I'm hardly on here anymore but it's kind of always been that way here. Users come and go and there will always be new ones.

• It's always been like that. But I never minded it.

• Not for me. I take opinions from anyone. :)

And I don't see the popular ones ad much
    :p

• I haven't noticed. I value opnions which i believe are helpful to me, regardlesss of who the user is

• Im new and just started today.

What Guys Said 12

• I remember when I started I thought that but I have since realised you can be active and keep a low profile. If you want to get known just be active and meet people that way. Once you are known it is up to you how high you keep your profile. Some the most active users keep very low profiles. Remember everyone was once new.

• Its HS all over again

• Yes, but that's not a bad thing for me because I'm the most popular. I'm also the prettiest.

• Not like it used to be. I actually don't think it is a popularity contest anymore. There are more popular users than others but that is to be expected with a large amount of users.

• a contest? what do you "win"?

• Haven't noticed.

• I remember the same question from months ago lol.. It's been like this ever since GaG showed up on my radar.

• It's been like this.

• I go mainly for the interest of the questions, If they are interesting I try my best to answer them !

• I don't know. Am I in the popular group?

Doubt it...

• blame those shitty admins for banning people who actually wanted to make GaG a better place.