Do you think GAG should have a wider variety of redeemables?

I am from New Zealand so I can't redeem my xper for gift cards, I'm not really interested in getting a t shirt (sorry GAG but they aren't the prettiest things) all I can do is make my post featured, donate to a charity that has nothing to do with my country and that's about it. It's a bit unfair. I have all these points that I can't spend.

GAG needs to start catering to the wide variety of its users. There are literally people from all over the world using this site, and I'm sure a few people that are a little annoyed that they can't use their xper for something they want.

When I found out that you can redeem your xper for gift cards I was super excited, I went to redeem and saw that there was only Amazon gift cards, and there is no NZ Amazon so I was a bit disappointed.

Im not sure what major websites cater internationally but if everyone could suggest some sites that GAG could set up a deal with for all of us living outside of the U. S. And Canada to use our hard earned xper on, that would be wonderful!

Most Helpful Guy

• well, you can still use the amazon gift card to get digitally downloaded stuff from amazon like ebooks and such if you aren't american/canadian. You just have to use a random U. S. address during checkout.

Anyhow, i do agree with you. I think there should be a wider variety. They use to have itunes cards i believe, but they stopped that a long time ago. With the way things are going though, they are more likely to reduce the amount of things we can use our xper on, versus increasing the options

Most Helpful Girl

• Even though this doesn't apply to me because I live in the United States, I definitely see what you're saying. When I first read up on how you can redeem your points I did think that it was unfair. Maybe they are unable to ship to other places as of now because the website is progressing and they still have work to do. Hopefully they realize that they need to work on this aspect of the website. I hope that it soon changes so that you may redeem your gift cards😄. Good luck😊.

Ps. I definitely agree with you on that t-shirt thing😵.

What Guys Said 25

• Well i hate to say this but i see GAG is going to start premium services because they need money to run the site they are losing money because people are using adblock to block ads that pop up i look for soon they will even make people with higher ranks to deal with ads too but i could be wrong..

• I give all my points to RAVEN even though it is not based in my country it makes me feel good.

• I hate that somebody down voted you on this. Why down vote someone for doing something nice and feeling good about it? Ugh... I don't understand people.

• Yeah, I suppose. Just so unnecessary.

• down voting some one for giving to a charity gives idiots a feeling of superiority , but then again they could just be douchbag loosers

• Hard earned xper?

Be aware that you're whining about gifts given as a thank you for using a free service. I've never seen another site even offer such things, and I see a lot of people complaining about how they're not enough.

I can earn in an hour at work what it takes a year to earn posting here at a moderate rate.

I think Admins should just stop offering this shit... too many entitled people here.

• I totally agree with you. This is the first site I've seen do it. People are joining just for the gift cards which is ridiculous.

• Maybe a good idea would be to find 1 brand or internet shop that is active worldwide.
    Though the GAG community is probably for 50 or slightly more percent North American, the other 50% does indeed have little options to redeem its points.
    I googled a little and this site, for example, ships world wide.
    www.giftsnideas.com/.../international-online-gift-shop
    And I suppose, if it took me just 2 minutes to find one, there will be more of these!
    By the way, I'm from Belgium so I'd have the same problem you have :-)

• I am from New Zealand to and don't really care about the Amazon gift card. It is only like $25 you get or something anyway and it takes so many points to get there anyway. I have tons of points myself and I can see your point but I have just decided since it is not much of a prize anyway I can't be bothered. I personally would like to see GAG sort some of the other problems out more.

• They should lower the points it takes to get stuff and they should turn there gift cards into cash so I can go to my favorite restaurants instead of TGI Fridays all the time it gets so old.

• Totally agree. Becoming more international, in EVERY way, would be the logical way forward for the site. People in countries outside the US are in general much more insightful about relationships, also, in my experience.

• I bet an eBay gift card would work out well for most of us, and I always thought Amazon delivers everywhere since they use the post office to carry it

• I've never brought anything from there as the last time I checked the currency only went to Australian dollar.

But yes eBay would be perfect, I'm an eBay freak.

• I'm an eBay junkie, lol I practically buy everything I need on there or want that's why I have 685 reviews on my user name😊 but I think that card would work best for everyone around the world

• Yeah It's so much cheaper through eBay, I get all my phone cases from there. What would have cost $20 in store costs $5 on there with free shipping

• Sure why not, it would expose them for being the carnies they really are... They already ask for a dollar when you sign in to play the game for having ad block on and they also don't give you your prize when you win, so they might as well have more possible prizes to bring in the crowds.

intelligenttravel.nationalgeographic.com/.../carney-mountain-heritage-festival-kentucky.jpg

• In two years the prices (number of points needed) have risen two times (three times since I'm member)
    That's worse than a lack of choice: using the Amazon certificates you have a very great choice.

• You should be happy they give out any at all they don't have to.

• There are items on Amazon which ship internationally, even to Kiwiland. Maybe you should give it a try.

• Do I think I should complain about FREE gifts by suggesting a wider selection?

No, I don't. That's fucking rude.

• I agree it would be nice to have more variety, amazon is kind of a pain here since they dont officially operate here. A steam gift card would be great for me instead.

• Yeah I want some boxer briefs with gag printed on the ass

• I would like to redeem COLD. HARD. CA$H!

• i don´t think there should be redeemables at all... some people only come here for them not for the "real" purpose of the site.

• I disagree, bro. A free nick-nack here and there isn't a bad thing!

• yeah it doesn´t hurt to get free stuff... but then again this kind of messes up the spirit of the site for some greedy people. they just try to figure out what brings the most points instead of just doing what the site is meant for.

• I've never took interest in this whole redeem thing. I'm here for the content and activity.

• what? they give you stuff? haha im so out of the loop

• Yup i wanted a amazon gift card but unfortunately that only applicable to amazon stores in us...

So i only use xper points to feature a question...

• Yeah that was i was telling one of the admins here, she said Shirts are only available in US and Canada and i said but GAG have users all over world at the end she said we will consider it, but dont get your hopes up it was just a talk.

• They are not obligated to give you anything.

• I have redeemed for 3 gift cards which I have which are worthless for me, I will send them to my Canadian or American girlfriend from here. :D

• maybe it should

• It's American based. Everything is American based. They have one thing on their mind and that's themselves. They don't look past their own shores so to hell with the rest of the world because they are the world. So they think anyway

What Girls Said 17

• I don't think the site has the financial abilities right now and what they provide benefits a large majority of their users so they don't really need to add more. Contact GAG and ask for them to consider it though, it wouldn't hurt.

• I've been on GAG years and I got myself adult colouring books and pens for me and my mum. It's a thank-you from GAG yet people are exploiting it.

• @Kerbie Well I spoke about them to my mum and she said she was interested in them so I bought her her own book. :) My mum's my best friend and the best person I've ever known so she deserves it all. ☺

• its really nice to hear that i know from my experience with citizens advice calls from mothers and daughters that had fallen out and no longer talked.

Spookly I had found the adult colouring book curious after seeing them in a Hobbycraft email

• Yeah, I agree. There's no way I'd walk around wearing a GaG t-shirt lol
    I would be embarrassed if anyone I know IRL knew I used this website...

• Agreed! I'm in Melbourne. And not being able to redeem points kind of sucks :(
    But I'm not much fussed about it.

• They do send to Australia.

• For example, ask for usa gift card, go to usa store. U can choose to pay in Australian or usa currency when you buy an item that allows international shipping. I recoonend you use 40.00 instead of 20.00 for buying something. I still pay 1.16 (used my credit card) to make up for the total amount.

• Well worth it 😊

• There's no Amazon in NZ? No way, well... you learn something new everyday!

But yes - i agree with you, this is an international site really, yes it may be predominantly US but there are a LOT of regular users from around the world. A charity in each, or just Amnesty International, or the Red Cross or similar - something which is universal would be nice. I don't want to give my points to a charity in the US, I'd prefer it to go to my country.

• Wow... why does a charity have to affect your country directly? Why can't you just help fellow humans? That was appalling to read. I redeem all of my points to RAVEN

• Thats really not right. :/
    And all their stuff is lame

• i agree. i only get the amazon gift card

• I agree with you. I gave my points to RAVEN, it was good. But there's nothing else I can do with it.
    It would be a good idea, but I guess they don't do it because it would be too expensive for the site administrators or they're not able to do it.

• If you are here for the gift cards, you are here for the wrong reason. They don't have to give you anything at all.

• I think it's nice that they do give out rewards because most sites don't do that at all but I definitely see your point and it's not really fair. I'm curious what their reason is for not offering gift cards to people in certain countries?

• no. just the gift cards.

even then, i feel the reason the site is even asking some of us for donations (if you have ad block) is because they are losing money, partly from gifts, when they're not obligated to.

• I dont live those stated countries that has amzon store but they do send parcel to my country.

• You can't use the Amazon card?

• that would be an ideal change instead of the idiot changes or updates gag has been doing lately

• So many people bitching. Yes, they should. Not everyone lives in the US

• Yeah that would be great. They should make the gift card available to all countries

• yeah they should.