How many people on GAG private message only to start a petty message and then block the other person for trying to civilly settle their dissagreement?

I'm pretty new here but have already dealt with a few people like this. Has anyone else had to deal with these kinds of people? If your someone who does it, why and what are you trying to get out of it? I don't mean to start up any sparks or judgements, I'm just curious about if anyone else has had to deal with people like this and why these people choose to do it in the first place.

*petty argument

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you are a strong person with an open mind who does things differently than most people and who don't care if people are for it or against it. You take your own decisions. That makes you somewhat powerful. Some people can't stand it or are jealous and they need to try to put you down to their level. Since they are probably too stupid to have any arguments that make sense (and they know it), they insult you and remove your chance to respond to their insults. I know because people do the same to me in public.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• I once got a message from a 13 y/o kid talking about something I said in a question. It started good but when she mentioned something and I disagreed with that she then said a bunch of things against me and then blocked me.
    I've seen her comments around and she's just an immature kid, so I dont care of she blocked me.

• Awe, that's good. Usually most blockers are stubborn and immature. They stuck on a dumb idea and have no idea how to talk about it

• Exactly. I haven't blocked anyone and I've been here for almost a year. People block for disagreeing with them, which just show how immature they are.
      You'll come through many of those in here, I've even been blocked by people I have never talked to or seen here xD

• Hahaha, damn! How rude

• I was PMing regularly with a young lady GAGer from Pakistan. We had some arguments, but were getting along fine, even though she was a bit negative all the time. She put up a question about the difference between two words. I tried to give an honest answer, like a dictionary entry. She took my answer as a personal attack, and blocked me. She also blocked my sister, and we are still blocked.

I am still very fond of her, and miss her like crazy. I wish she would come back like before.

• I think most blocks are done because of childish petulance. One day, I might be the only one to be able to answer a question in the right way. If I'm blocked, that answer will never get seen by the asker. Blockers only shoot themselves in the foot. It IS a really pointless exercise.

• Exactly! I'm sorry that happened to you. It's really is frustrating

• have not encountered that yet, people are usually PMing me to make sure im not really FBI.

• I just ignore them, some people just thrive on drama because it's all they know in life. I choose not to partake.

• I hate blockers. Childish, they are.

• Thankfully I have not encountered that yet sounds annoying

• Nope, it's rare I even pm anyone at all.

• Ahh, well that's good. Usually they PM me instead. Though I still try to give them a change to talk. Who knows, they might have something interesting to say

• Ahhh whose sorry. The plural "males" tricked me. Yeah but you're right. So far I've only been getting it from guys. Sorry i didn't mean to be sexist (besides how some men like do like to pick fights in bars)

• Ehh, I don't see it as being sexist. I've notice it to be quite true. It's often with guys who hasn't been outside too much and don't socialize very well.

• I've made a joke about pix to someone and they blocked me I would like to sort it out but can't as I can't leave messages

• Awe, oh well you got to be careful about joking like that. A lot of people get really jumpy and defensive about stuff like that

• yeah they were talking about being seen naked and I simply made a joke about needing pix proof and next thing I was blocked and the person knows me as well and knows I wouldn't mean it

• I haven't. I'm pretty immune to that kind of problems.

• There's no civility on here. Welcome to the Thunderdome bitch!

• I haven't dealt with any of that yet and with the way I post you'd think there would be more haters.

• That's great! I'm glad you've been able to avoid it

• Haha, Yep somehow somewhere. If only it werent so thin

• Those kind of people can be a day breaker depending on what they said.

• Many feel the last person to speak is the "winner", so they do that.

What Girls Said 6

• I am trigger happy with the block " button". If i don't like someone... i simply block them. I don't block people who i have a diagreement with , just people who i think aren't genuine or those who bully other users on GaG.

• Understood. Though you can also report a person if they're being a real threat to other people instead of blocking them. Blocking ignores the problem while reporting can help fix it. Though I only recomend this for really rude and assaulting people, which thankfully this site only has a few of them

• No i just block, if people feel threatened they need to report it, not me. It's the internet... so blocking is the best solution.

• You shouldn't even bother

• I try not to, but equal opportunities right? No child left behind? Everyone deserves a chance. Some people might really have something interesting to say so I try to give them the chance to speak up

• I guess so

• I usually don't even respond to certain messages.

• I haven't done that before and no one did that to me, fortunately.

• I usually do not private message people unless I want to truly talk to them.
    With that being said if a user says something I do not agree with, I usually shrug it off. It is there opinion. This is a complete stranger and I have nothing to prove to this person. :)

• I've never done that.