I notice opinions getting downvoted even when they aren't offensive in the slightest. I find it a bit odd so I decided to ask a question. What's your reason for downvoting someone (besides disagreeing with their views, but you can state that)?
- Because I disagree with their opinion.73% (33)47% (17)62% (50)Vote
- Because I don't like the person.2% (1)3% (1)2% (2)Vote
- Because I want to be a jerk.2% (1)3% (1)2% (2)Vote
- Because I'm bored.0% (0)6% (2)2% (2)Vote
- For fun.0% (0)8% (3)4% (3)Vote
- All of the above.9% (4)17% (6)12% (10)Vote
- Other (specify in opinions)/ I don't downvote14% (6)16% (6)16% (12)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Lol I love how someone is downvoting everyone's opinions on the question about downvoting. I wonder if they are the person that chose C.
I usually downvote all the people that act like creeps or give an answer that doesn't contribute. Example : I have one guy in mind (after looking at his profile a bit) where all his answers were for woman's questions on the 'How Do I Look' topic and were like "Oh yeah you reall hot. PM me for details." "PM me if you want to know the answer." "PM me if you want to know about my dick" kind of things. Answers that don't help and are honestly pretty creepy...
Those answers deserve a down vote in my book. Those and the other ones that are blatantly offensive and trolling.1
Most Helpful Girl
I only down vote when I think what the person is saying is mean and unnecessary or when I really disagree with their opinion. I won't down vote someone just because I don't like the user. I base it off of what the user has to say on a specific question.0