Why are there so many catfish on this site?

It's fuckin annoying.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we should all make a catfish account and call it our alter ego. Jk but we should totally start pointing fingers at everyone. Where the cat fishes at im totally out of the loop.

• Same here!!! I don't know which ones are but I'm damn curious now lol

• Most likely. It's easy to steal someone's pic and not have it be from the internet. Who knows though. I'm pretty sure I know of another one in here as well.

• Who?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is how I look at it "unless you're looking for #LOVE over the web" why does it matter then? If someone wants to use a fake profile picture they can be my guest. Since "they won't catfish me because I'm not #fishing in the 1st" if that makes sense.

Only an idiot gets catfished in this day in age with the amount of technology that we have at our disposal. i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

In the words of my homegirl @Stacyzee and this should be posted on the catfish hall of SHAME if and when that thing gets made " You can pretend to be someone else. But when you log off, It's back to reality and your own reflection" #after they've been caught ^_^

• I guess I have not noticed any because that's not what i'm here for and the creeps in my inbox don't have a chance anyway so i don't care what pic they use lol

• @Stacyzee *swoons because a GAG #Master commented on my post*... so am I famous by association?

• Lol maybe :P

What Girls Said 11

• I don't get why people care tbh

• There was actually this one guy on here asking if it was "okay" to use someone else's picture to get women to talk to him so yup, pretty sure it's for attention or whatever else they are hoping to get from it

• I want names! How juicy! :)

• I haven't spoken to any catfishes from what im aware of anyway but im guessing there must be a lot on here because I've been accused of being a catfish myself, its probably for attention

• Because they have no life and also probably some mental issues as well, as no normal person would think of doing something as stupid as that.

• Yeah, it's pretty funny that when they're 'outed' they get all defensive.

• I haven't noticed many catfish but I have noticed some people don't use their own picture or a picture of an actual person but it doesn't bother me.

• From what I've seen there's really not that many catfishes here. At least compared to other sites I've been on.

• Because they're insecure as eff.

• Do you tell by photos and not from by what they say? I'd have no clue either way

• Pictures

• Ah. I don't know, it'd be hard to tell then I think. I know I legitimately had my picture as my profile picture on Facebook for a bit

• Probably because they want attention.

• Who are the catfish on here?

• If I say mention them this question will be removed

• Surely if they are real catfish then everyone should know who they are , so the good people of GaG can't be manipulated and fooled. If they are allowed to be catfish that means they have control.

• Not necessarily

What Guys Said 7

• There has been an increase in last few days though that said they could have just been so bad they were obvious. It tends to go in cycles some of the users get annoyed and reverse image everything then call out catfishes. It depends on my mood the last couple of days annoyed me a bit but usually I go "Yeah you are pretty" and take the Xper point.

• "We all got our vices, boy. Gotta gluttonise from time to time."
    i.ytimg.com/vi/KeelCmoIEQ4/maxresdefault.jpg

• What you got against catfish mate?

i901.photobucket.com/.../catfish.gif

• I'm right here meoww

• its mostly to get attention that they don't get in real life. That's the purpose for most catfishes I've seen

• They are inscured and litterly want attention... you should named them. or ask us to named them... but problem is this will start a war of words here.

• catbug > catfish