Is it me or is gag just getting really boring?

Like I used to come here to be entertained but now it's so boring. Like where is the excitement and some interesting people... I feel like everyone interesting has left or barely comes on anymore. I also feel like these stupid updates make it difficult to navigate. Like I'm barely following anyone and id like to see what they are saying versus all these childish questions... Smh this site is going down hill in my opinion who agrees? One last item to bitch about or suggest what Ever. But there should totally be a filter so we can read questions opinions from specific age ranges kinda thing. I think that would be a very big improvement 💁🏼

Most Helpful Guy

• It happened because you don't see what's actually popular, you CAN'T see the ACTUAL activity, the spicy stuff where stuff is going on. You can't filter globally for people who "commented on" something.

What sucks about this is that this also means that as a moderator, you can't really keep track of opinion comments around the site at all, unless you literally follow everyone and then set the follower-only filter (which is obviously impossible, or at least completely unreasonable).

• Wow that's very true too. I didn't think of that. But yeah I can't see what's going on and i think for you as a moderator this should be easier for you. But in general yeah I'd like to see where the action is because that's the fun stuff. It's like finding an actual interesting feed where a good discussion is going is like so hard. Sorry really bad grammar I run run on sentences like its a never ending race lol. But hopefully you get what I'm saying.

What Guys Said 21

• It is getting boring. After some thought, I realize that this site was much, much more fun with the old design. With every single fucking change they make the site becomes more dull, and the few issues (if any) it used to have instead of fixing them, more inconveniences they made.

Browsing is getting more tedious, the site has become super slow when navigating through phone (there was a period where glitches were an every day thing) and the gender sided questions are still annoying as fuck.

The most retarded thing this website has is the blocking feature, it doesn't help controlling spammers or trolls and basically prevents others of stating their own opinions to others. What this site needs is not a block button, no, just an efficient report system where the admins can identify the troll/offensive poster and kick them out of the site, period. It would also help if making accounts wasn't so ridiculously easy and if one email address gets only to have ONE account, meaning if they close the account linked to an e-mail address they wouldn't be able to open a new one which isn't the case. That way we would have proper accounts with legit people making actual fucking questions.

I might be asking too much with this last one but goddamn this site should have a filter for repetitive questions, holy shit. I don't know what or how but something... I am tired of looking at the same race questions every day for example. That would give users a chance to focus more on the circumstantial questions (the serious ones) or even the hilarious crazy questions some people post. That would be far more interesting than reading the same thing over and over.

• Well you said it. I couldn't agree more with what your saying. I only joined this site a little over a year ago and back the. It was easy to navigate simple basic and yeah a few glitches but it worked it didn't make using the site impossible but it was good back then. It was simple. Now it's just beyond annoying. The repetitive question feature would be ideal and the email thing that'd be nice.

• I think it might be to do with the lack of interaction and feedback, making it feel like you're speaking to thin air. You can pretty much write your soul out, and no one will comment on your answer or even bother to rate it. The changes have been orientated to get more quantity in, more homogeneity, at the expense of quality.

• What I've done is, over a longer time, added people I'm following based on (1) are they serious people (like you) and (2) do they ask good questions.
    I'm often just browsing for the question of the users I follow and that yield a list of interesting questions. I usually answer at least 1 out of 2 of those.
    Plus, when you get some interaction with these people, they're usually nice people and that adds quality to GAG'ing.

• True but it's hard to navigate now. And I'm thesameway I only follow people I find interesting and post stuff I'm interested in.

• Well, I must say I like the one-but-last version of the feed more, since you could filter for what you wanted, all on one screen. That was practical to me. The updated version is a setback from my point of view.
      I can't say that navigating is really difficult to me. Perhaps it's because I have developed my techniques :-)

• It is funny everyone going crazy about new updates but it actually suits my usage I now avoid topics rather than try to filter users.

• Yeah getting very boring

• Yeah some of the good people don't come on as much and it has gotten a little more boring. Hopefully we get some people who will make it better

• we all been there, we grown up, we hated to bring up the idea we all been there. young people in , old people out, maybe your mind 's been telling you it's time to get on and cut the tie what's been boring you.

• I think this mainly has to do with people being on very little because it's summer, I mean people want to be out swimming, sun bathing, throwing parties and grilling, not on their computer or phone

• That's true too but like some people say you can't even see the popular feeds where stuff is going on unless your like following everyone. I don't know it makes it boring if you can't find the good stuff

• I honestly didn't know how to do all that til today someone showed me. But I was on the live feed which is so annoying but hopefully now that I've figured this out it won't b so bad

• Yeah it will be better.

• A large amount of users who frequented GaG last year have fucked off into oblivion, maybe that's it.
    They could get a little annoying with their silly little cliques and whatnot, but this year's user base is much worse.

• Well it's new people asking the same questions over and over. But I'm not bored yet. Not too bored yet anyway but I see where your coming from. I think there needs to be more entertaining people here. Like SandPlanet. Where's the drama? Haha

• We just need more catfishes right lets bring the drama back some trolls and throw in some really opinionated people. Maybe it will be entertaining again 😂

• Awesome!
      I heart you a lot!
      ❤️
      You'll be doing it for the greater good of GaG's entertainment!

• Hahaa I will be

• It's getting quite dull I agree.

• No it's not only you, it has become super boring, and questions do not get as many opinions as they used to...

• It's not just you.. I'm bored of gag too. Just waiting for da giftcard

• Yeah and then they made all the points super high. 😑 I was trying to get two Amazon cards now i have to wait for ever. But seriously so boring. I wonder why I came back and then I remember the gift cards 😳

• Yeah it's really shit.

• I felt that in last 7 days or so it was kinda boring and yeah before update there was an age filter

• Omg there was? I didn't know that. Well they need to bring it back its kind of annoying seeing all these babies on here. 😑

• Well i commented in the updates thing someone posted a link for it but hopefully they bring it back. Do you think messaging an admin will do much do they make the changes? I don't know how that works

• Yeah i think admins can (like they usernames) or at least they will tell their upper authority

• Life is what you make it they say and you can say the same about GAG

• Yeah it's gotten boring, the only thing that makes it fun if you have people to talk in messages.

• Right but then all I get in messages is creepy people no one interesting messages me well okay I take that back a couple people but majority are weird so I really don't reply to any messages.

• I want to make it hard for you and say single space... but I'll be honest lol it was double space :P

• Hahaha double space isn't soo bad. I'll be honest I never had to write a paper that was 15 pages so I guess I got it easy. Max amount was probably like 5 or 6 and that took me like 2 hours. I did write a 60+ page book not double spaced that took me a year. Haha that's true procrastination that would of took me like a day or so if I actually never stopped writing haha.

• Yes, gag is going down hill when you log on did you notice their
    looking for people to donate because he has no money to pay bills
    for this site? Why they keep adding more updates if there's no
    money to pay for the bills it makes no sense.

http://imgur.com/r8eqMoF

• Ha wow! I can't believe they are asking for money. I mean that's probably why the points all sky rocked up. Totally agree though they need to stop with all the updates. I can understand a couple times a year but it's like every month now 😑😑😑

• Yeah i agree with you :) :D

• Well c'mon girl! Make some excitement for us then. Do something daring on here no one has ever done

• Depends what you're after, if you wanna go on a forum and interact with witty people in a cooler environment then reddit is there.. if you want all the bullshit you get in youtube comments just reformatted and served up under the guise of "closing the gender gap" then GaG away! lol

• Redit just didn't do it for me. Besides they don't have a good app or a good site for use on your phone. Or we didn't when I last used it like one time. Ha

• lol, we'll be voat bffs!

• I might come back full force one day, but yeah I feel you. Most of the people I fucked with hardly get on anymore or don't get on at all. It's boring as shit and now the few people who do get on here all the time think they the shit. They aren't.

What Girls Said 6

• Do you use the feed or other pages? I go from http://www.girlsaskguys.com/recent?t=questions and it's a lot easier than the disaster on the front page.

If you haven't commented already, you should def leave update feedback over here www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11046-changes-to-gag-what-s-new-in-this-update

• Thanks for that. The front page is a total mess I've been getting so annoyed. But I just left a comment on there. But I think I'll try using the feed from now on now that I understand it a little better.

• Good for you! I hope that you find things easier!

• It's not just you.

• yeah, i feel like admin makes pointless changes every week or so out of boredom

now, if you have adblock, they're asking you to remove it or make a donation

it's overwhelming. even facebook doesn't change that often. maybe semi-annually at most. i feel GaG should be like that too. GaG should go back to being user friendly.

i already bitched about it to them. to be fair, it is summer, and maybe some users are simply on vacation.

• Yeah I get that it being summer but last summer I don't think it was so bad. The changes are ridiculous though it's like everytime I log on it's like oh more changes. Someone else mentioned that too about the ad block which obv we have that on for a reason. If they stopped with the changes maybe they could save some money for an update that is actually great not annoying.

• Yup yup I totally agree. GaG is sooooooooooooo it's painful. I used to be obsessed and I started just joined just a couple months back. Sadly, I've become tired of it but I still come on to it when I have nothing else to do.

• Agreed. All the people from last year are gone now and it's changed so much. It's over run by youngins and it's a little too immature for me most days. I still come on to kill time but I miss the old days and users.

• Yes I totally agree with that. But we're left it's jus not the same anymore sad face. It used to be so entertaining.

• I'm here to give advice , Not to ask questions. But since I started , I'm really trying to reach my goal of level 10 . Then maybe I will visit 3 times a year.