Why do some people on GAG feel the need to message someone just to say mean things?

Why do some people do that? Why do they PM you mean and unnecessary things for the sole purpose of wanting to hurt you (when you haven't done anything to them)? What's wrong with them? Who hurt them? How to cure them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sweetheart NO!!!
    thats so rude i am sorry

I think they are just taking out their feelings of anger on you, which isn't cool
    or they are projecting their insecurities on you which is even worse

I don't know, i think they have been hurt by many different things :/
    The only thing that can cure them is themselves
    they need to take a good look at themselves

Until then, i will keep PMing you with messages of love to balance out all the hate!

also is your account private?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ignore them, these people are just attention seekers that doesn't have anything better to do in their life. Why would anyone go out of their way just to make the people that they messaged feel bad when that person didn't do anything that harm/hurt them at all? This is just sick, totally sick. You're a really sweet girl, those people are just out of their mind. Don't let it get to you. Keep smiling and ignore them 😊

What Guys Said 17

• I don't know why some people feel that need. I have had girls randomly post mean and hurtful comments to me and block me strait away before I can even reply. This is girls I have never even talked to before and have done nothing to them. Some people are just crazy.

• This has always surprised me a lot - Surely being negative brings more negativity to your life - I am not being total hippy and saying go out and hug a tree but to make the effort to abuse someone is beyond me - Why be miserable when you can be happy.

• They are internet bullies. They hide behind their computer screens and say mean things to others because they are miserable in their own lives, having to bring others down to make themselves feel better and most of all they are cowards. I am truly sorry about this if it happening to you.

• haters gonna hate

• It's the internet it's just the way some people are on here, cruel/mean, useless and annoying, their own lives probably suck so like actual bullies in real they take it out on those around them in order to justify what they do and make themselves feel better.

• The only thing you can do is report them for PM'ing (or another reason in the list behind "the flag")... if they do it with multiple people the admins will realize this user is causing distress to "the community".
    They cannot read PM's so reporting such users is the only way for them to know the user needs attention.

• Because cyber-bullying makes them feel tough, they do it through personal message so other users to see them doing it. Thankfully it has never happened to me nor have I don't it to other users.

• I don't really get messages.. No-one's done that to me, and I'm not about that insult for no reason stuff. That's just mean.

People like that shouldn't be on this site, we should rid it of their foul presence.

• They take issues they've had with other people in the past and take it out on you. It's childish and immature of them. Sorry if it's happening to you. Just ignore them as best you can.

• Hmmm gonna message you mean things now.

• I haven't had that happen to me. Sometimes people are cruel to one another, it is just a fact of life

• Cuz they suck

• did someone send something to you?

• It happens quite often.

• hmm. okay. i wish you told me about this sooner! could have nipped it in the butt long ago. How about you PM me and detail the problem, and ill see what i can do to help

• Awh, I really appreciate you wanting to help, but I think I can handle this myself :)) It's not a tragedy, I just wanna understand what makes people do that.

• That's never happened to me. Either ignore them or tell them to fuck off.

• Tell me each time this happens so I can send them a few compliments back ;)

• Hahahah xD ❤
      I appreciate that, but I can handle them on my own 😛 I just don't understand why the hell they do that :/

• Ok ok, I know you're tough but count me as backup then. Anyways, I don't see the sense in deconstructing their ways, I mean, they're just trolls. They feed on other people's reactions and quite frankly you are giving them just that by making this question. I know blocking fucking sucks, but these are the cases when it could "help" to some extent. :)

• Guess you're right :/

• What did they say to u? U can om me if u like

• it's just an excuse to talk to you. so they act like they're mad but they're really not.

What Girls Said 14

• maybe they don't agree with something you said.. and they are just nutcases trying to piss others off because they have nothing better to do in life.. just don't reply and they will stop.. i know you don't like to block.. i don't like it either.. but what you can do is block them for some time so they get the message.. and then just unblock them later..

• Do people seriously do that to you? I no longer let random people message me anymore because of perverts, not so much mean messages.

• I guess they go out of their way to make whoever they are messaging feel like shit? Bored shitless or they do that hopping to get a reaction out of the person they just messaged

• I have no idea, cause they're wimps and insecure and would never have the guts to do it to your face in real life?

I would only message to say something nice to someone. like you :)

• I don't know but they annoy the shit out if me

• Do people really do that? :O What is wrong with them?😤
    I find this mean gesture very pathetic, lol.

• Report them for harassment or abuse.

• there's a block list for that. i know i have many that i have blocked for asking stupid questions, penis insecurities and just plain rune and disgusting comments, not necessarily in pm but you get my point

• Who does that? Someone's actually done that nonsense to you?

Ignore any of that, they don't know who you are & they're embarrassing themselves if they feel the need to put a stranger down.

• Because they have no sense of common decency
    They are probably very troubled people as well

• Not to be rude but I feel that those people have no lives and just want to make other ppls lives miserable behind a screen.

• Cuz they're assholes lol

• That's why they invented the block button... God bless...

• I don't know but that can be annoying to me sometimes when some people bullie me