How can I stop YouTube videos being played automatically here?

Oh god this one’s….. ughhhhh

Everytime I open a question wid a YT link attached, in another tab…it starts playin automatically!!!

Does it happen to u as well?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know there is YouTube plugins you can use for your browser that stops automatically
    play they're for Chrome, Firefox, Opera I looked for you that's about all i found
    i do know if you have a ad block plugin called uBlock Origin , it does stop videos
    from playing on here only when it's not activated but once you activate it the videos
    do play i know sounds weird maybe you want try one of them other plugins i mentioned ,

What Girls Said 3

• Yes it does

• It only happens the odd time to me. I was told how it can be stopped but I must have missed part because I couldn't figure it out.

• Doesn't happen to me. :/

What Guys Said 4

• Not that much to me - Once/twice a week

• Yes this does happen to me and it is annoying to because the youtube video often does not load strait away when it is on GAG.

• when you go on youtube on the right hand side of the videos there is something that says auto play and you have to turn that off just click on it there should be an "i" symbol next to it.

• it's off already...

• That's weird have you tried contacting youtubehelp?

• actually this "i" u mention's about playin videos automatically in YT (in a playlist sequence) and not HERE in GAG.

i meant everytime i open a question wid a YT link attached here in GAG, it starts playin on its own...

• Best way is to use a video/flash blocker, that way the videos only play when you click on them.

• but it started only recently...

• I know and it's annoying. Cause I don't have a video blocker on chrome. Firefox has video block and doesn't have that problem. Most likely it's the result of a update know one knows about.

• i always use chrome those last couple of years so i dunno