What's your reason for downvoting an opinion?

I notice opinions getting downvoted even when they aren't offensive in the slightest. I find it a bit odd so I decided to ask a question. What's your reason for downvoting someone (besides disagreeing with their views, but you can state that)?

• Because I disagree with their opinion.
  • Because I don't like the person.
  • Because I want to be a jerk.
  • Because I'm bored.
  • For fun.
  • All of the above.
  • Other (specify in opinions)/ I don't downvote

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol I love how someone is downvoting everyone's opinions on the question about downvoting. I wonder if they are the person that chose C.

I usually downvote all the people that act like creeps or give an answer that doesn't contribute. Example : I have one guy in mind (after looking at his profile a bit) where all his answers were for woman's questions on the 'How Do I Look' topic and were like "Oh yeah you reall hot. PM me for details." "PM me if you want to know the answer." "PM me if you want to know about my dick" kind of things. Answers that don't help and are honestly pretty creepy...

Those answers deserve a down vote in my book. Those and the other ones that are blatantly offensive and trolling.

Most Helpful Girl

• I only down vote when I think what the person is saying is mean and unnecessary or when I really disagree with their opinion. I won't down vote someone just because I don't like the user. I base it off of what the user has to say on a specific question.

What Guys Said 13

• It's not because I disagree with them, but the way they put their questions and answers. They're very disrespectful towards a person/people/group/etc. An example would be:

The Narcissistic dress code for women (The one take that pissed me off beyond belief)

An answer I read to a question I can't quite think of was something along the lines of women being whores/sluts and maybe if they dressed decent rape would go down and sexual assault wouldn't exist. I can't get my finger wrapped around both that answer and what question it was to. But it pissed me off and I downvoted.

So stuff like those two are why.

• I rarely downvote anything. I rarely upvote anything either.
    Usually I downvote when someone says something really stupid, or something that's really overstated by others.

• I think A + B mostly in fairness because they disagree with the opinion but I have noticed there are a group of people who downvote based on who is giving opinion.

• It's rare I downvote but when I do its cause I strongly disagree or someone is just outright ridiculous.

• I'll only downvote someone when their opinion is basically just an unjustified attack on the asker, or if they are giving verifiable bad advice.

• Because I disagree with their opinion. I only judge based on content not on the individual. Makes me wonder if some people give me down votes because they don't like me.

• I rarely downvote and when I do is if the commentis offensive, or trolling.

• i would have to strongly disagree with a person in order to down vote other wise i don't really care its rare but i do sometimes

• Because they post an annoying picture that has nothing to do with the question.

• I never downvote
    if I disagree with someone.. I either engage in a discussion or leave it lol

• just downvoted everybody, didn't even read what they say... im crazy like that

• None of the above. Because they are factually incorrect, or they hide behind "im just giving an opinion" To spread hate and misinformation, usually through grossly inaccurate generalizations.

• Combination of A and B. Or when people try to be funny and it fails miserably.

What Girls Said 11

• Because they're dumbasses. Literally. I don't downvote opinions unless if the person is generalizing and giving such a fucktarded opinion.

I used to comment on every single one but I realize it's such a waste of my time, because all of those people that I did that on didn't have brains.

Except for one guy. He was a foreigner and I felt bad for doing it to him. He was stereotyping but he was really sweet and almost innocent when he realized he was wrong.

• I downvote users if their response was derogatory or unnecessarily rude to people in general or the QA.

• Eh sometimes they just dislike the users for some reasons so they will down vote the person's opinions though it's relevant. I usually down vote the answer if it is offensive, illogical or doesn't make sense at all.

• Only if the opinion is incorrect, offensive, nonsense, actually bad advice (kinda the same as disagreeing). I don't downvote that much though

• Usually I only down vote people when they say something rude or uncalled for. Not necessarily because I disagree with them, though. Sometimes I accidently down vote people because I'm trying to up vote them and I'm like "whoops" 😂

• C. Because I want to be a jerk.

• I either disagree with their opinion or think they're just being an ass for no reason. Although those are often the same people.

• Mostly because I disagree with the comment.

• I disagree with the answer

• Because the person is being a dick

• Usually because the opinion provided nothing of value, was unnecessarily hateful or rude, was irrelevant to the question being asked, etc.